Action Figure TSA & Star Wars figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoBE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the TSA will confiscate Star Wars figures in a carry-on bag? Technically they have replica weapons, but they are minuscule and obviously plastic.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any recent experiences on this.

Like... at the airport?

Put it in your carry on, if they ask, it's a toy. It isn't going to show up anything weird on the scanner, it's plastic and a toy, they aren't going to care. My buddy come visits me from South America once a year, loads up 3 suitcases full of toys, sideshow included and goes back, never had a problem.

Like... at the airport?

Put it in your carry on, if they ask, it's a toy. It isn't going to show up anything weird on the scanner, it's plastic and a toy, they aren't going to care. My buddy come visits me from South America once a year, loads up 3 suitcases full of toys, sideshow included and goes back, never had a problem.

Yeah, at the airport. But does your buddy travel with three bags of carry-on?

Also, I dress up as Boba Fett, and put an EE-3 Carbine in my luggage that is a life size replica, looks VERY REAL as some sort of rifle. I just include a printed paper of me in costume in the luggage, a note that says be careful * movie props * and then when I check in I let the counter know and sometimes they'll have a special person come and tag it with something that says "inspected", I pull out the Fett helmet and they all melt in my hand. Hahaha. So yeah, toys I don't think you would have any problem.

Does anyone know if the TSA will confiscate Star Wars figures in a carry-on bag? Technically they have replica weapons, but they are minuscule and obviously plastic.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any recent experiences on this.

I'd imagine it would be fine, but then again TSA gave my gf trouble today with a bag of cookies in her carry on 😂

Call your airlines ahead if you're really worried. But it's sixth scale. I'm pretty sure a 12" action figure isn't going to ring any alarms. It's just a toy.

If it was a metal sword for a figure like Deadpool I might say yes.

But just small plastic toy bits, I can't see why they'd do that. Even then, they'd toss out the sword, not the whole figure.

Also, I dress up as Boba Fett, and put an EE-3 Carbine in my luggage that is a life size replica, looks VERY REAL as some sort of rifle. I just include a printed paper of me in costume in the luggage, a note that says be careful * movie props * and then when I check in I let the counter know and sometimes they'll have a special person come and tag it with something that says "inspected", I pull out the Fett helmet and they all melt in my hand. Hahaha. So yeah, toys I don't think you would have any problem.
This is awesome!!! Completely made my day :clap

Whenever I travel with replica weapons, I simply place them in a condom an insert them in my @nu5; never had an issue and sometimes they will give my prostate a little tickle.

Back