Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 15th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score

Despite the video, this is not a joke thread.

Yeah, it might be the 40th anniversary of Star Wars, and the 20th anniversary of the Special Edition, but this weekend marks the 15th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, which some of us around here actually like.

For me it was an improvement on The Phantom Menace, which was sorely needed after the disappointment of Episode I. For others it was more of the same or even worse. Either way, the prequels are getting old enough now to be considered "classics", for better or worse.

So I thought I'd devote a thread dedicated to the defending (and bashing) of Episode II. Over to you guys.

(Or it could just go necro within half an hour. Whatever.)

I remember seeing it at the midnight showing, and I was exhausted from working all day and could barely stay awake. I also remember rolling my eyes at the dialogue within the first 30 seconds.

Also remember just being in a bad mood in general cause my gf was cheating on me. Wonder if that affected my enjoyment of the movie.

To be honest, i wasn't a part of a big geek community when this came out. So, I didn't know about the massive geek backlash, and didn't have all those biases baked in. To illustrate, I was perfectly ok with the special editions back then! But, just as a film associated with other films I loved, I felt it was a disappointment by and large. Dialogue was forced, some moments were cringe worthy, Django Fett felt like a marketing gimmick. I felt Phantom Menace had some positives, but I struggled to find them here.

This is the one with flipping Yoda, right? Audience honestly went nuts over that, though it was eye rolling to me.

Not a great moment in the history of this franchise imo. But for kids who were first exposed tho Star Wars through this, they will probably continue to love it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It is my least fave of any SW movie. It had a few moments which were ok, but on the whole it gets low marks. Obi wan vs. Jango was a decent sequence in the rain, but the whole clone army/who comissioned it story line was really convoluted. Who the hell is this master syphodeus (sp??) who supposedly comissoned them. Jedi? Sith? As bad as TPM is I will always place that above AOC. Padme's middrift is the only thing which saved it but couldn't save her cringeworthy dialogue! I too found the whole yoda flies thing an eyeroll.

Yup this movie was ahuge low point for star wars. I was just thinking about this today. This movie and TPM are the movies that are most hated and had only good points to them but not very good movies. ROTS to me was the best prequel and my personal favorite star wars movie. Movie was just a joy to watch.

benedict_deal_with_it_zpsszgk3rhs.gif

AOTC was the first SW I got to see in the theater and believe it or not is essentially what got me into SW. Say what you will about the prequels, but they introduced me to the saga and now I love everything SW. Haters be damned.

I have no clue how people can hate this film while defending ROTS. They are incredibly similar movies with all of the same problems.

If anything, ROTS is worse since it not only turned all of those problems up to 11, but ruined what should have been one of the most compelling origin stories in cinematic history and forever tainted the legacy of one of film's best characters.

AOTC was the first SW I got to see in the theater and believe it or not is essentially what got me into SW. Say what you will about the prequels, but they introduced me to the saga and now I love everything SW. Haters be damned.

I can understand some people having their exposure to the SW universe with this in the big theatres. The same way there are some who's first experience with the SW universe was TFA, or even RO. Either of which I think are far better first encounters with the SW universe on the big screen than any of the prequels. They were a tough sell to the original fans who saw SW on the big screen when they were kids back in 1977...but hey welcome to the SW fan club no matter what movie got you into it.

I have no clue how people can hate this film while defending ROTS. They are incredibly similar movies with all of the same problems.

If anything, ROTS is worse since it not only turned all of those problems up to 11, but ruined what should have been one of the most compelling origin stories in cinematic history and forever tainted the legacy of one of film's best characters.

:lecture

Exactly my thoughts on it.

lol, fanboys. Still kicking their dogs because a movie came out 15 years ago that they didn't like.

Now where the hell is our Dooku doll, Sideshow?

No Dooku. No Tarkin. That is some Hammer Hate Sideshow has going on.

ruined what should have been one of the most compelling origin stories in cinematic history
I guess we are not talkin' about Star Wars anymore...

forever tainted the legacy of one of film's best characters.
You mean one of ROTS' best characters or one of "The Greatest Film Characters Of All Time"?
I'm only askin' because Darth Vader is not even close to the latter. :lol

Back