Yet Another Newbie Intro!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Boot

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm another one of those noobs who discovered Sideshow through the 12" Star Wars line. As a toy nerd, I was obviously aware of Sidehow's products before hand, but it wasn't until I read all the rave SW reviews that I finally decided it might be worth it after all to spend 60 bucks on a dollie. :D

Needless to say, I'm now offically hooked. Like, "no more plastic crap from Hasbro or NECA for me"-hooked. I've been a lurker 'round here for 7-8 months now, and I think I've gained enough knowledge about the company and it's products to finally have something worthwhile to add.

My collection is frightfully wee (only 4 SW and a Freddy PF that hasn't even shipped yet...that'll be my first PF, so I'm understandably frothing at the mouth for that bad boy to arrive), but I'm definitely in the market for more. I'd love a PF Leia, I've been eyeing up those T-800s for weeks now, and there are 3 or 4 12" Jasons that are callin' my name.

Anyway, this board seems like a great community so I'm anxious to dive in and contribute! See ya in the threads!

The Boot said:
Yeah, I'm another one of those noobs who discovered Sideshow through the 12" Star Wars line. As a toy nerd, I was obviously aware of Sidehow's products before hand, but it wasn't until I read all the rave SW reviews that I finally decided it might be worth it after all to spend 60 bucks on a dollie. :D

Needless to say, I'm now offically hooked. Like, "no more plastic crap from Hasbro or NECA for me"-hooked. I've been a lurker 'round here for 7-8 months now, and I think I've gained enough knowledge about the company and it's products to finally have something worthwhile to add.

My collection is frightfully wee (only 4 SW and a Freddy PF that hasn't even shipped yet...that'll be my first PF, so I'm understandably frothing at the mouth for that bad boy to arrive), but I'm definitely in the market for more. I'd love a PF Leia, I've been eyeing up those T-800s for weeks now, and there are 3 or 4 12" Jasons that are callin' my name.

Anyway, this board seems like a great community so I'm anxious to dive in and contribute! See ya in the threads!

WELCOME!!! :chew :emperor

TheObsoleteMan said:
You've just taken your first step into a larger world... of debt.

Don't I know it! Especially if those PFs are all they're cracked up to be. I can see myself running out of money (and space) in no time.

Thanks for the welcomes kodiak and OM!

Last edited:
Welkome!! I joined this freak board 1 month ago and my life has never been the same! (it's a good thing I keep telling myself as cry into my empty wallet). This board will turn you onto pieces that you never thought of owning and the next thing you know BAM!! You're out of room and broke...but when you see the pieces...especially the PF's you know it's all worth it!!!

Thanks, Jen!

Jen said:
This board will turn you onto pieces that you never thought of owning and the next thing you know BAM!! You're out of room and broke...but when you see the pieces...especially the PF's you know it's all worth it!!!

It's already happened! There are a few things on my current "want list" that I remember seeing in the past but, for whatever reason, never really thought twice about. After seeing all of the pics on this board and reading so many enthusiastic comments, I've already been "talked" into hunting down some of those particularly well-received pieces.

PF Leia and Jason Part 3, I'm looking in your direction...

Welcome! Great avatar!

Belonging to Freaks does tend to make you want to buy almost everything Sideshow makes. That's why we're Freaks.

I love the Leia PF. :inlove

Just remember, there may come a time when you are pennyless and you think the hunger pains are just too much to take but, take heart, you will always, always have your Sideshow collectibles to keep you safe and warm at night.:D

Welcome!!!

Welcome! I got my forst PF statue not so long ago, I still feel the excitement in my veins. I'm sure there will be many more Sideshow products for you (especially if you're a SW collector).

Thanks again for the warm welcome Batty, Cocoboloboy, carbo-fation, 1HAPPYBOY, King Darkness, Nitro, olvidadero, and twistedfreak! *gasps for air* :p

Seriously, I appreciate it.

It's really weird, I've been lurking around here for so long, I feel like I know some of you already. Kinda creepy seeing as how you don't know me at all.
a015.gif
a035.gif

The Boot said:
Thanks again for the warm welcome Batty, Cocoboloboy, carbo-fation, 1HAPPYBOY, King Darkness, Nitro, olvidadero, and twistedfreak! *gasps for air* :p

Seriously, I appreciate it.

It's really weird, I've been lurking around here for so long, I feel like I know some of you already. Kinda creepy seeing as how you don't know me at all.
a015.gif
a035.gif
:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

Back