Fate Series Type-Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prodigy1367

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have yet to see a thread for this amazing series so I decided to make one! Feel free to post about anything Fate related like the new upcoming series/movies and awesome figures coming out. Personally I collect the Figma figures and 1/8 statues and I'm really hyped for the new anime series and movies we'll be getting this year

I just pre-ordered Archer from AmiAmi and ordered Shirou 2.0. Still need to catch up on other releases that I'd like to purchase such as Gilgamesh, Saber 2.0, Kiritsugu, Rin 2.0, Irisviel, and Saber: Zero.

How are the DXF releases? They look really good and I'm tempted to get a lot of them. I notice they're bigger than Figma so I may pick and choose.

I'm really looking forward to the Heaven's Feel move coming out later this year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Actually the DXF figures are in scale with the Figma line. I currently only have El-Melloi, Lancer, and Caster and they look great with the Figma figures. Caster is very well done and captures all of his creepiness perfectly. Here's an old pic I have of Archer and Lancer and keep in mind Archer is slightly under scaled.

209c863cf7a8841a57d67c8dfb82f5fb.jpg

It's a great looking line and I plan on completing it except for the figures that I can get in Figma form. I wish they'd do some more of the servants and masters from Stay/night since Figma doesn't seem to be making anymore besides the ones we already have.

Can't wait for the Fate/Apocrypha and Extra anime. Grand Order and Heaven's Feel are gonna be epic too. It's gonna be a hell of a year for the series [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll have to consider buying a few of the DXF releases for sure then. Lancer looks great and I agree that Caster looks really well done. I don't think any sort of action figure would be able to capture his creepiness as well as the DXF figure statue has done.

Other than being under scaled, how is the Archer Figma? I pre-ordered him and I'm really looking forward to his re-issue release.

Yeah, I haven't seen any Banpresto Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works releases. I think they could do great sculpts. I'm hoping Figma continues a few of the other characters. Highly unlikely but who knows with Heaven's Feel coming out. Speaking of Heaven's Feel,
Spoiler Spoiler:

What's Fate/Aprocrypha and Extra? I've been hearing a little about more anime from the series so it'll be interesting to see different stories. Grand/Order is a movie, right? I saw a Figma of a character from that and she looked pretty cool. Also noticed that Gilgamesh Figma is labeled under that tagline, as well. I'll have to give that a watch.

I had received Figma Shirou Emiya 2.0 in the mail awhile ago and finally had free time to open him up. Great figure! In regards to quality, it seems to be a step up from the Figma Shirou Emiya 1.0, which is expected, but I really do prefer the attire from that version. That was more his battle attire than his school uniform. Next is Gilgamesh!

I'm amazed Figma Archer finally came out lol. It was so many years in the making

It's being given a reissue in June, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll have to consider buying a few of the DXF releases for sure then. Lancer looks great and I agree that Caster looks really well done. I don't think any sort of action figure would be able to capture his creepiness as well as the DXF figure statue has done.

Other than being under scaled, how is the Archer Figma? I pre-ordered him and I'm really looking forward to his re-issue release.

Yeah, I haven't seen any Banpresto Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works releases. I think they could do great sculpts. I'm hoping Figma continues a few of the other characters. Highly unlikely but who knows with Heaven's Feel coming out. Speaking of Heaven's Feel,
Spoiler Spoiler:

What's Fate/Aprocrypha and Extra? I've been hearing a little about more anime from the series so it'll be interesting to see different stories. Grand/Order is a movie, right? I saw a Figma of a character from that and she looked pretty cool. Also noticed that Gilgamesh Figma is labeled under that tagline, as well. I'll have to give that a watch.

Archer is a great figure besides that. Comes with great accessories and looks very well detailed.

I believe Apocrypha and Extra are just alternate timelines or parallel world type stories. Looks interesting and I'll take all the Fate I can get [emoji847]

I'm really hoping they re-release (or 2.0) some more figures like the first Rin in her red outfit or Rider.

I'm really surprised they haven't made an Illya figure yet. She seems like a good choice for the Figma line and could be released in her Kaleid Liner version or her regular Fate one

I love Fate/Stay Night! I've been collecting Max Factory's Figma releases since they started, although I'm skipping some of the Grand Order characters for now. I'd really like to see Figma Ilya and Sakura in the future. And the rest of the original F/SN servants, Lancer, Berserker, Caster, Assassin, and True Assassin.

Heaven's Feel is the third and final route in the original visual novel. It's the darkest by far, but not Archer's origin story. Sakura takes a lead role, and Saber Alter is in this one. I'm looking forward to seeing Alter in animation.

Grand Order and Extra are video games, I've played Extra, and it's an alternate universe from the original, which itself is made up of 3 alternate stories... I've been a fan of the series since I saw the first anime adaptation back when Geneon released it on DVD in the States, and I find most of the spinoff games to just be confusing. I think Apocrypha is a novel series. I do like Saber of Red from Apocrypha (and Grand Order). She actually has a good reason for looking like the blue clad Saber of the original F/SN.

In terms of collectibles, the coolest I've seen is the Dollfie Dream Saber in her full armor.

8654375420_5693b59a26.jpg

A good friend of mine owned one for a while.

8654383966_025e28b73b.jpg

32259977533_1fb5c08c76.jpg

Saber Alter is pretty nice, too.

If you like R/SN, you should check out some of Type-Moon's other works, like Garden of the Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) and Tsukihime. Just not the snooze-fest that is the Tsukihime anime. It might as well not exist.

Kara no Kyoukai is AMAZING. I recommend it to everyone I know as a must see anime. I would love to see Figma do at least Shiki one day although the current statues are good for now. Tsukihime was ok, nothing special but I did like the characters. I heard there's a remake in the works so that should be exciting. I only watched those two anime after Fate so I could fully understand Carnival Phantasm (which is hilarious [emoji23]). Canaan is another good Type-Moon work and luckily they have a Figma although I wish they had some more characters.

Saber Alter appears in Kaleid Liner but it'll be cool to see her in her actual form in Heaven's Feel. She looks badass

I have absolutely no clue about the series, but looking at all the Figmas makes me interested. I'll give the series a shot, but I'm def wanting to pick up some of the Figmas regardless.

She looks mostly good, but it feels like there's something a little off. Her torso is just a bit too long, maybe? I put in a preorder for her anyway, since I like Jeanne, but I'm not completely sure I'll keep it.

She looks mostly good, but it feels like there's something a little off. Her torso is just a bit too long, maybe? I put in a preorder for her anyway, since I like Jeanne, but I'm not completely sure I'll keep it.

Is there an anime from Grand Order or is that specifically a video game?

I think there's an anime special that covers the first part of the game? I haven't watched it, just played the NA version of the phone game.

Wanna watch the series but there is just way to many don't know where to start from .

The "best" place is probably to find a Let's Play of the original visual novel and read that. It's... pretty good, but it does go off on really long segues about cooking. It's just long in general, if I remember correctly (it's been several years). It's never actually been officially translated, so you'll have to go off of fan translations, but the fan one is pretty good. If you're not interested in that... I'm pretty sure I heard that the original Fate/Stay Night anime is pretty bad, but the Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works one is good, so I'd go with that. It was my favorite route in the original game, anyway.

Or just jump in with the phone game! The original game is somewhat niche, so they don't really require too much knowledge of the original to play the phone game.

The original Fate/Stay night isn't bad, it's just a bit slower paced and concentrates more on the romance aspect. It's also a bit more dated but it's overall still a good anime. It follows the route where Shirou picks Saber and I'd definitely recommend it

Back