John Carpenters Vampires.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1971

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Of all the Vampire movies out there my favorite is John Carpenters Vampires. James Woods is awsome in this movie. Its one of my favorite dvd's I watch all the time. I think the acting is great and the storyline is excellent. I just wish SideShow would make a Jack Crow figure as well as a Valek The Vampire fig as well. Anyone else like this movie as much as I do? :emperor

Yeah, It was OK...but Carpenters movies, in my opinion, have gotten worse as he gets older...I mean this and Ghosts of Mars are OK, but pale in comparison to Halloween, The Thing, Escape from NY and even They Live...

darth dyp**** said:
Yeah, It was OK...but Carpenters movies, in my opinion, have gotten worse as he gets older...I mean this and Ghosts of Mars are OK, but pale in comparison to Halloween, The Thing, Escape from NY and even They Live...
"They Live", isn't that the '80's movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper in it? I saw that in the theater when it came out. I love that flick! We need some figs from that one too.

Cocoboloboy said:
"They Live", isn't that the '80's movie with Rowdy Roddy Piper in it? I saw that in the theater when it came out. I love that flick! We need some figs from that one too.

That's the one. "They Live" has THE best line in it ever:

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Yea, that line in THEY LIVE was great. I love JC's Vampires. I think it's a great popcorn movie. Woods and Guinee are great. Plus the creepy guy who plays the Val was the creepy guy who played the karate teacher in The Karate Kid III.

I love James Woods, but this movie was weak. From Classics such as The Thing, Halloween, They Live and Big Trouble in Little China, he's been putting out some bad stuff in recent years.

Last edited:
PIPER HAS CANCER AND THAT MOVIE (VAMPIRES) WAS WEAK...

Never been a big fan of this film. In fact as someone else said John Carpenters later films pretty much stink. I pretty much agre with that.

I Love - Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Thing, The Fog, and Christine.

I enjoy - Dark Star, Escape From New York, Starman, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, and They Live.

I can live with - Big Trouble in Little China.

I pretty much hate - Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness, Village of the Damned, and Vampires.

Two of the worst films I have ever seen - Escape from LA and Ghost of Mars

JAWS said:
Never been a big fan of this film. In fact as someone else said John Carpenters later films pretty much stink. I pretty much agre with that.

I Love - Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Thing, The Fog, and Christine.

I enjoy - Dark Star, Escape From New York, Starman, Memoirs of an Invisible Man, and They Live.

I can live with - Big Trouble in Little China.

I pretty much hate - Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness, Village of the Damned, and Vampires.

Two of the worst films I have ever seen - Escape from LA and Ghost of Mars

I agree The very first films were good but everything after just felt uninspired on Carpenters behalf. And I for one couldn't stand ghosts of mars. That was terrible. And the fog was garbage, but everything else I can at least tolorate.:D

One of the best vampyre film is Near Dark.

Best Carpenter movie, is of course,Halloween...a Classic.
The thing comes 2nd for me.

I loved big trouble in litle China also...:eek:

Back