I dont blame Sideshow... (Jason related.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu-Vapor00725

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've been collecting the Sideshow Jason's for a while now, and like everyone on the board, I'm eagerly waiting for the next Jason. The most logical choice for the next Jason would be jason 8 and then Roy, but after seeing, Jason 8 on tv not to long ago I kind of felt disapointed. I didn't quite remember how he looked in that movie, but gosh I sure wish I hadn't. For those of you who dont remember heres a link:
https://horror.1nsan3.com/Pics/f-13_8_8.jpg

The Jason look in this movie completly sucked. Now many on this board probably have been saying the same thing for months, but I dont understand why it took me so long to grasp it. Anyway I think Roy should be the next figure made because, even if he is quite generic and a crappy killer with the most stupid motivations I have ever seen, his mask is probably more visually stunning then Jason 8 face alone. I probably will get a lot of lip for this, but seriously what happened with this look? What a downgrade from the look used in Jason 7. No wonder nobody liked this movie lol. Anyway thats all I wanted to say.

You didn't like how jason could just teleport anywhere?

His real fice is pretty stupid looking, but the dark rotted clothes and discolored mask make up for it. SS will make him.

I think I have to rewatch part 8, it's been years. And now matter how crappy a Jason looks, people will be buy it.

his face was all melt down because of the toxic waste....

I haven't watched part 8 in forever....I forgot his face looked like that. I think if SSC could capture that look it'd be cool on a shelf next to the others.

I will never watch part 8 again. I saw it once and hated it.

I love 1-7 but that's about it. FvJ was ok but not on the same level.

Actually, I have seen part 8 recently and I still enjoy it. It is no where near the "classics" but it has its moments. And its Kane "f'n" Hodder - the best of all the Jason actors. Just watching him stride through the movie and kill a couple of pretty teens is worth the price of admission LOL. I admit whole heartedly that the ending was pure crap though. The very concept that toxic waste would be run through the sewers at night ... public sewers open to just about anyone ... and that they would regress Jason to a child ... well, that bonehead plot device is up there with Druid Micheal Myers and Vagina Fetus Jason. If not for the horrible ending, I think that movie would be rated better by horror fans.

And the "boxing" match on the roof top is still one of my favorite kills of all time.

DouglasMcc said:
Actually, I have seen part 8 recently and I still enjoy it. It is no where near the "classics" but it has its moments. And its Kane "f'n" Hodder - the best of all the Jason actors. Just watching him stride through the movie and kill a couple of pretty teens is worth the price of admission LOL. I admit whole heartedly that the ending was pure crap though. The very concept that toxic waste would be run through the sewers at night ... public sewers open to just about anyone ... and that they would regress Jason to a child ... well, that bonehead plot device is up there with Druid Micheal Myers and Vagina Fetus Jason. If not for the horrible ending, I think that movie would be rated better by horror fans.

And the "boxing" match on the roof top is still one of my favorite kills of all time.

Same here.... I still like it because it is a Jason movie and sadly one of the first I saw as a kid. But damn the ending was lame... so were most of the kills and the utter LACK of actual NY bits. Very disappointing film. Not as bad as Jason X though...:lol

I still like the design though and would maybe buy it if they made it look really good. I'm limiting myself to 3 Jason figures....:rolleyes:

At least Kane did his job well.... That's about it.

DarkArtist81 said:

You know...

I really, really, REALLY didn't like Hodder's Jason but I know that a lot of fans really dig it.

Don't know why but, to me, he didn't have that...je nais se quoi...he became more of a robot.

Kirsinger was a huge step forward and he didn't do much!

I have a soft spot for Kane Pre-Jason X only really because of nostalgia... he was the Jason I grew up with.

Ken was really good in the part as well, brought a lot of intensity to the role. Something that had been lacking since Part 6.

Last really physical Jason that moved at a speed that I liked was Jason 4. I just want him to not be so slow and methodical. Make him a little faster, like he is so excited to finish his victim. Childlike....like his mind. :lecture

:lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Same here.... I still like it because it is a Jason movie and sadly one of the first I saw as a kid. But damn the ending was lame... so were most of the kills and the utter LACK of actual NY bits. Very disappointing film. Not as bad as Jason X though...:lol

I still like the design though and would maybe buy it if they made it look really good. I'm limiting myself to 3 Jason figures....:rolleyes:

I feel the same exact way about this movie. The ending was just horrible, how on earth can toxic waste make someone a baby, I mean what idiot said hey this would be an awsome climax! This still baffles me (Oh wait this must have been the same guy who said Jason in space would be cool. Sorry, now not so baffling.) And Jason teleporting isnt that bad. I mean I brather them insinuate that he teleportes, rather then they tell me he walks slow and still caches up with his victims. But the last straw had to be when they showed his face. It looked like a smiley face :). It just looks terrible. He dont even look menacing without the mask. And for a movie with the name Manhattan in it it sure didn't deliver in the location part. There was hardly any new york. But enough complaining. I'm not saying sideshow shouldnt do this Jason, but I understand their choice on leaving him last for their to do list. I wouldnt mind having him made, heck I love Jason, and would probably buy it anyway, but rather have a roy instead before having a jason 8. Just my two cents. Boy did I write a lot lol.:lol

This movie all in all was terrible. Jasons look was horrible as well as the storyline and the acting. Kane Hodders performance as Jason stood out and was the only highlight for me. Friday Part 8 was forgettable just as some of the other Friday sequals were. The only parts I like is 1-4 and Part 7. Part 7 was the ultimate Jason in my book and Kane made Jason an unstoppable force. Jasons looks also was awsome.

:chew

Shai Hulud said:
his face was all melt down because of the toxic waste....
:lecture :lecture
And now shai we must teach them

Right, his face wasnt like that the whole movie but infact Im sure that they dont even show his face until its all half melted away.

I think this will be a GREAT jason!!
A fresh mask
wet clothes
Bloody harpoon gun
Im just as excited about roy though

Anythings gotta be better than the FVJ figure, Been putting that one off for a while cus I reall dont like Jason in that movie But I HAD to have all the jason dolls and I must say Its the biggest dissapointment Ive ever experienced with any sideshow doll.

To bring up another thread, yes they are dolls, scary dolls but still dolls.
:lecture

KANE ruled in Part 7 and Jason X.

Part 8 is the second worst of the series after part 5.

Stupid film and stupid looking jason. Kane even sucked playing the role.

I think Kane has done awsome work in the couple of sequels he has been in including Jason 8. I mean come on the guy has very little to work with. It was kind of a slap in the face when they replaced him in FVJ. Maybe that is why you dont like that Jason that much toddaray. :huh

Blu-Vapor00725 said:
I think Kane has done awsome work in the couple of sequels he has been in including Jason 8. I mean come on the guy has very little to work with. It was kind of a slap in the face when they replaced him in FVJ. Maybe that is why you dont like that Jason that much toddaray. :huh

I felt in Part 8 and 9 that Kane was doing an impression of himself from part 7.

In other words it did not come off naturally. Just my opinion.

JAWS said:
I felt in Part 8 and 9 that Kane was doing an impression of himself from part 7.

In other words it did not come off naturally. Just my opinion.

wow for once I can say, I have the very same opinion. Like I said as every new sequel came out kane had a little less to work with making him way to stiff and rigid toward the end of his run with the Jason sequels. In other words a pale comparrison of his former self. But the guy did a hell of a good job, no matter what.:D

Back