PDA

View Full Version : What is next for Asmus?

gideon
02-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Just got Thranduil - amazing piece - and I was wondering what is on the calendar or Asmus in the next year or so? I particularly love the baddies or exotic things like the high elves.

I really have no interest in any more Fellowship figures.

Travis Baumann
02-03-2017, 02:53 PM
We have seen Boromir teased as digital sculpt, we have seen Legolas at various proto sculpt stages and have heard about development progress, we have heard that Gimli and possibly Thorin are in development and we have heard that there are plans for Urukhai (hinted at Lurtz). They also at one point said they were developing Sauron.

We know that they fully intend to finish the Fellowship. Many fans on here are dead set on that becoming a reality (for the first time at 1/6th by a single manufacturer none the less). Unfortunately for me, I have decided not to get any of the four Hobbits as they currently are so completing the Fellowship for me is a little less exciting but that being said, Each of the remaining three will be purchases if they come out as good as Thranduil, that is for sure.

I want more Elves, more Orks, and at least one damn Dwarf! Oh, and a freaking Gollum too!

gideon
02-04-2017, 08:05 AM
We have seen Boromir teased as digital sculpt, we have seen Legolas at various proto sculpt stages and have heard about development progress, we have heard that Gimli and possibly Thorin are in development and we have heard that there are plans for Urukhai (hinted at Lurtz). They also at one point said they were developing Sauron.

We know that they fully intend to finish the Fellowship. Many fans on here are dead set on that becoming a reality (for the first time at 1/6th by a single manufacturer none the less). Unfortunately for me, I have decided not to get any of the four Hobbits as they currently are so completing the Fellowship for me is a little less exciting but that being said, Each of the remaining three will be purchases if they come out as good as Thranduil, that is for sure.

I want more Elves, more Orks, and at least one damn Dwarf! Oh, and a freaking Gollum too!

Thank you for that information. We seem to agree on what we want and don't want. I have a big 900 square foot room jammed with all sorts of Middle earth stuff and the Fellowship are more than represented in serious numbers - thank you. I don't need any more representations of them.

I would love to see Thorin - especially on a battle goat charging into battle. Give us some Uruks that would be different from Lurtz or the ones Sideshow has already done.

My problem is that I got in on Sideshow on day one and others came along later and missed on much folks like you and I and older collectors have had for a long time now.

I want new stuff not previously done or something that was previously done executed and presented in a completely different and unique way.

Thainitty
02-04-2017, 10:14 AM
I hope they finish the fellowship....I'll be pretty upset if they don't. Any other the hobbit figures would be icing on the cake and then hateful 8 figures are coming soonish

solominic_knight
02-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Finally send out my Nazgul replacement body that was supposed to be shipped in October

xequae
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm really hoping they can finish the Fellowship this year. I have quite a few more wants, but that is definitely at the top of my List.

When they do Lurtz, I think it would be great if they also made a two pack version of him with another Uruk-hai.

After that I hope they can at least get out Thorin and Bilbo from The Hobbit. And of course Gollum.

RickSanchez99
02-07-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm determined to buy legolas (any version of him) next, but i seriously hope they eventually make a slim version of gandalf the grey.

Dresky
02-07-2017, 01:27 PM
I want Elrond.

nexus
02-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Would like to see announcements for Gimli, Arwen, Galadriel and Faramir. Elrond would be good as well.

Star Puffs
02-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Looking forward to Legolas.

I'd buy Arwen, Galadriel, or Éomer.

I'd buy Bilbo if they do any other The Hobbit figures.

RandomHero
02-07-2017, 07:32 PM
I just want good head sculpts that look like the characters from the movies so I can feel like spending my money is worth it....

RandomHero
02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
If the head sculpts are good, I'm in for Boromir, Faramir, Legolas, Eomer, Theoden, and a warrior Elrond.

If the sculpts are bad, none.

Stark Resilient
02-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Legolas, Gimli, and Faramir are my next "instant orders"

Stryker2011
02-11-2017, 06:33 AM
I want the rest of The Fellowship for sure, but I seriously hope they make Arwen and Galadriel. And I'd definitely be in for Elrond, but I'd prefer if they did him in his robes, and make his armor as an accessory pack. And, of course, we need a Gollum. Anyone/thing beyond that would be icing (like Sauron or a Warg-Rider).

denger4000
02-13-2017, 11:04 AM
My personal wants Are

Gollum
Grima Wormtonge (you don't see many people requesting him)
Moria Orc/Goblin
The Great Goblin (would have to slightly smaller then 1/6 scale)

TheWordWizard
02-13-2017, 01:17 PM
I'll add my voice to calling for Arwen and Galadriel. I'm really hoping they won't be too long after the Fellowship. Elrond in his Last Alliance armor would be awesome too, and though I know he's unlikely I'd love a Gil-Galad too!

