Gbeef's Danger Room (WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gbeef

WARNING THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS!
Ill post some pictures of my collection tonight, but i figure im renovating my basment for an office/collection/media room. Might as well bring you guys for the journey since everyone is freaking awsome on this forum.

I guess it would be fun to updated this thread on progress of my expanding basement. My basement is undeveloped, its about 600sq ft of unreno'd space. 400sq ft of it will be used the rest is storage. Everything will be sweat labor because trades are to high in demand where i live and they are asking way to much.

Im hoping to bulid out this room to have 2 niches that can store PF's and large sideshow items. (Need a place for my hulky PF or it could be a Doom? If i can find one!) Im also hoping to add a large display at the back the display will hold all the "VS" stuff and bowen FS work. I hope to have the display built in the back wall. With glass sliding doors and shelving maybe?

Heres a quick sketch/rough renders of my space i have to work with.

render.jpg

First stage
Framing and wiring.
Heres a shot of the maddness going on. Im in the middle of pulling the wiring and framing up 2 walls. I should have the niches cutout and framed tonight.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Post #8 niche knock out and framed (Updated March 20)
IMG_0313.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post #12 Updated (March 21)
Here are pictures of my collection currently some of the larger PF's are in boxes so i would love to get my room done.

collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

collection3.jpg

collection4.jpg

collection5.jpg

Last edited:
We collectors always get relegated to the basement, don't we? Out of sight, out of mind I guess. :lol

Looks like it's gonna be a cool setup though.

if you need to tear down any wall just me know. I know couple of krusaders that will be willing to do it for a price :D

niches are knock out and framed. now i have to pull the electrical on everything its gonna be a messy job there is so much ligthing to pull..:(

IMG_0313.jpg

Ill try and get pics of the furnace room, of the framing of the niches. I built them so i can put tall objects if needed, also the lighting can be hidden underneath so you cant see it. There about 20in deep and 30in high, i was planning on putting a glass front to keep the dust out, the onyl way to get access is through the back

Last edited:
TheObsoleteMan said:
We collectors always get relegated to the basement, don't we? Out of sight, out of mind I guess. :lol

Looks like it's gonna be a cool setup though.

My collection was growing quickly i was running outta room in my office.:( and i really dont want my collection scatter around the house id rather have it central. Plus the wife wants a room for herself its not fair. hehehe so i figure ill take the whole basment then.

WOOT!

Wow!
Looking really good, can't wait 'til it's all done.
I bet you feel the same :rolleyes: :monkey1

Cool stuff GBeef! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're complete! I have a feeling it'll be pretty boss :rock

Rock on, gbeef! :rock2

I should do something like that to my basement, but instead I placed my collection in one of my spare bedrooms. To my horror, it's now starting to run out of room.

Great work so far. I can only imagine how kick arse it will be when it is done!

Here are pictures of my collection currently some of the larger PF's my STAR WARS!!!! and some bowens are in boxes so i would love to get my room reno'ed
collection1.jpg

collection2.jpg

[IMGhttps://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/gbeef/collection3.jpg[/IMG]

collection4.jpg

collection5.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a beautiful and classy display man. Oh and I HAVE to know where you got that Glorious Alex Ross art and who from! Pre-framed or what??

love it.:D

Awesome man!!!! Keep us updated. I know Nitro is also working on his house. Can't wait for the update. Beautiful set up.

Awesome Job Gbeef!!! I'm going through the same thing with our property so I know what you are going through right now. I had some of my pieces boxed up for months and I was really anxious to get my pieces out on display. I'm not even done fixing up this place. I'm saving a little bit more money to restore the basement as well along with the hallways and exterior (along with adding some upcoming pieces in my own collection in the process). I love what you are doing to your basement so far. Definately keep us updated as the project moves ahead. Everything looks amazing so far!!!

What type of ceiling are you going to put in down there: drywall, suspended, something else?

Great job so far. I feel your pain/joy...I finished my basement a few years ago. If only then had I known I would start collecting statues/busts I would have done some things different. Lesson learned for the new house in 2 years, lol.

threeonesix said:
What type of ceiling are you going to put in down there: drywall, suspended, something else?

Great job so far. I feel your pain/joy...I finished my basement a few years ago. If only then had I known I would start collecting statues/busts I would have done some things different. Lesson learned for the new house in 2 years, lol.

Im going with a suspended ceiling because the drywall would be a b1tch to put up but its my basement so i would like easy access in the future to wires and the plumbing. The suspended ceiling shouldnt look too bad because the cielings are 9ft in the basement.

Here ive uploaded from pictures of the niches all framed inside.
framing0.jpg

framing1.jpg

framing2.jpg

Last edited:
Back