1/6 Hot Toys Deadool X-Force Repaint WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATED POST WITH FINISHED PICS!

Hey everyone,

Ok so here are the final pics for my HT Deadpool repaint!

Ever since the figure was announced I've had this paintjob in mind. Classic DP is awesome don't get me wrong but X-Force has always been my favorite version of the "Merc with a Mouth".

Everything was repainted using an airbrush and lacquer based paints (some enamels too).

I didn't use any particular art as reference but I'm a huge fan of Rick Remender's run from a few years back so I tried to capture the essence of that look.
I used different types of black to simulate various textures but I have to say I'm partial to a nice matte black when it comes to stealth suits.
I also weathered the suit using pigments and enamel washes.
I didn't want his suit to look like it was brand new but not too weathered either. Hitting that sweet spot is no easy task.

I really like this combo of eye pieces and hands for him but all the eye plates and hands were repainted of course.

I hope you guys will enjoy the result as much as I enjoyed working on this fella!

Hopefully we'll see this movie soon!

Last edited:
Really nice work. Looks like some variations between the blue and the grey.

Any issue with possibility in the suit with the paint drying?

Really nice work. Looks like some variations between the blue and the grey.

Any issue with possibility in the suit with the paint drying?

Nope, just safer to avoid super dynamic poses
And thanks ;)

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Whoa great work Dark_Spidey! The red really makes a difference! I didn't know you customize figures as well...Awesome

Personally man I'd leave it as is and clean! Look stellar! Plus if you ever decide to sell it down the road you'll probably get more bites on a clean version vs the bloody damaged version.

You're a braver man than me but damn, he's looking really good!

Back