1:2 Scale R2-D2 kit from Modelspace. A bit pricey, but hey it's R2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my second-last Falcon shipment ships this week and I'll be finished overall next month.

I'll be joining in on the R2 - had this planned for months now - but I learned my lesson from the Falcon. I'm not buying in until they run a $1 shipping promotion.

Signed up for the Falcon at $60/month and $7 shipping and within two months, they ran a $1 shipping promotion. I could have saved $6/month for 25 months had I just waited a bit. I'm not making THAT mistake again.

Yeah, my second-last Falcon shipment ships this week and I'll be finished overall next month.

I'll be joining in on the R2 - had this planned for months now - but I learned my lesson from the Falcon. I'm not buying in until they run a $1 shipping promotion.

Signed up for the Falcon at $60/month and $7 shipping and within two months, they ran a $1 shipping promotion. I could have saved $6/month for 25 months had I just waited a bit. I'm not making THAT mistake again.

I'm pretty sure I'm in for this so that's good to know, thanks. :duff

Hopefully they'll run the same promotion.

Damn I think I gotta get that Falcon model. How is the quality?

It's a fantastic kit but, as with any model, "finished product" is completely dependent on one's skill with a paint brush. Put together as-is, it'd look pretty 'meh'. But there's some builds out there that make the Falcon look insanely good; ready-for-film quality.

The majority of the Falcon parts are unpainted so it definitely requires some extra work beyond assembly. It's a really nice kit though, the cheapest option for getting a studio scale Falcon, and a bit more accurate than the MR Falcon from a while back.
I'll probably hold off on the R2 for a bit though, just to have some time without a monthly payment, maybe get a promo deal like saving on shipping. This one is a bit more expensive than the Falcon as well.

Yeah, people were saying that's it's prepainted and that nothing more was needed. But to really do justice to such an awesome model, you have to do some painting.

I think that this R2 will end up looking like a big toy if not painted correctly. Imho I would have paid double or maybe even triple for it to lifesize or lees money and have it a little smaller.

Next time a "deal" comes up I'm going to order the Falcon. Just missed out on the $200 deal. I already have a 1:1 R2 "kit" it takes awhile to gather the parts (astromech.net) now just need to finish that build.

I'm in the same situation, NASEDO. For several years I've been slowly but surely picking up parts for my R2 build, over at Astromechs and I'm at about 95% completed. (with acquiring parts, not the actual build...)

This 1:2 scale R2 is not worth it, when you can have a 1:1 piece on display. You can make one bare-boned, non-running but with lights, for about the same or a little more.

To anyone here in the states I would avoid this company and its "subscription " at all costs. I am almost $600 in on the Falcon's one year subscription and have been waiting four months, FOUR MONTHS for pack 7. Endless calls to CS and emails gets me nowhere. Got so frustrated I asked for a full refund since they are not keeping up their end of the "subscription ", nope they will not refund at all.

But amazingly they offered the full kit over Xmas with a $200 discount, hey how about taking care of us people that are already invested first????

Back