Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle jom

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't expect to get more than one or two replies but I have got my Legosi Dracula and Strange Creature and Chaney Wolfman. I just need Abbott and Costello baggage clerks to make my collection complete.

My holy grail since childhood.

Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Perhaps a stupid question. But did someone make those two yet? Or is that a dream of yours?

A&CMF IS one of the best comedies all time!

Abbott and Costello would be awesome to go with those other figs, I used to LOVE watching those movies as a kid, funny as hell.

Hey you got more than 2 replies! :chew

JAWS said:
Perhaps a stupid question. But did someone make those two yet? Or is that a dream of yours?

A&CMF IS one of the best comedies all time!

Just a dream... but you can't fault me for that. we all have them.

There was a great resin model kit made by Needful Things a few years ago, but I've never heard of any figures

It really is an overlooked Univeral License that Sideshow should do. Just think of it:

Bud & Lou in Delivery outfits - Candle and Dracula & Frankenstein Legend cards from McDougals House of Horrors as accessories!

Bud & Lou in Street Clothes - Masqurade Costume Accessories

Re-issue Lugosi as Dr. Lehos with smoking jacket

Re-issue Lon Jr. with Film specific costume

Dr. Sandra Morney (sp?) in surgical scrubs

Polystone Coffin with the Dracula Crest?

Polystone Wooden Shipping Crate for Frankenstein?

And when finished with this series continue forth with:

Abbot & Costello Meet Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde:
~reissue Mr. Hyde with a film specific monster head
~reissue Mr. Hyde with a Karloff as Dr. Jeckyll head
~The boys in British police uniforms?

Abbott & Costello Meet the Mummy:
~The Boys in their Desert Gear & the Mummy

It's about time that the GI Joe collectors meet Abbot & Costello from Buck Privates!

Come on Sideshow - your half way there with all of this stuff!

A "Who's on First Set" anyone?

Good ideas Grim, I think Sideshow needs to go back to 12'' scale , I think the sculptors excell at head portraits and it is relatively quick, easy, and fun for them to do so. Lugosi would need a new head sculpt as he was much older in MEETS FRANKENSTEIN, but I think any sculptor worth his salt would relish the opportunity now that Lugosi's face is aged with even more character.

This would also be a great way to get a new and less emaciated Wolf Man, and a different style head sculpt as well.

Still not overwhelming... but a lot more replies than I thought I'd ever get on this subject. I guess there are a lot more old guys like me in this forum than I thought.

Grim, You forgot... in the Chick Young and Wilbur Grey baggage handler set; a candle ("Wait a minute, candles can't move") and a set of crow bars.

I've wanted Bud and Lou forever from A & C Meet F. I wonder if it's even possible licensing wise though? But it would be a dream figure set. I'd get any figures from the film.

chamildav said:
I've wanted Bud and Lou forever from A & C Meet F. I wonder if it's even possible licensing wise though? But it would be a dream figure set. I'd get any figures from the film.

It is possible... A few years back (I don't know how many) a company called Exclusive Premieres released 8 inch A&C dressed from the "Naughty Nineties" Who's on first routine. They also had a 8 inch Honeymooners, Munsters, Wild Wild West, and Gilligans Island series of figures that I recall. Also 2 Laurel and Hardy sets one with overalls from "The Music Box" and one with the usual street clothes. All were 8 inches. I for one would love to see any of these with good head sculpts and paint. AFTER BUD AND LOU!!!!!

Bud & Lou have been brought up before and they're STILL a good idea. It's just too bad neither of them was ever in $tar War$. That greatly reduces any hope of ever seeing them.

Ironman1188 said:
Bud & Lou have been brought up before and they're STILL a good idea. It's just too bad neither of them was ever in $tar War$. That greatly reduces any hope of ever seeing them.

There's an idea Mr. Lucas... Digitally replace the droids with Bud and Lou. Do I smell yet another re-release?

We didn't get Maleva.
We didn't get Ygor.
We didn't get a Doctor {there were more Dr's than just Colin Clive ya know!!}
We didn't get Medeival Kurgan.
We didn't get Ramirez.
We didn't get Wes.
We didn't get Gunn.
We didn't get Doyle.
We didn't get Illyria.
We didn't get Rod Serling.
We didn't get Burke.
We didn't get Virdon.
We didn't get Aldo.
We didn't get the Ape-o-nauts.
We ain't gettin' Bud & Lou. :monkey2

We did lose
Highlander,
Planet of the Apes,
Buffy,
Angel,
the Outer Limits,
the Twilight Zone,
Hogan's Heroes,
Get Smart,
Universal Monsters....
We never even got past the announcement that Happy Days would be coming
But, ...we got $tar War$. Plenty of $tar War$.

Back