Buffy In The Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
From the March 22nd podcast:

Sideshow Dusty: Many Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans have been saddened by the news that Sideshow's Buffy and Angel lines have been retired… for now.
Talking about Brant's interview in Buffy and Angel Magazine:

Sideshow Dusty: He [Brant] also mentions that an alternate version of Lorne is in the works; One featuring his blue suit. Be sure to stay turned to the weekly Sideshow Newsletter for more information about this upcoming preview and pre-order.

Sideshow Dusty: When asked about the continuation of the Buffy Premium Format figure line, Brant let this info slip:

Brant: Yeah, the Premium Format line is gonna continue. We debuted the Buffy in her red and black outfit at Toy Fair, and it's been really well received. And then we've announced that an Angel figure will join the line-up, and we hope that the line goes on indefinitely. It just depends on how folks respond to the big three.

Sideshow Dusty:If you're a fan of the franchise, remember to keep your eye on our newsletter to get a first glimpse of new Buffyverse figures, as soon as they're announced.

Thanks for reporting that info.

I've ordered PF Spike and I'd love an Angel, but it would financially kill me to get him, let alone keep collecting that line.

Do they honestly think we're all filthy rich out here or what? I'm afraid I can't be one of the 'cash cows' any longer. :confused:

Once the Angel figure is released, I think I'll be fine with it. I've no need for any of the Scoobies, personally.

I do, however, hope for the other more stalwart collectors that such figures are eventually released. :D

I was thinking that the alternative version of Lorne might be a SDCC exclusive. I thought that they might want to have a really small run since not that many collectors are going to want him and are still smarting over the line's cancellation... much like the "Vision" Lawgiver statue was released at the VERY end of the Planet of the Apes line and was limited to only 100 pieces. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

However Dusty alludes in the podcast that he will be a offered as a regular figure. It will be interesting to see the collector reaction to this offering given the context. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

This just in: Elvis is still dead... FOR NOW.

Hopefully they will spread out their interests after this big SW year is over.

So now it's official (for some it already was) that we're getting PF Angel and Blue Suit Lorne. I can't wait! oh, and if this is how a line on hold is like, I'm not that devastated. And what's more important, if the line's going to continue on PF form, we might see Willow some day, even Faith or a cool monster like the Beast, the Master, a gentleman.... The ES for Red Pants Buffy is excellent and it might be a sign that we might get a couple more statues this year after the "big three" are out. Now I just wish that "...for now" means we'll get a Wesley, Fred and Gunn someday, just like The X Files line had their Kryceck and Skinner.

I think its bad how sideshow can put the angel line on hold after just three figures surely they must realise that that just not fair on the fans who have just started there collection, i have all the Buffy figures (12'') and was looking forward to a large collection of angel figures to run along side them, but if theres only going to be three what was the point.
I more than alittle pissed by this move and may take my money somewhere else if this is how true fans are treated, sideshow must know there not only going to loose tons of money and orders but alot of people will take there custom somewhere else

Last edited:
Also i think it's bad enougth that us true fans are still fighting to get Angel and Buffy back on our T.V. screens without having to fight for the figures from sideshow too.

Brant: Yeah, the Premium Format line is gonna continue. We debuted the Buffy in her red and black outfit at Toy Fair, and it's been really well received. And then we've announced that an Angel figure will join the line-up, and we hope that the line goes on indefinitely. It just depends on how folks respond to the big three.

Kind of hard to have confidence in the PF line going on indefinitely when they killed off the Angel line after three measley figures. And one of them was a re-hash of a figure already done, which I bought to support the new Angel line. I trusted Sideshow to give us a decent Angel line, supported the promise of the line, and got far less than I expected. I would not have started collecting them if I had known it would end before it even began. Sideshow has really disappointed me and I feel like I was mislead and conned into buying into the new Angel line. Why the big announcement of a new "Angel" line if they were going to kill it before it even got going?

