1/6 Custom Captain America figure - Comic Book Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided to give it's own thread, so that I can post more pictures. It's pretty much the Same as the one in the "Show your custom Marvel" thread but more and better pics. (Different camera) :) Oh, and a different shield.

BME9hn.jpg

O3vAoe.jpg

NnFr1r.jpg

RazqtE.jpg

w9bYB6.jpg

d7jYpS.jpg

2IlPJG.jpg

fLKHUD.jpg

JEEBUS CHRIST!!!! That's awesome!!! :horror

Repped

Ok, what's the build recipe?

Why can't these damn companies just see that there is a huge 1:6 niche going completely unaddressed. Good high quality comic based figures...both DC & Marvel. In the age of "Spli-censing", you'd think some company would be all over this. :huh

Thanks.

The build recipe is:

Head by Tony Mei, painted by galactiboy
Sideshow Superman body with slightly modded ankles
Tony Mei suit (the striped undershirt got damaged, so I used the Hot Toys CA Rescue version shirt)
The boots and gloves are from the HT CA Star Spangled Man version
The belt is generic I got from Toy Anxiety
The pouches are from the Sideshow Deadpool
The shield I believe is a Captain Action CA shield with modded straps and Dulcoated to remove the shine.

If SS produced a line with the classic style costumes(instead of their own interpretations) like this fig and kept it under $200 I can see it being very popular

JEEBUS CHRIST!!!! That's awesome!!! :horror

Repped

Ok, what's the build recipe?

Why can't these damn companies just see that there is a huge 1:6 niche going completely unaddressed. Good high quality comic based figures...both DC & Marvel. In the age of "Spli-censing", you'd think some company would be all over this. :huh

I keep wishing Hot Toys will wake and realize the huge market for comic figures .... Sideshow was supposed to do it but they are clearly not up to the job.

I hope Sideshow follows this figure exactly

*won't happen though*

That is an awesome looking Cap! I know in the other thread you posted him with the metal shield because of the darker red, but the comic shield looks great with him too. Hard to decide which is better, but I like the comic one I guess, only for the completed look. Great job though!

That is an awesome looking Cap! I know in the other thread you posted him with the metal shield because of the darker red, but the comic shield looks great with him too. Hard to decide which is better, but I like the comic one I guess, only for the completed look. Great job though!

Back