Nightwing movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...twing-movie-lego-batman-movie-director-978737

Looks like WB is planning a live action Nightwing film.

- Chris McKay, who recently directed The Lego Batman Movie, is planning to direct a Nightwing movie for WB
- Bill Dubuque will be writing the script (The Accountant, The Judge)

I figured he would show up in the solo Batman film or the Birds of Prey/Gotham Sirens movie so this could be fascinating.

Yes!

FxZZuMN.jpg

My guess is a couple of things here, this is on par with trying to expand the DCEU as quickly as possible, not to mention with the nod to Jason Todd's death and the obvious inclusion of Nightwing, the Batman mythos is getting as expansive as it ever was. Also, I wonder if this is a way to get Ben Affleck rooted. If those rumors are true at all that he wants out, his deal signed was pretty lengthy but if it's structured like Marvel, where each appearance cameo or not counts as a "film," then him in BvS, SS, JL is already 3. Stick a cameo I'm sure in Gotham City Sirens and I'm sure in this not to mention The Batman itself and you've nailed 6. Plug in the Justice League sequel and you're at 7.

Chris Evans was signed for 8 which will expire at the end of the 4th Avengers, Hemsworth had 7, SLJ had 9. He might be hitting the end of that multi-picture deal just flushing these out. Might give him a way to meet his deal if he wanted to bow out OR have him so enriched into a Batverse within the DCEU that it seems easier to stick around?

Can't wait to find out who's directing the film! :D

It's McKay, part of the Lego Batman movie crew.

Just to mention, the uproar of the possible casting of a white guy to play Nightwing has begun... It got retconned that he's Roma a couple of years back, and now the fanbase is torn between those wanting an Asian NW (alongside a latino Todd, a Middle-Eastern Damian and an Asian Tim as well), and those wanting a Roma one. So, uh, yeah, good luck with the casting WB! You're gonna need it...

maybe this is the role that Armie Hammer is apparently already cast as... and they are going to eventually segway from Affleck to him if the rumors are true that Affleck wants out.

Don't think that would be the best idea... but who knows.

Seems like DC/WB has "green lit" a couple of films with no solid plans or release dates - Gotham Sirens, Black Adam, Cyborg and now Nightwing.

I hope this actually happens sometime soon

and boy, what a missed opportunity :(
lIAkLaP.jpg

I hope this actually happens sometime soon

and boy, what a missed opportunity :(
lIAkLaP.jpg

cause of the ass? :lol

I remember the rumors Adam Driver, some dude from Gossip Girl and Ezra Miller were up for the role of Nightwing who was supposed to be in BvS but hopefully that was all just actually for the Flash.

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good choice, but he may be a bit too old for the role. Ben Barnes would be decent... and if they wanted to go younger, maybe Taron Egerton.

cause of the ass? :lol

I remember the rumors Adam Driver, some dude from Gossip Girl and Ezra Miller were up for the role of Nightwing who was supposed to be in BvS but hopefully that was all just actually for the Flash.

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good choice, but he may be a bit too old for the role. Ben Barnes would be decent... and if they wanted to go younger, maybe Taron Egerton.

Out of all those actors, who has the biggest butt?

Asking for a friend

Last edited:
Back