And I find it laughable that they now expect people to respond in a positive manner to the PF line and support that when they failed us so miserably with the 12" line (at least with the Angel line).

The "Angel" line was all shiny and new and may have brought in Buffy/Angel fans who may have wanted to get in on the new PF line. But, the lack of support for the 12" figures is a huge turn-off. People like to complete their collections and Sideshow has shown they don't care to follow through.

And while Buffy's 12" run had many figures, Sideshow should have given us a new Faith and Willow which they butchered and I still bought just to support the line. And I also bought D'Hoffryn because I expected an Anya to eventually come along to go with him.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Why the big announcement of a new "Angel" line if they were going to kill it before it even got going?
That's what really stumps me. Angel was a much more low-profile, cult show than Buffy so they had to know the figures weren't going to be fast sellers and yet they made a big deal of announcing the line and made it seem like it was an important license to them. I never really expected the line would get past the six main cast members, but with the fanfare it was launched with I would have never suspected it wouldn't even make it that far. If they weren't commited to at least making those six, why bother? It just makes no sense.

Makes me think of that old Garret Morris bit on SNL - "Our top story tonight, the Buffy line is still dead."

Showing my age with that one, lets see who gets it.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Kind of hard to have confidence in the PF line going on indefinitely when they killed off the Angel line after three measley figures. And one of them was a re-hash of a figure already done, which I bought to support the new Angel line. I trusted Sideshow to give us a decent Angel line, supported the promise of the line, and got far less than I expected. I would not have started collecting them if I had known it would end before it even began. Sideshow has really disappointed me and I feel like I was mislead and conned into buying into the new Angel line. Why the big announcement of a new "Angel" line if they were going to kill it before it even got going?

And I find it laughable that they now expect people to respond in a positive manner to the PF line and support that when they failed us so miserably with the 12" line (at least with the Angel line).

The "Angel" line was all shiny and new and may have brought in Buffy/Angel fans who may have wanted to get in on the new PF line. But, the lack of support for the 12" figures is a huge turn-off. People like to complete their collections and Sideshow has shown they don't care to follow through.

And while Buffy's 12" run had many figures, Sideshow should have given us a new Faith and Willow which they butchered and I still bought just to support the line. And I also bought D'Hoffryn because I expected an Anya to eventually come along to go with him.

Well said FF. :clap

I think most people feel the same way you do.

See thing is take a look at Sideshow's other product lines. PF's and comiquettes make up a good portion of what Sideshow as a company are focusing on at this time. If it wasnt for LOTR and Star Wars the only 12" figures we'd see out of them are probably The Dead every now and then. So for them to say we'd like to see the PF line go on indefnatley makes sense thats what they seem to want. However at 250 a peice its hard for everyone to get behind. The 12" are much easier on the wallet and on the shelf space but it seems that the 1/6 market beyond SW and LOTR isnt something Sideshow seem to be interested in.

olvidadero said:
So now it's official (for some it already was) that we're getting PF Angel and Blue Suit Lorne. I can't wait! oh, and if this is how a line on hold is like, I'm not that devastated. And what's more important, if the line's going to continue on PF form, we might see Willow some day, even Faith or a cool monster like the Beast, the Master, a gentleman.... The ES for Red Pants Buffy is excellent and it might be a sign that we might get a couple more statues this year after the "big three" are out. Now I just wish that "...for now" means we'll get a Wesley, Fred and Gunn someday, just like The X Files line had their Kryceck and Skinner.

We're getting a PF Lorne?! I would so be on that!

Nevermind I read the actual thread. Jumped the gun. lol

Firefly Flanatic said:

Yes, I too couldn't agree more FF.

Eli26 said:
We're getting a PF Lorne?! I would so be on that!

Nevermind I read the actual thread. Jumped the gun. lol

I'd love a PF Lorne. Will they be doing "Angel" PFs? If they gave us Illyria, it would (kind of) make up for the absence of the character in 1:6 form.

Back