1/6 Hot Toys-style generic stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Excuse the clutter for those in the know, but I'm thinking there's maybe some relative n00bs out there like me, who don't know this stuff.

Did your HT figure come with a lovely stand, but its the size of the average dinner-plate? And you just don't have space for that... neither do I. I would happily buy stands from HT, but AFAIK they don't sell just the basic stand.

But there's someone who does:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LAF2WR2?psc=1

I received a 5-pack of these today. The first recipient is General Zod, and its much comfier than the stand he was on. Will give one to Supes, and then Leto Arkham Joker will get one too - as the chair is cool and all, but my people stand up for display.

Each stand comes with a sheet of nameplate-size black stickers. A bunch of them are in Chinese, and I am struck by the urge to just put them all over the place and see who says what. Or, it might be amusing to put Zod on a stand that says NAVY SEAL. Yeah, that'll work! But seriously, the "LOOK BUT DONT TOUCH" one is going on my work badge, lol.

If you are short of stands, here's your chance.

They also make those blank bases without the raised name plate bar. Those are the ones I personally prefer.

They also make those blank bases without the raised name plate bar. Those are the ones I personally prefer.

Ah, and so they do! I didn't even see these.

https://www.amazon.com/Style-Dollfi...d=1476913200&sr=8-2&keywords=1+6+figure+stand

The only thing about these is, I think they ship from China, and after a bad experience in the past with a Chinese firm and my CC#, I prefer to buy stuff that is shipped by Amazon. I don't mind the blank faceplates and may one day get around to actually putting names on them. But this is a nice alternative, thanks for the heads up!

Do they do those in clear see through plastic? I've never liked the black plastic standing out behind my figures.

Do they do those in clear see through plastic? I've never liked the black plastic standing out behind my figures.

If so, I've never seen one. Wouldn't that allow you to see the wire holder inside the vertical support? I dunno how that'd look.

A truly completely transparent stand would be most awesome.

I'm not sure but the Reeve Superman has a clear plastic flight pole and it looks much better than the black ones you get with the Cavill figures. Obviously you can still see it but it doesn't stand out as much especially when in a glass display like the detolf.

*peels the metal nameplate off the baseball-diamond original MoS Superman stand* I wonder if you will go on this little blank nameplate on the new stand.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED I am going to go get Zod's tomorrow. Works like a charm! Its even sticky enough to not need extra glue.

Edit: That's a good point SJ, now that you mention it WHY would they make the flight holders black, talk about killing the mood.

If so, I've never seen one. Wouldn't that allow you to see the wire holder inside the vertical support? I dunno how that'd look.

A truly completely transparent stand would be most awesome.

I just picked up some of these. Pricey but classy.

stands2.jpg

stands6.jpg

I got those stands with the name plates on them, too. Their cheap and they work so I don't mind. I just throw that "Look but don't touch" sticker on the plate.

Definitely gonna pick up some of those clear plastic stands, much better looking than the black ones. Maybe its a little OCD but every figure I have on a stand my eye is drawn to that black plastic between their legs :lol

Back