1/6 Hot Toys BvS Knightmare Batman figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight's review was a tricky one, because I wanted very much to love the figure. It's the Knightmare Batman from Hot Toys, and it's not that I hated it. I'm just far more luke warm after receiving it and working with it than I had hoped to be. There's no major issues, but enough minor ones to cool my enthusiasm a bit. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-101016a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews a the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Nice. I always read your reviews before buying a figure. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

I really thought you would go a bit higher on your score. Maybe you weren't in the right frame of mine while reviewing it. ;)

Guys, it's his review. If you guys think it should be higher, then great. Maybe start your own review website as well.

Just saying.

Hey, I thought it was going to be higher too! But it's a very tactile, experience based situation...and I certainly don't mind when people disagree. God knows, I've gotten mighty accustomed to it over the years! :D

Guys, it's his review. If you guys think it should be higher, then great. Maybe start your own review website as well.

Just saying.

I would but I'm not talented like these guys on here. :lol

I disagree with your opening paragraph DC still has a long way to go before they reach the quality of the weakest Marvel movies. Thor 2 makes a lot more sense than BvS or Suicide Squad.

This figure looks cool though, even if it is a gun toting version of Batman.

I disagree with your opening paragraph DC still has a long way to go before they reach the quality of the weakest Marvel movies. Thor 2 makes a lot more sense than BvS or Suicide Squad.

I disagree with you. Marvel's movies, even their best, are kiddie popcorn fluff. BvS is actually brave enough to break away from the mold and contemplate deep themes like violence, toxic masculinity and more. Hell, on the opening and the beautiful lie line alone I could write psychological and philosophical papers. Batman v Superman is actually a very smart movie, IF you are willing to think a little bit while watching, which Marvel movies don't really need you to do.

I disagree with you. Marvel's movies, even their best, are kiddie popcorn fluff. BvS is actually brave enough to break away from the mold and contemplate deep themes like violence, toxic masculinity and more. Hell, on the opening and the beautiful lie line alone I could write psychological and philosophical papers. Batman v Superman is actually a very smart movie, IF you are willing to think a little bit while watching, which Marvel movies don't really need you to do.

Very smart? LOL.

This thinking is what gets me, apparently, anyone that doesn't like BvS is apparently mentally challenged or stupid. The movie sucked, plain and simple.

You might not agree with me, and that's totally fine. But there's millions that do, at it shows.

I'll just go ahead and read a book on Quantum Physics and give BvS another chance, I guess.

Dora The Explorer makes more sense than BvS.

Very smart? LOL.

This thinking is what gets me, apparently, anyone that doesn't like BvS is apparently mentally challenged or stupid. The movie sucked, plain and simple.

You might not agree with me, and that's totally fine. But there's millions that do, at it shows.

I'll just go ahead and read a book on Quantum Physics and give BvS another chance, I guess.

Geez. Do you just pick fights with everyone? Let's do our best to respect each others opinion. Were all mature here.

Geez. Do you just pick fights with everyone? Let's do our best to respect each others opinion. Were all mature here.

You are overreacting, and it seems to me that you might do that frequently. I never "disrespected" his opinion, I only stated mine. It's only fair.

You are overreacting, and it seems to me that you might do that frequently. I never "disrespected" his opinion, I only stated mine. It's only fair.
Okay no problem. Your post just came off like that. Sorry for getting you in the defensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm with ya there bud.

Marvel movies have been great overall, but to me they do well because they play it safe. DC still has a blank canvas to paint but that's what makes their studio a lot more exciting and more framed down into reality. It took Marvel how many movies and catastrophes (New York, Sokovia, Washington DC) for the world to really react to super powered individuals compared to it being addressed and shown by DC just after Man of Steel ended.

I own both Civil War and BvS and since then, i find myself enjoying BvS a lot more. Sure..the airport fight scene was great but the fight sequence with Armored Batman in the rain was a lot more epic and memorable.

At the end of the day I still love both brands just love the DCU a little bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay no problem. Your post just came off like that. Sorry for getting you in the defensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No problem at all! Look, I understand that some of the stuff we read can be taken out of context, it's just the nature of the beast. Specially around these forums.

I've got absolutely no problems with you at all, and differences of opinions can be healthy (even with some colorful language here and there).

No problem at all! Look, I understand that some of the stuff we read can be taken out of context, it's just the nature of the beast. Specially around these forums.

I've got absolutely no problems with you at all, and differences of opinions can be healthy (even with some colorful language here and there).

:):hi5:

When one is stating their own opinion they say "I think the movie sucked, plain and simple."
You said "The movie sucked, plain and simple. You might not agree with me, and that's totally fine. But there's millions that do, at it shows." presenting your opinion as a matter of fact.

That said, I enjoyed the movie, but mostly because I wanted to.
I think the biggest flaw in the movie is the story telling, what I took from it is that this is a Batman who has lost his way, who has turned cruel, and has reached that point where he will do just about anything necessary if the end justifies the means in his mind.
Where the story telling failed is by not showing us HOW he reached that point, and more clearly presenting that this is who he has become and the movie is about his struggle to come back to being the Batman we all know. There's only a few lines from Alfred and Bruce that show he's teetering on that line of being good or becoming bad.
There's also the more obvious weak areas of the story like the whole Martha bit and also not making it clearer to the audience that Flash showing up wasn't a dream sequence...
There's just a lot of it that could have been improved, but legit, I did enjoy it, I thought Ben was one of the best on screen Batman's we've had and I reaaally wasn't looking forward to him at the beginning (you tell me it's going to be Josh Brolin, you damn well better deliver Josh Brolin!)
But for the direction this movie went, and the overall aesthetic... Ben was awesome

I'm hoping his solo movie does the character more justice

It does read aggressively, and it does come off immature

Back