Rumour Control: SW 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Moebius9

Ok so this is from another board but perhaps warrants a little attention even if just some sort of net rumour.....

Sideshow just got the license to do 1/6 scale figures from hasbro...at least that's what i read on another board from ( a reliable) someone who attended toy fair. He said that they're sort of 'leasing' the license out to sideshow, and that Hasbro is done doing 12"ers for awhile. Good news for me, because SS IS my dream company for making SW figs, and i'm sure they'll kick ass with it too Smile

I hope they do a series of statues like the lotr line........much more affordable but I would still get important characters in PF.......maybe....lol

Attachments

• 20141213_133007.jpg
    20141213_133007.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 17
Wow, I don't collect 12" figs, but that would REALLY bring Sideshow into mainstream pop culture. I'm sure their other lines would benefit greatly from all the publicity.

That announcement would make the LOTR license look like nothing in terms of revenue. SW figure collectors greatly outnumber any other group. Witness the 50,000 Target Lava Vaders that go for way above retail on Ebay. Sideshow is my favorite collectible company, so anything that helps their business is great.

I hope they do a series of statues like the lotr line........much more affordable but I would still get important characters in PF.......maybe....lol

They would have to be something different than 1/6 scale, as I would assume that Gentle Giant has the rights to 1/6 statues. Attakus has 1/5 and Sideshow has 1/4, so I don't know where Sideshow could go with a statue line besides where they are already going.

I want Star wars creature statues, Obi-wan on Boga, Ranca,
and various other's, I forgot to remember.
:D

I want Star wars creature statues, Obi-wan on Boga, Ranca,and various other's, I forgot to remember.

Hopefully that is the direction that the GG diorama line is going. The Dewback is nice, but I want that Luke on TaunTaun SO badly.

It would be great for them to make a whole series of Rider & Steed pieces in the same way that SS/W has done.

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking about with GG, I would probably get some of them. So far their Creature suff looks very good.:hat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 22
Ok so this is from another board but perhaps warrants a little attention even if just some sort of net rumour.....

which board?

this would be great news.........as long as they only make one tatooine luke.:lol

and if it is true, hopefully they'll make enough to satisfy demand. none of this limited to 500 or 1000 figure editions.:bonk

if this is true, when would sideshow announce it?

how long does it take them to develop and produce a figure? anyone know?

It's probably not for statues if it is true...it's most likely for 12" dolls like the Highlander and Buffy dolls they make (Among others...)

Those will do well though, if it is true...Not sur eI would buy every single one, but I would be in for a few! I'm running out of room for statues....12" I don't mind knocking around a bit! :whip

which board?

The Fwoosh

There's the thread it was in....

and if it is true, hopefully they'll make enough to satisfy demand. none of this limited to 500 or 1000 figure editions.

Hell, they better contract some more factories if they are making 1/6th SW figures. That limited stuff ain't gonna cut it with this.

if this is true, when would sideshow announce it?

If there is any truth to it I suspect this weekend at SDCC would be the big unveiling. The trail seems to lead back to Toyfair which would have given them enough time to pump out a few things to tease us with by now. One can only hope!

With my luck it is true since I've already spent mucho cash on that Medicom Vader.

so it's something you read on another board that someone else posted?

i wonder what forum it was initially posted on?

there have been a lot of "i wish sideshow had the 12 inch rights" threads on other star wars forums. i wonder if this rumor got twisted from one of these threads?

I would be very happy with this if its for 1/6th scale statues. If its not I'll be passing since I don't collect the 12" dolls :p I mean figures.

I doubt the rumor is true, but if it is then I will be passing on them.

I think the only thing that might be "unveiled" at SDCC of Star Wars (other than all of the 1/4 figures that has been announced) is one or two of the 1:1 busts.

Or MAYBE a prototype of Leia.

But I think the idea of Sideshow producing a 1/6 scale figure line is a pipe dream. It's a dream I have from time to time. However, Hasbro has the master toy license for Star Wars... probably paid DEARLY for it. Frankly, I see them sitting on the rights and doing NOTHING with the 12'ers than allowing another company it get a piece of the Star Wars pie.

I think we are stuck with the high price Medicoms for now. Gee... if only Medicom would do some prequel figures! Their next figure is a STORMTROOPER! Yawn... I have all three Marmit Troopers... I don't need another at nearly DOUBLE THE PRICE!!!

Back