One:12 Collective Joker review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's stick with the little guys tonight, with a line I'm in love with - the One:12 Collective. Their Joker just hit my porch, and the BvS Superman is going to be here in a couple days. The Joker is another outstanding release, one that I liked more and more the longer I worked with it. I was worried the costume would be their undoing - I had no reason to worry. My review is right here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-030617a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_one12joker_10.jpg

Nice review!

I just cannot get behind that suit though.
Jack Napier travels to the new country to find a job to support his young pregnant bride who is at home sick in the tenement building.

The only job he finds is in a chemical factory run by wayne industries. The conditions are unsafe and theres no railing. He trips on a banana peel and...

I have to say their costume choice is very uninspired. Other than being purple, it isn't Jokeresque. Its just a plain business suit. I think they really ought to have gone for the traditional purple tuxedo look. The socks are a great touch at least.

Also, I feel the translucent plastic gives him a 'realistic' look to this white flesh. I see the wash not as showing he's wearing make up, but bringing out the details of his face in a realistic manner. He'd still have blood flowing thru him and I think the coloring gives him some color to his face that would actually be there if his skin was actually white. Real albinos seem to have some pink to their face even

0235c-albinisme-anderskijken2.jpg

Its a nice change up from the years and years of blue washes being used on Joker faces.

looks great sans coat but my god did they not see how thick that lower forearm is during prod? huge stump with hand tacked on, so needed to be slimmed down towards wrist. cant unsee.

great review per usual MWC!

edit-maybe its not the wrist size but hands are abit too small?

Man, I LOVE that smiling sculpt. I'd pay good money to have that sculpt replicated in 1/6 scale. Reminds me a lot of Alex Ross' Joker, one of my favorite versions.

I only collect 1/6 figures but I'm seriously considering buying this.

I love the Joker... but really not liking this figure, very disappointing from Mezco – they really should have done a more classic look.

I just don't like these head sculpts.
They don't scream "The Joker" to me at all, more like "Crazy Ol' Redneck Jeff".

I love the figure too, even though I don't have it yet :p I do see where one would say he doesn't look like the Joker, and I think it's the nose. Clearly done by the same sculptor as the Punisher. They look like they could be related.

I love the figure too, even though I don't have it yet :p I do see where one would say he doesn't look like the Joker, and I think it's the nose. Clearly done by the same sculptor as the Punisher. They look like they could be related.

I mentioned to Mezco that their sculpts all have similar features and close similarities on twitter last year after SDCC...they didn't respond :dunno:huh

Just got mine last night, those weird oversized wrists are much less noticeable in person and the suit does seem to fit a lot nicer than in photos as well. I still think he could have really used a different color vest at least but what can ya do. If I can get it off without destroying it maybe it can be bleached and dyed? I've never done anything like that so I will let someone else attempt changing the vests color first! All in all though its a solid release, could use some tweaks and a few more accessories but even so.

Back