Donald Glover Lando Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDarnGamer

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know it's 2 years away but what are the chances Hot Toys make a Donald Glover version of Lando from the Han Solo movie?

I don't see this doing very well, I'm actually a big fan of the man but have no desire for a figure of him. I just hope the release BIlly Dee Lando first, that should sell better1 if they release this first I fear the low sales will be attributed to people not wanting the character and leave us without ever getting a Billy Dee Lando.

The hype and figures will be the fun part for me. I love the characters, seeing young versions will make me feel the same as I did in the run up to TPM with Ewan as Obi-Wan, same for AOTC and ROTS. I have faith though, I like the directors, and Lawrence Kasdan wrote Raiders so he knows Ford cold. Glover can nail the swagger of Lando, I haven't seen Ehrenreich in anything but he has a passing resemblance to Harrison so we'll see.

You just know they'll release a pic of him leaning against Chewie at the ramp of the Falcon and the world will explode.

Lando is supposed to be a smooth ladies man. I guess Disney wants to change that by casting this guy who could never pull that off.

I'd rather Obi-wan movie than Han Solo movie but Donald Glover is a good choice.

I don't see this doing very well, I'm actually a big fan of the man but have no desire for a figure of him. I just hope the release BIlly Dee Lando first, that should sell better1 if they release this first I fear the low sales will be attributed to people not wanting the character and leave us without ever getting a Billy Dee Lando.

I'll take a Billy Dee before Donald Glover but i want a Billy Ray Valentine first!

I bet we get this before classic Lando, which is causing mixed emotions because I like Donald Glover, but I'd much rather have Billy Dee Williams' Lando come out first.

Donald kind of looks like what I would expect from a Saturday Night Live parody of Star Wars.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd rather have a Hot Toys figure of Bill Murray singing "Star Wars...nothing but Star Warrrrs." ;)

Back