Garage kit help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverYoung

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a garage kit from Japan for Arcee where the ball joints go together ok but if anything bumps the cabinet it is in, parts fall off. They are loose enough that I don't think clear nail polish coating will not tighten them up enough. I don't want to use milliput as I don't want it to harden.

I want to put a little something in there to secure it more, but not be permanent. Any recommendations on products? Maybe Super Sculpey without baking it? I've read plumber's putty can weaken plastic. Does Sculpey over time? I imagine it will be on there a few years. Any tips are appreciated!

How about poster/earthqiake putty? It seems to be inert based on years of use. I use it sometimes to keep on parts.

Anything like Milliput or Super Sculpey is a bad idea. The chemicals they are imbued with could leach into the plastic.

That's a great idea! I even have some at the house so I'll give it a try. Thanks Star Puffs!

Back