BLOOD FATHER (2016) Mel Gibson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIBBY1957DOG

Super Freak
Reaction score

apologies if this it being discussed elsewhere ,but i didn't see it ,
watched this last night ,i knew nothing about it and i had low expectations going in but i thought it was excellent ,a return to form for mad mel ,almost like riggs from the weapon flicks took a different path ,instead of being a cop and having his wife murdered by bad guys ,he became a biker tattooist bad ass whose wife divorced him and left him estranged from his daughter ,
seems to reflect a lot of mel's own trials and tribulations with the hurt his excesses caused to himself and others
anyway thought a few on here would enjoy it

I Watched this yesterday ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! A 10 in my book from start to end fast, full of fun action. Mel IS BACK!:rock

That trailer might hurt anyone who was hoping for another Mad Max with Mel. Looks like he could easily have pulled it off.

It felt like old crazy Riggs/Max just no holding back on this one. I would compare it to Arnolds Sabotage movie type feel just pure bad @$$!

Even though Mel has gone a bit bonkers in the last few years, hell I would go bonkers if I had his lifestyle. :exactly:
He is still a very good actor.
I think he could of still done the job as Max on Fury Road, Hardy is a bit of a pale imitation of the real Max Rockatansky.

9/10 and further evidence of how FURY ROAD would have been even better had Miller brought Mel back.

Even though Mel has gone a bit bonkers in the last few years, hell I would go bonkers if I had his lifestyle. :exactly:
He is still a very good actor.
I think he could of still done the job as Max on Fury Road, Hardy is a bit of a pale imitation of the real Max Rockatansky.
Agree and was thinking the same while watching this hope he comes back as Max later on also if they ever make another Max Payne movie he should play Max. Blood Father was pretty cool probably be picking it up.

Glad to see this getting some good feedback. Thought it looked like it had potential to be an enjoyably gritty B Movie ride when I clocked the trailer a while back. There's no doubt Gibson still has the onscreen charisma to carry a movie, but I don't think he'll ever be permitted a full scale comeback. Too many people in positions of power p****d off and too much PC posturing from the press for them to ever forgive and forget.

I would LOVE ,LOVE a revisit to the wastelands with Max but dont see it happening even tho would easily make millions! Gringo not even in comparisson to this one imo just pure bad ass n fast film.

Back