1/6 PLEASE VOTE: What should be the next Star Wars 1/6 Detolf Diorama we should tackle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama to tackle next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so we're nearing completion on the final prototypes of the white Tantive IV Entry Way and Emperor Throne Room. We have so many ideas and suggestions to choose from, I can't choose, so I thought I'd ask you, which of the scenes below should tackle next. Also, since it would have to fit inside a detolf shelf, I am open to all your suggestions and feedback on how you would translate those sometimes massive scenes.

All votes will be counted when we're ready for to start the next prototyping session in about 3-4 weeks time. Also, I will weigh all your ideas and feedback when we make design decisions. This already feels like such a collaborative effort, it only feels right (and fun!) to ask all your opinions and suggestions.

These scenes are what you can choose from. For now, our production process doesn't really allow for very organic environments, such as Yoda's home on Dagobah, or anything on Tatooine.

Please vote!

Death Star Detention block hallway

Kenobi/Vader Duel

Bounty Hunter Row

Carbon Freezing Chamber

Princess Leia Cell

Luke Skywalker Bespin tunnel

Bespin Hallway

Darth Vader Meditation Chamber

Star Destroyer Bridge

Bespin Duel Scene

1. Vader meditation chamber for upcoming HT ESB Vader - probably the BEST way to display ESB Vader (or RO Vader)
2. Executor Bridge for upcoming Bounty Hunters (which Sideshow had promised to make.)
3. I am your father gantry (might be a bit large overall though.)

Trash compactor could be another option.
0560b15d3c3d3351bc65cd8299347726.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1. Darth vader chamber
2. Carbon freezing (although which part, the dv intro or the chamber itself)
3. Detention chamber (will need another leia though lol)

Maybe a rogue one vader hallway Joost ;-)

One question, some look like they will have a hard time to fit in a detolf.

My nr 1 vote is the Bounty Hunter Row, but I think it will be hard to fit in a detolf with all the BH in a row.

I would also like to propose a Hoth diorama.

My nr 1 vote is the Bounty Hunter Row, but I think it will be hard to fit in a detolf with all the BH in a row.

Hoth will be too organic although i really need a door

The bounty hunter one I think should either be another large one or maybe a two part to go side by side in two detolfs since it's 6-7 figures

I also like the detention block hallway.

I would also be interested in maybe a Jedi council chamber, or the chancellors office, something from the prequels.

Great idea Joost ! This is also what Sideshow and Hot Toys should do. Power to the people ! :clap

I'm in for the Carbon Freezing Chamber ! That red lighting is so iconic !

Will you also be doing the pile of mattresses in the Bespin Duel Scene so our Luke figure doesn't get damaged ? :hi5:

image3.jpg

The meditation chamber seems like the coolest idea to me.

I would hope at some point you might offer a multi pack of plain unlit space walls. I think almost everyone who bought the original Death Star walls would enjoy having some cheaper plain walls to mix with the others. I know it's not very interesting design wise but I think many would enjoy expanding their Death Star displays.

The meditation chamber seems like the coolest idea to me.

I would hope at some point you might offer a multi pack of plain unlit space walls. I think almost everyone who bought the original Death Star walls would enjoy having some cheaper plain walls to mix with the others. I know it's not very interesting design wise but I think many would enjoy expanding their Death Star displays.

The space walls are a good idea. Not much of a challenge, you are right, but that's nice for a change.

1. Darth vader chamber
2. Carbon freezing (although which part, the dv intro or the chamber itself)
3. Detention chamber (will need another leia though lol)

Maybe a rogue one vader hallway Joost ;-)

One question, some look like they will have a hard time to fit in a detolf.

I know, that's the challenge for most of them. Forced perspective to the rescue. Also, I might make a larger (non-detolf) version of some of these.

The bounty hunter one I think should either be another large one or maybe a two part to go side by side in two detolfs since it's 6-7 figures

I also like the detention block hallway.

I would also be interested in maybe a Jedi council chamber, or the chancellors office, something from the prequels.

The prequels. Duly noted!

Maybe I could to two versions that could fit next to each other (a left and a right one) either outside a detolf or using two detolfs next to each other?

Two versions that fit together would work for me, but not sure how many others would go for it.

I really want something for my Bespin Luke, but also understand that will cut back a little on demand since it's such an old figure. But that Bespin tunnel could also double as the one Jyn is in in her imperial disguise and with a run of 100 I'm sure enough Luke owners would like to see something to show off that figure.

Bounty Hunter row is also something I'd like but yeah, size is an issue. I'm currently using a Besta to house my bounty hunters (stormtroopers filling in for the missing squad members) and it's crowded. If you do go a bigger one for that I'll need to assess based on final size (i.e. where the hell to put it) and if you offer a flex plan :lol

I really want something for my Bespin Luke, but also understand that will cut back a little on demand since it's such an old figure. But that Bespin tunnel could also double as the one Jyn is in in her imperial disguise and with a run of 100 I'm sure enough Luke owners would like to see something to show off that figure.

My vote is also for anything Bespin Luke related (Carbon chamber/Hallway,/Duel scene, etc).

Great idea. My vote would be for a Bespin gantry because that moment is the most important moment in the whole saga.

I know you said you woulddon't do Dagobah environments but I'd love to buy a gnarltree metal skeleton - which is how the prop trees were constructed - and then add the plaster and paint it myself. I'm guessing it would be a bunch of metal rods welded together and then hammered into shape at the bottom. If you have any interest in making something like this then let me know.

If you did the bounty hunters with a left and a right I would most likely put them side by side in two detolfs, possibly together on top.

And I love the idea for plain space walls.

Carbon Freezing Chamber!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt Jazz already doing the carbon freeze chamber? I think he was hinting about the big crane/claw previously.

I do hope he pulls away from just focusing on the Detolf proportions - a lot of people use them, but a lot of people use Bestas (and others) as well. The Detolfs require the diorama proportions and scale to be played with a bit too much for my liking, and these sets are so gorgeously done, realistic and accurate it seems a bit of a waste to distort them for the sake of Detolfs.

I'd love Jazz to do a Hoth/Yavin tactical screen too - that didn't make the list. Someone else was going to do them, but it never moved forward. They would be awesome lit up behind Hoth figs or ANH Leia and 3PO.

Tough choice. So many great ideas. From the list you put together, i'd have to go for the Carbon Freezing Chamber... or Darth Vader's Meditation Chamber... or the Bounty Hunter Row. Damn. gotta take some more time to think it thru :lol

Back