PG1973
02-13-2017, 02:06 PM
I would like a Grima. I feel like my Saruman is incomplete without him.

Travis Baumann
02-14-2017, 08:15 AM
If they nailed Brad Dourif, I would be so down for Grima. With paint apps like on Grishnak he would look all pasty and damp and look great hunched over beside Saruman.

He would then beg for a King Theoden of course (but I would prefer him battlefield ready as opposed to enchanted) who would in turn lead the way to Éomer in full Riders of Rohan gear.

I would be down for many more and start having to get rid of other parts of my collection if they keep doing things on the level of Thranduil and Grishnak.

achilles01987
02-17-2017, 07:13 PM
We need a better version of the King!

Wor-Gar
02-17-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm in for a Grima to go with my Saruman.

Wor-Gar
02-23-2017, 03:06 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent semi-silence on the part of Asmus...

http://molecule8.com/#

superdoug
02-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Noooo! I hope not. Maybe it's an unwritten rule that once you make 6 of the fellowship your line ends?

I meant to the idea that Asmus is done. The Legolas looks great in the attachment and the more Tolkien the better.

matt3223
02-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Hmm....I don't think they have lost the license...they just posted a photo with the Legolas outfit in the background...this better not be the end though...I got thranduil...AMAZING FIGURE

Wor-Gar
02-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Perhaps Quarter scale or busts...

Please let it be true. . .

These say they're figures.

And in their own words -

"Our story is only just beginning. Prepare for the evolution in Sixth Scale and Quarter Scale collectible figures. More to come..."

matt3223
02-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Yea I agree 1/4 or busts seems a possibility....as asmus seems to have a pretty tight grip and a lot of passion on the license...I'm OK with that

denrep-lilium
02-24-2017, 12:33 AM
Not sure molecule8 is official.

matt3223
02-24-2017, 04:51 AM
I had never heard of them....been collecting for a while, not an expert mind you, but I do have a large number of non hot toys figures along with hot toys figures...so I like to think I have a pretty decent handle on the other companies out there....plus there site does not give you much info really.

RickSanchez99
02-24-2017, 05:24 AM
I really look foward to their products, having some competition means that asmus has to give their absolute best at a competitive price. This should turn out to be really good for us collectors.

slikkerias
02-24-2017, 05:48 AM
Perhaps Quarter scale or busts...

It does say 'figures', but this one can't be sixth scale - the rooted hair is way too thin for that.

Bucky Underbelly
02-24-2017, 08:20 AM
I'm not convinced Molecule is for real. At least not yet. Gonna have to see some actual products come to market before I get excited/worried. That license list seemed a little too high profile for a brand new company. (Kinda felt like a wish list to me.) And now their site seems to redirect only to a contacts page. Perhaps they received some C&D letters?

Wor-Gar
02-24-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm not convinced Molecule is for real.

Yes, this company looks like fraud. We've been uncovering stuff since last night in the "Molecule8" thread.

If you read their brochure its complete BS. One of their founders hasn't been able to stay with a company longer than a year or so before moving on for the last 15 years. And Kuat found a "subject to be stricken off the record" by the courts that was about to erase this 2-year-old company for lack of action when they suddenly came up with this vacuous brochure that seems to have no direction but promises a lot.

Entropy
02-24-2017, 01:51 PM
A wait and see approach seems prudent before lauding them as an amazing new company or a complete fraud. It's been all of 2 days.
Either way, they should have been better prepared for internet chatter and conjecture.

Wor-Gar
02-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Of course we'll all be waiting... but now with a very suspicious eye.

In the meantime... what is next for Asmus?

cmiller99
02-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Legolas, seemingly. I'm looking forward to this! If they don't change the Vimal sculpt and make everything else up to their Frodo & Sam standards, this should be a very nice figure.

Thainitty
02-25-2017, 05:12 AM
I don't doubt that legolas with have excellent tailoring and accessories since that's one of asmus' strongest points. Based on thranduil I'd say there's a good chance the head sculpt will come out really nice. Can't wait! Also I'm looking forward to the hateful 8 releases, though, I think I'm the minority

Bucky Underbelly
03-01-2017, 08:39 AM
I'm eager to see what's coming next for Asmus since my Frodo/Sam set should be arriving today or tomorrow and I won't have any Middle Earth figures on pre-order. Hope they put Legolas up soon! I don't like having gaps! They make me nervous!

jacerc130
03-01-2017, 12:07 PM
http://i.giphy.com/NmO4f8EjbscCI.gif

Melkor
03-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Rounding out the top evil would be nice to get a Sauron figure. I know it was asked of them a few months ago if a Sauron figure was planned and they stated yes. Dunno if that is still true today or how far down the pipe line it is though.
Reference https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153808287626968&id=146632816967

Wor-Gar
03-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Well we're getting down to the wire here and Asmus is the closest we've ever come to a full Fellowship line-up since Sideshow dropped the line. I truly hope Asmus can manage this great task... but I must say it is not looking good.

