Friday the 13th vs Nightmare on Elm Street

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick the better Franchise

• Friday the 13th

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Nightmare on Elm Street

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Per Request I'm doing a tournment style finish for the Winners bracket. sooo...

jason_vorhees.bmp

VS

nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-headshot-small.jpg

And for those who wanted to see the results of the way I wanted to do the battle here they are....
1-2. Halloween and Friday the 13th both with 39
3.Nightmare on elm street-37
4.Night of the living dead-27
5.Hellraiser-26
6.Texas Chainsaw Massarce-23
7.Saw-20
8.Child's play-15
9.Children of the Corn-12
10.Puppet Master-10
11.Phantasm-8
12-14.Basket Case,Pumpkinhead and Leprechaun tied with 7
15-16. Re-animator and Candyman tied with 6

I was going with a point system, now we are just going by wins, till one movie remains.

I really love the Friday series, but Jason is just another silent killer. I love a villian with personality, and especially one that talks smack and is a smart ass. Elm St. all the way.

When I watched Freddy vs Jason I wanted Jason to kick Freddy's butt, but when it comes down to it I think I enjoyed the Nightmare series more, it was a hard choice but in the end I had to go with the Springwood slasher.

Buttmunch said:
Its Chi-Chi-Chi, Ha-Ha-Ha though. :confused:

Not according to the dude that made it. It was recorded as "Ki-Ki-Ki Ma-Ma-Ma" but after effects were added and such it ended up sound more like "Ch-Ch-Ch Ha-Ha-Ha"

In other words, you say potato, I say something else.

F13 all the way.

Nightmare 1, 3 and 4 are the only good ones, the rest blow hard. F13 2 by itself blows Nightmare movies away :cool:

Kabukiman said:
Not according to the dude that made it. It was recorded as "Ki-Ki-Ki Ma-Ma-Ma" but after effects were added and such it ended up sound more like "Ch-Ch-Ch Ha-Ha-Ha"

In other words, you say potato, I say something else.

Kabukiman is right. Harry Manfredini developed it as a type of foreshadowing to the killer's identity. It's an abbreviated version of "Kill, kill, kill...mom, mom, mom"--Jason "speaking" to his deranged mother.

Darth Loki said:
I really love the Friday series, but Jason is just another silent killer. I love a villian with personality, and especially one that talks smack and is a smart ass. Elm St. all the way.

That's how I feel as well.

Jason is cool but after pt 3 the series went from horror to comedy. Jason almost became a joke himself.

On the other hand, Freddy is a joke and the series admits it just by the way he acts and his personality. He isn't hiding that fact while Jason is trying to be tough and serious but in the end fails IMO.

Michael Myers is a much better silent killer than Jason. :monkey3

Bonehead15 said:
That's how I feel as well.

Jason is cool but after pt 3 the series went from horror to comedy. Jason almost became a joke himself.

On the other hand, Freddy is a joke and the series admits it just by the way he acts and his personality. He isn't hiding that fact while Jason is trying to be tough and serious but in the end fails IMO.

Michael Myers is a much better silent killer than Jason. :monkey3

Friday films did not try to be funny until part 6. Part 5 may have been funny but all the laughs were unintentional. Part 7 went back to serious and part 8 again was unintentionally funny. Next 2 played for some laughs and FvJ went back to more serious.

Your comments about Freddy are a tad off. Part 1 and 2 were very serious in tone and Freddy was not a Joke machine. Lines like "You got the Body. I got the brains" while he rips his skull open were more the norm. I would call it more dark humor. ActuallyI don't think he told any jokes in part 1.
Part 3 was the start of what I call the James Bond Freddy. A joke for every kill. The series started to fall after this. Part 4, while pretty to look at is bad. Part 5 is a JOKE, and part six is pretty much worthless. In fact by the time you get to part 6, I can't believe how much they changed Freddy's character. Seriously watch part six then go back to part 1 and 2 and tell me if they are even close to the same character. New Nightmare was a tad better but fell apart at the end with the humor. Freddy did not return to his good ol nasty self until FvJ. Sure the Jokes were there but they were more evil type Jokes. "I should warn you, the first time tends to get a little.....messy" Great stuff.

My point is, Freddy is best when he is evil not a wink and a nod Joke. And that is what he became for 5 of his films.

And someone said Michael was the better silent killer. Well If you are talking Halloween 1, you may have a point. But as a series Mike don't have nothin on Jason! All the other Michaels were just silly IMO.

JAWS said:
Friday films did not try to be funny until part 6.

I didn't mean the films tried to be funny but they were funny instead of scary IMO.

Your comments about Freddy are a tad off. Part 1 and 2 were very serious in tone and Freddy was not a Joke machine.

Freddy isn't a joke machine but his character has always had a "sinister" sense of humor even in parts 1 and 2. Part 3 and so on just upped the humor cause that's what made Freddy different than the other "serious" slashers like Michael Myers, Jason, so on who tried to be serious. That's why Freddy and the whole series stood out and lasted so long IMO.

Bonehead15 said:
Freddy isn't a joke machine but his character has always had a "sinister" sense of humor even in parts 1 and 2. Part 3 and so on just upped the humor cause that's what made Freddy different than the other "serious" slashers like Michael Myers, Jason, so on who tried to be serious. That's why Freddy and the whole series stood out and lasted so long IMO.

I agree 100% about the sinister sense of Humor for parts 1, 2, and FvJ. That's when Freddy is at his best. But the James Bond Freddy is just too silly IMO. Sure the series lasted a long time but they have not aged well at all.

Back