"Buffy: Season 8" #1 Sells out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Buffy: Season " #1 Sells out!

Can anyone show me pictures of the inside comic art? I am more for the art as a fellow artist, that is more important to me vs. a good story.

Yet with movies it's all about the writing and story. hehe

I got mine yesterday and absolutely loved it! Congrats to Joss Whedon and Dark Horse Comics for such a successful first issue! 100,000 plus copies selling out so quick and needing to immediately do a reprint to sell more is amazing!

It's too bad that Sideshow thinks Buffy is over because the fans sure don't!

Firefly Flanatic said:
I got mine yesterday and absolutely loved it! Congrats to Joss Whedon and Dark Horse Comics for such a successful first issue! 100,000 plus copies selling out so quick and needing to immediately do a reprint to sell more is amazing!

It's too bad that Sideshow thinks Buffy is over because the fans sure don't!

It does seem to be rather odd that around the same time Sideshow closes the book on the 12" line the comic sells out a 100,000 run.

Very strange.

Re: "Buffy: Season " #1 Sells out!

Eli26 said:
Can anyone show me pictures of the inside comic art? I am more for the art as a fellow artist, that is more important to me vs. a good story.

Yet with movies it's all about the writing and story. hehe
go to the darkhorse comics site and there is a five page preview.

AHHH this is so frustrating... This comic is huge, its the biggest thing to happen to Buffy since the show went off the air and Sideshow at the same time??
Im so confused it doesnt seem to make sense. ??? :confused:

Well to be fair, most first issues of a comic get more interest then subsequent issues, and this being a Buffy tie in was bound to create great interest amongst fans and the general comic buying public as well.

What will be more telling is what the sale will be like as time goes on, and we get past the first few which have Joss writing them.

Yeah I just got the issue in the mail the other day and it definately is a Buffy fan's dream just seeing the characters and knowing it's Joss's official version of season 8.

144752__buffy3_l.jpg

144752__buffy1_l.jpg

144752__buffy_l.jpg

I didn't get to the comic shop until after work that day and I was very surprised that they still had a Jeanty cover left. I bought that one and a Chen cover. I'm not a big fan of the interior artwork, but I'm just glad to have new Buffy stories.

The artwork seems to have a bit of a Frank Miller feel in terms of overall appearance, but the details in face and form remind me a bit of (don't shoot me) Mike Allred.

I actually kind of like it, simple as it is...

Back