Gimli was one of the initial 5 figures mentioned in the excitement of Asmus' getting the LOTR line in 2013. But in those 4 years we have yet to see any development of him. I don't think we've even seen the usual renders that get sneaked years before the figure shows up. Gimli is my fear -- Gimli is the one I worry will again not get made before the license expires (supposed confirmation of the Molecule8 license claims makes one wonder) OR Asmus simply moves on to more profitable lines.

Legolas, Boromir and Gimli are left.

Legolas I believe is a given since we've seen the render and the outfit.

Gimli and Boromir... well, keep your fingers crossed. Someone here mentioned that Asmus posted something on FB I believe to the effect of "finish the Fellowship in 2017" so I truly hope that is the master plan here.

Travis Baumann
03-09-2017, 12:11 PM
We did see a digital render of Boromir way back too and it looked pretty good from what I remember.

Gimli is definitely a tough one but they said they were working on a Dwarf body that would also accommodate Thorin being produced.

Hard to imagine the line being complete without Gollum though.

MaxGoof
03-09-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm concerned Asmus has silently forsaken us. Have these even come around this forum in months?

Wor-Gar
03-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Hard to imagine the line being complete without Gollum though.

True. But the goal expressed here was always to finish the Fellowship.

Personally, I won't have the Nine members myself -- but that's not because of Asmus, I just never wanted all nine heroes. To me the key 5 were: Gandalf and Frodo (Mentor and Hero), and the 3 Battle Buddies: Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli... and that's all I wanted on my shelf.

I would love to have a scaled Gollum... but for now the 1/4 scale Gollum in a squat position will have to do.

denrep-lilium
03-09-2017, 02:21 PM
To me the key 5 were: Gandalf and Frodo (Mentor and Hero), and the 3 Battle Buddies: Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli...
I would love to have a scaled Gollum...
Actually, Tolkien has a multiple personalities hero: Gandalf - to guide and discover ones calling (for Frodo and Aragorn, at least), Aragorn - to protect and heal (saving Frodo and giving him time to destroy the Ring), Frodo - to carry and trust (without his courage the quest would not happen), Sam - to be hope and to take care of the carrier (Frodo would never make it without Sam's care and "naive" hope), Smeagol/Gollum - to take the curse of the Ring to himself (and, actually, save Frodo and Middle Earth).
I also think these are vital for the story, and that is why (so I added Sam, and Legolas and Gimli is a story of peace after almost eternal hate between elves and dwarfs, but that's a different story). Actually, in the movies Legolas is Aragorn's buddy (so, he is kind of more prominent than in the book, as far as I remember).

Wor-Gar
03-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Totally agree.

Certainly the beauty of LOTR is the varied way you can "watch" the story -- in many ways Aragorn's 'Return of the King' story is the heroic story as well.

I would not count Sam other than as a very loyal everyman who aids a hero.

And Gollum carries a story but I wouldn't say he is a "hero" because he ultimately destroys the ring. He's tragic. It's his obsession with the ring that kills him and ironically the ring itself -- and that action would be the only true way to defeat the ring: it consumes itself. I think that's Tolkien's point.

But I would say that Frodo and Aragorn both have very strong hero stories in this epic tale.

Gandalf I still see only as a mentor and catalyst figure. His goal never wavers, his mission is always clear, even when he must die and return. I think his story is more Spiritual than Heroic.

CanadianBrandon
03-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Gimli is the character I want the most so I really hope we get him.

FlyAndFight
03-09-2017, 09:04 PM
The Fellowship Nine has always been my goal in my collection and fortunately I've been able to complete them via Sideshow and several custom figures.

But while I really like how my Gimli custom came out, he's the one that would benefit from a new release. Legolas would follow, as Sideshow's figure is quite nice but the head sculpt is definitely dated. These two, if done right, would be instant purchases from Asmus.

