Fences (2016)-Denzel Washington

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victοr

BANNED
Reaction score

"An African American father struggles with race relations in the United States while trying to raise his family in the 1950s and coming to terms with the events of his life."

I know nothing about the play it's based on, but I love me some Denzel, and that trailer is intense. There's already some Oscar chatter, about both Denzel and Davis (most feel she was robbed of her Oscar for "The Help"). I'll certainly be checking it out.

Amazing play and will be an amazing film.

For those that might not know, James Earl Jones was the original actor when it first opened.

Last edited:
Amazing play and will be an amazing film.

For those that might not know, James Earl Jones was the original actor when it first opened.

Saw the play about 20 years ago and thought it was fantastic.

I'll have to ask my dad if he's seen it because I know he likes going to plays alot. I've never heard of this one. Does Christmas have any relevance to the play because that seems like a weird time to release the movie, other than trying to get it into theaters in time to be eligible for the for Oscar ballots.

That was intense. Is this Denzels first directing gig? Huge fan here, never miss one of his movies.

Didn't he direct Antwone Fisher?

Denzel can do this sort of stuff in his sleep by now, but nice to see him back in something with some real dramatic bite, rather than him simply running around shooting random European gangsters in the face or putting up with Chris Pratt.

Saw this today. Denzel is just on another level. Jaw dropping performance.

Trailer was a turn off. Tired of him always playing the angry black man.

giphy.gif

Back