• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: What do you have FS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodiak8658

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'd consider purchasing anything you have for sale, as long as it's way below it's retail or market value, in mint condition, and never displayed.

I mean gee folks, if someone is looking for something to buy, isn't it insulting to say you want it for less than market value? I'd like a Doom for $350, but it ain't gonna happen. Give the sellers a break peeps. At least offer what the item is worth.

How is it insulting towards a seller to say you want something for less than fair market value?

It's naive, stupid, and--more often than not--totally futile to ask, but why should the seller care? That's the buyer's problem.

I have a bigger issue with people who try to sell things for their original purchase price when the fair market value you mentioned is well below that. That's insulting to me. Like I'm too stupid to realize I can get something on eBay for a fraction of the price...

I may be new around here, but I'm not new to collecting. ;)

Last edited:
customizerwannabe said:
Was there a point to this thread?:rolleyes:

Point was I've seen alot of WTB threads asking for items less than what can be sold for on eBay or less than retail. I would sell to a friend for a dramatic discount but not someone that happens to be in the same forum. On a couple of items I had for sale here, the prospect asked for a lesser price. And if the item you have for sale is just $1 more than what they saw on eBay, you get flamed. People should keep in mind the seller may have to get a certain price for something, so if they don't want to buy it, don't. This isn't the flea market where haggling is King.

The Boot said:
How is it insulting towards a seller to say you want something for less than fair market value?

It's naive, stupid, and--more often than not--totally futile to ask, but why should the seller care? That's the buyer's problem.

I have a bigger issue with people who try to sell things for their original purchase price when the fair market value you mentioned is well below that. That's insulting to me. Like I'm too stupid to realize I can get something on eBay for a fraction of the price...

I may be new around here, but I'm not new to collecting. ;)

You may like to field requests for discounts when you sell an item. I don't. And the prospective buyer must respect the price for what it is. Like eBay, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

kodiak8658 said:
You may like to field requests for discounts when you sell an item. I don't. And the prospective buyer must respect the price for what it is. Like eBay, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

Like I said, I think sellers who ask more than what's currently being paid for an item (whether that's retail, below retail, or naturally jacked-up aftermarket prices) are the ones with the problem.

I firmly believe that an item's true "worth" (for better or for worse) is set by eBay buyers. As the most popular online marketplace for collectibles, it's the standard. Trying to sell it for more than what it's going for over there is probably not the best way to move merchandise.

As for fielding discount requests, just do what I do; Ignore them. It only takes a second. :D

This thread is pointless. If it isn't an item you're selling, it's none of your business what happens between 2 other parties. Don't like the offers here? Sell it on ebay. I usually do. I get more there. In other words, mind your own business and don't worry about everyone elses.

customizerwannabe said:
This thread is pointless. If it isn't an item you're selling, it's none of your business what happens between 2 other parties. Don't like the offers here? Sell it on ebay. I usually do. I get more there. In other words, mind your own business and don't worry about everyone elses.

You must have missed this reply so I'll repeat it...

kodiak8658 said:
On a couple of items I had for sale here, the prospect asked for a lesser price. And if the item you have for sale is just $1 more than what they saw on eBay, you get flamed.

I don't care about other buyers or sellers so lighten up.

kodiak8658 said:
Make it two and you've got a deal!!!
blumpkin,roman war helmet, and a cleavland steamer....final offer.
im willing to interchange cleavland steamer with a vegetarians delight. your choice

All prices are negotiable. If a buyer wants to offer lower or low ball me, I don't mind them asking or trying, it's all part of corporate America. All I have to do is graciously decline if I'm firm on price. I don't see what's so wrong with that.

ill charge 15 for a blumpkin....in a burger king mens room it will cost you 25.00 .. you can all thank me later

BigLeagueChu said:
All prices are negotiable. If a buyer wants to offer lower or low ball me, I don't mind them asking or trying, it's all part of corporate America. All I have to do is graciously decline if I'm firm on price. I don't see what's so wrong with that.

That's what I'm talking about.

If you want X amount and it's going for that on eBay and no one here will bite.....go to eBay, that's why it's there.

customizerwannabe said:
You're the one who needs to be on decaff. Quit whining and sell on ebay.:chew

I just told him in Jen's Doom thread that he needs to cut back on the Caffeine!! :lol :rotfl

Seriously bro, Kodiak, we're just here to have a good time man!

Back