Superman Returns Comparison

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Obviously the Hot Toys Supes is the one to get but as Nash seems to be buying them all up I can't get hold of one at the moment.

:lol

So I'm looking for a cheaper option and have been looking at the DC Direct one. The Body looks reasonably proportioned, the headsculpt (whilst not really Routh) doesn't look too shabby from the pics I've seen.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't pick one of these up for £20.00?

And I'm also aware that it is 13 inches tall.

The HT is far, far superior to the DCD. However, the DCD one has been growing on me. The sculpt isn't horrible, and the costume is pretty accurate. If the scale thing doesn't bother you, I'd say go for it.

Yeah, I've actually just been looking at a full photo comparison of all three of the figures and I think I'm gonna go ahead and pick one up.

I'll hopefully get a HT supes down the road.

Couldn't find the old thread, but found these comparison pics:

dc_fly.jpg

ht_fly.jpg

dc_globe.jpg

ht_globe.jpg

htdc_1st.jpg

No offense, but I would NEVER get the DCD one. I would rather use the Mattel outfit and get a custom head [there were some Routh's going around the net a while back] if for no other reason, to just keep them in scale.
Then again, Routh looks more like he should be playing Superboy in the Legion of Super Heroes.

When I saw the DCD Superman he reminded so much of the guy from Will and Grace I couldn't take it seriously.
But, as always, it's a matter of taste - I happen to like the Medi Supes, but most people I talk to prefer the HT version.
I really don't think the definitive 1/6(ish) Superman has been made yet...

abstractharmony said:
Obviously the Hot Toys Supes is the one to get but as Nash seems to be buying them all up I can't get hold of one at the moment.

supernashux5.gif
supernashux5.gif

supernashux5.gif
supernashux5.gif

supernashux5.gif
supernashux5.gif

I'd say get the DCD one if you are collecting other DCD figures. If not, get the HT one, well worth it.

Get the HT Clark Kent as well. Can't go wrong with that bad ass figure.

EVILFACE said:
Yup, he is a flawless figure. The suit is untouchable.

curious...how do you take off his tie? never looked too closely at it.

Bardoon has more than I do. but maybe that will change :lol

I personally have the Hot Toys Superman - But I do think the DC Direct's one has the niciest chest emblem of the 3... Because it's got all of the texture of the Hot Toys one, but looks sleeker & isn't so harsh and it has the smoothness of the Medicom one. I'm am a little annoyed the Mattel could get the actual screen acutrate textile in a 5" figures & 10" Rotocast. And the most exspensive ones could only sculpt a some triangle like pattern in it... My 2 cents:eek:

Back