Legion (X-Men series) on FX (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be great. It'll probably smoke that crapfest AOS with just one episode.

Noah Hawley is a beast. Glad he did this.

It looks interesting enough to check out.

Still surprised Dan Stevens seemingly accepted this role over Iron Fist for the Netflix series.

It looks interesting enough to check out.

Still surprised Dan Stevens seemingly accepted this role over Iron Fist for the Netflix series.

Well, to be fair, he doesn't need to get ripped as ****, so there's that. Also, depending on your POV, Legion is a more complex character. He's not just one guy, in the comics he has tons of different personalities and whatnot. So, I think an actor who wants to show some range will go for the role which will have him playing both a psychopathic murderer with a doll fetish, and a female pastor who's into BDSM. These are just examples from the top of my head, but such a show has the potential to give us some pretty unique situations.

In contrast, Iron Fist, while more than meets the eye, isn't exactly that challenging of a role despite the training. It's a mix of Doctor Strange's and Batman's origin, which in turn aren't that original. That's not to say Iron Fist doesn't have depth, but it doesn't pose a great challenge, acting wise.

As for the show, well, I'm really looking forward to it, actually. Arrow is absolutely dreadful, Supergirl is too light for my tastes, and LoT & Flash are kinda enjoyable but cheesy as hell. Th only comic book shows I still enjoy are AoS, Preacher and surprisingly, Lucifer, mostly due to Tom Ellis. I'm not counting the Netflix as shows cause I binge watch them. So I'm open to another great CBTV Show, and this looks like it'll fit the bill.

iron-man-gif.gif

I'm even more excited for this now. I have the X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus on order as well. :)

Never heard of the comic. Looked it up, seems interesting.

Ironically enough it is also very similar to the premise of a Brandon Sanderson novel, also titled Legion. Always thought that would make a great tv show.

Its basically about a schizophrenic who can create hallucinatory personalities that are experts in a certain field and can learn remarkably fast. For example, if he needs an expert on math to help him out, he can imagine a new personality, and then skim though a book on advanced mathematics. He will neither understand nor absorb most of it, but the new personality he has created will, and can repeat back and explain the information to him as needed. He has personalities for foreign languages, combat, weapons, history, ect.

He uses these powers to solve crime.

Last edited:
Never heard of the comic. Looked it up, seems interesting.

Ironically enough it also is similar to the premise of a Brandon Sanderson novel, also titled Legion. Always thought that would make a great tv show.

Its basically about a schizophrenic who can create hallucinatory personalities that are experts in a certain field and can learn remarkably fast. For example, if he needs an expert on math to help him out, he can imagine a new personality, and then skim though a book on advanced mathematics. He will neither understand nor absorb most of it, but the new personality he has created will, and can repeat back and explain the information to him as needed.

He uses these powers to solve crime.

Sounds pretty cool. Legion is pretty powerful though and he can do...well...a lot of things. I'm not sure what this show is about or how they're using the character, but it might be interesting. It looks better than the CW shows as far as the tone and overall quality.

Back