Captain Toy Picks...Top Ten Joker action figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can't argue with your No. 1, I would've placed the Sideshow 12" much higher on the list -- maybe even No. 3. Fantastic adaptation of the comic book look.

But thanks for the list!

Great list... and glad to say I own nearly all of them – however I would put the Super Powers Joker in there... possibly still my favourite Joker figure.

Great list...excellent choice for the top spot...that HT Nicholson Joker figure is pure awesomeness - one of my all-time favourite 1/6 scale figures. :rock

Nice list, although I don't agree about the DC Collectibles Batman Animated Series Joker. I think it's a big disappointment and the old Kenner Batman Animated Joker sculpt is superior, despite obviously having way less detail. This new one's eyes are too small and somehow his smile looks off to me.

I have to ask, when did Hot Toys tease a Romero Joker? I've only ever bought two Hot Toys collectibles - their Heath Ledger Joker and "Terminator 2" Arnold Schwarzenegger. I like them a lot, but can't afford to buy many, so decided I'd never buy another again unless they make Julie Newmar Catwoman.

I figured it'll never happen after there was no follow up to their Adam West and Burt Ward Batman and Robin, but your mention of them hinting at a Romero Joker gives me hope. Please elaborate!

Should I be getting excited about the possibility of a Hot Toys Newmar Catwoman again? :pray:

By the way, I love your site and have been reading it for years. Keep up the great work!

I looked it up and found out about Hot Toys Romero Joker being announced in September. I notice he's got the gun that Joker had in "Batman: The Movie" from 1966. This makes me worry that if they'll just make figures based on that movie, we would only get Burgess Meredith as The Penguin, Frank Gorshin as The Riddler, and...Lee Merriweather as Catwoman. It would really suck to get a Catwoman that's NOT Newmar. I guess they could include two different heads since Newmar and Merriweather had similar body types, but that would be unfair to poor shorter Eartha Kitt. This multiple-actresses-playing-Catwoman situation complicates things. They each did a good job, but Newmar was my favourite, so I'd only want a figure of her version.

Good list. I have 7 of the top 10 :lol

I would have included the DC Direct Arkham Asylum Joker in that list. It's a beautiful figure and IMO, the best DC Direct Joker as far as sculpting and paint :) Then again, Hush Joker has the mouth gimmick.

An honorable mention would be the Sky Escape Nicholson Joker from Kenner just because of the skin changing color gimmick :)

Good list. I've got everyone on there but the Sideshow figure, as I don't collect that line.

My 10:

1. Hot Toys Jack Nicholson Joker
2. Hot Toys Mime Joker (an even better likeness!)
3. Mattel DCUC Joker
4. DCC Batman: The Animated Series Joker
5. The New Batman Adventures Joker from DCC
6. DCC Icons Joker
7. Super Powers Joker
8. Hot Toys Heath Ledger Joker 2.0
9. DCD Silver Age Joker (from two-pack)
10. Mego Joker

Honorable mention goes to Kenner's great Batman: The Dark Knight Collection Knock-Out Joker.

Hot Toys Romero Joker and Mattel's upcoming Dark Knight Returns Joker might make the list next year...

Awesome picks! I have a few of those and would love to add the Nicholson Joker to my collection. Thanks for your write-ups!

Back