1/18 Deagostini Build your own X-Wing partwork

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
This has just launched in England.Just thought you'd like to know.Can somebody put a link up please?

Again, no way, NO WAY I would invest the time or money for another Deag "subscription" after what I'm going through with the Falcon.
I have been waiting OVER FIVE MONTHS for pack seven. FIVE. MONTHS.
Meanwhile the people that ordered the entire kit, well after I subscribed, have received their kits.
Ridiculous.

Maybe in the U.K. It's different but here in the States, it's a joke.

Wow! 1:18? That's pretty large. I was under the impression that the eFx studio scale was 1:24 scale, so if that is the case, does anyone know why this 1:18 scale was chosen?

I'm sure that scale was chosen because it helps justify the huge price tag...

Again, no way, NO WAY I would invest the time or money for another Deag "subscription" after what I'm going through with the Falcon.
I have been waiting OVER FIVE MONTHS for pack seven. FIVE. MONTHS.
Meanwhile the people that ordered the entire kit, well after I subscribed, have received their kits.
Ridiculous.

Maybe in the U.K. It's different but here in the States, it's a joke.

Same deal in OZ, I've got about ten issues on back order from the Australian supplier, there excuse is that they weren't sent enough to fill subscriptions.

Same deal in OZ, I've got about ten issues on back order from the Australian supplier, there excuse is that they weren't sent enough to fill subscriptions.

Imo they should have taken care of us that actually subscribed long ago instead of selling full kits, at a $200 discount, at Christmas. Total ******** move by Deag.

So, how large is 1/18 scale? For instance, would this be larger than , say the original Kenner toy?

I'm interested... I just received the final set of the Falcon; but I'm way behind on the build. I'm planning on working through the kit over the summer when I'll have a bit more time.

I do wish this was made to be in-scale with the Falcon though; I'm sure it's larger to justify the price... but I don't really want a lot of ships in different scales. And if this is also a $1500 set once it's all said and done then I probably won't do it again :lol

$1500.00 for the X-wing is crazy. There's just not enough "ship" to justify the price.

It better include lighting, moving x foils and opening/closing canopy, rotating R2 dome, and actual blaster and photon torpedoes firing...

And that seems like a weird size for the base. The eFx base was 25.75" x 22.75", and that X-wing was 1:24 scale. If this X-wing is 1:18 scale, I'd think the base would need to be larger to match. According to their photo mockup of the x-wing on the base, the base is larger than the model.

Back