Anybody else getting the Buffy season 8 comic...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me! Me! Me!

Everything I've seen and read about it looks and sounds great!

I was very disappointed when it was pushed back a week — it should have been in my sweaty mits, now!

Well I got hold of a preview copy and I wasn't all that impressed, sadly. But it this first issue is only the 'scene setter' so we'll see how it goes on.

Ah.

So I shouldn't tell you about how she wakes up in bed with Xander in the first three pages...?

I can't wait for this. It's how I'm gonna train my girlfriend to read comics. :emperor

Mine's ordered. Can't believe it was pushed back a week, I really wanted to be reading it by now. Oh, well, it WILL be here soon!

CANT FREAKIN WAIT!
I've got it ordered at my local comic shop and ordered the variant cover signed by George Jeanty the artist .
whoooo

Darklord Dave said:
Waiting for the hard cover collection...

SO NO SPOILERS!

EVER!

Yeah Im a hardcover comics man myself, but I need to read these as they come out as well. For me it would be like having a new season aired on television, yet waiting for the DVD instead. not gonna happen!
Need ma Buffy fix:rolleyes:

I'm in as well. I managed to get the last issue of the Spike series and now I'm looking for the rest.

I'm in the Buffy Collector Club, so I'm supposed to get a few free issues. I will probably buy the variant covers at the local comic store. I thought about waiting for the trade paperback, but I want to show the maximum amount of support for this Buffy venture. And comics are cheap.

I rushed to Newbury Comics after work Wednesday only to find out it got pushed back a week. :banghead

Is there only one variant cover for the first issue? Any online exclusive covers?

Georges Jeanty is going to be at the Emerald City Comicon in a couple weeks....Come on up to Seattle Buffy fans...the rains not that bad! :lol

I have the first two issued ordered from my local comic shop, but since it's an import, I'm sure it'll be a while until I get to read them. I just hope no one gives too many spoilers on this board so that I can read it fresh like a virgin.

I am. I really am enjoying them also. I am also reading Angel After the Fall. not bad.

I kind of fell behind but just read through 10 and 11. Eh. I'm not feeling the whole supervillain vs. Buffy thing with #11, but this arc is just beginning so hoping it gets better. Surprisingly, I liked Brian Vaughn's Faith and Giles arc much more than the issues that Joss has written so far. The whole Buffy minus her Scoobies (except good old Xander, of course, though he's coming off a bit one-dimensional support-o guy these days) has little appeal to me.

I thought the Faith arc has been the best story, but the dialog is pure Buffy. I'm not digging the super villain big bad either. I always felt Buffy should be dealing with real world/supernatural instead of comic super powers.

Back