Wor-Gar
03-09-2017, 10:31 PM
They are indeed the last two Fellowship characters that I am awaiting... the two I've been waiting for since the beginning.

denrep-lilium
03-10-2017, 04:33 AM
Wor-Gar totally agree on Gandalf, it was explained that the role of Wizards was to guide and protect nations of the Middle Earth. I do believe that Smeagol is more complicated figure. Of course he is tragic, and the Ring consumes him, because his life is so much connected to the Ring, he has to pass away with it. And he becomes "a savior" because Bilbo and Frodo both show mercy to him, and Gandalf explains that it is important to be able to preserve life not to take it. So, he does play a savior, but because of grace shown to him by others. And it proves that Gandalf was right, that preserving life of not decent creature could actually lead to common good.
Sam is the main character of the Lord of the Rings as stated by Tolkien, because he is a usual human/creature that does heroic acts and is participating in global events (like many soldiers during Word conflicts, which was Tolkien's own experience). I also think that what Frodo did was impossible without Sam, and Tolkien tries to show that heroism is a kind of team work (basically all Lord of the Rings is about this).
I also admire how death of Boromir is depicted in movies, I think it is brilliant and both uncovers Boromir's and Aragorn's true personalities. I think that Tolkien was gracious to not so perfect characters, and Boromir deserves more love. :)

Wor-Gar
03-10-2017, 09:59 AM
If Sam is the central hero in the movies then Jackson did a good job of hiding that until the end. I can see how he could be the hero -- the everyman who is true to the end -- but the movie only depicts him as such and he's not a driving force regardless of his kind acts. In the books it may be different. I'm really speaking only from the movies, which I know much better but I also know they deviate from the novels in many ways. No hero can accomplish his task without his "sidekick/friend/companion/love". But if Tolkien says Sam is the main hero in the books then it certainly must be true. But that's the beauty of LOTR -- it is so rich in its characters and their stories that many of them could be a central character in their own way.

Asmus
03-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Legolas is on the way,
just waiting for approval,
there will be a kickass base for Leggy.

nathan.never
03-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Legolas is on the way,

This one: :hi5:

Dresky
03-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Legolas is on the way,

A troll head would make a kickass base.

hoodonit00
03-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Legolas is on the way,

Thank you for touching base.

Wor-Gar
03-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Legolas is on the way,

Excellent news! :clap

xequae
03-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Great News!! Can't wait to see what the base for Legolas is.

Bucky Underbelly
03-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Fantastic! Can't wait to see him!

(Please don't let the base be a stairway with a skateboard shield...)

xequae
03-14-2017, 08:04 PM
(Please don't let the base be a stairway with a skateboard shield...)

I don't want that base either, but it would be kind of funny.

Thainitty
03-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Sweet!!! Thanks for the update Asmus

cmiller99
03-15-2017, 03:39 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing it. :rock

CanadianBrandon
03-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the update Asmus!

matt3223
03-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Aw man telling without pictures....what a tease you are asmus....what a tease....it worked....waiting with bated breath!

FlyAndFight
03-17-2017, 12:25 PM
1/6th scaled Mumakil would be a nice base...

:wink1:

hoodonit00
03-17-2017, 12:44 PM
1/6th scaled Mumakil would be a nice base...

:wink1:

Honestly when Asmus said about an awesome base the first thing my mind thought of was the shield surfing scene. I don't think the member who joked about it is far off.

Bucky Underbelly
03-17-2017, 01:24 PM
If it ends up being the shield skateboard, I guess I'd have to accept that it could have been worse ... they could have made the base look like a bunch of falling blocks for him to magically run up! Or a giant bat to dangle from!

hoodonit00
03-17-2017, 02:22 PM
If it ends up being the shield skateboard, I guess I'd have to accept that it could have been worse ... they could have made the base look like a bunch of falling blocks for him to magically run up! Or a giant bat to dangle from!

Shudder.

matt3223
03-17-2017, 05:28 PM
There was a Facebook tease of the outfit and it looks like its his outfit from the first movie....so I don't think it would be the shield.....it is the iconic look though....but so far all the bases seem to be movie specific so I'm thinking it's something from the first movie....I have no idea what that would be though....maybe a dead orc...perhaps the Guardian from the mora entrance haha...maybe it's just a block of snow he can walk on top of haha....I will say though Asus so far has made amazing base pieces so I'm in!

gideon
03-19-2017, 06:06 AM

HEY!!! I love the running the falling stones from the last HOBBIT movie. Great scene and it makes me smile every time.

Manannin
03-21-2017, 05:57 AM
Legolas is on the way,

Cannot wait for Legolas. I finally found a Merry/Pippin set (after getting Frodo and Sam, I had to have all four!) so am all in on the fellowship now since I already have Aragorn and Gandalf.
I'm also glad you are still here despite some negative members, there are many like me who really appreciate your presence and updates!

futurevoid
03-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Legolas is on the way,

Cool!