Is Obi wan and first Darth Vader Premium Format worth picking up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afattori

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have an eBay seller who has offered me both premium format Ben and Vader ANH for 800.00 shipped. Both are new with shipper. He is getting back to make sure both sabers work. Both are standard edition. I have as of yet purchased any star wars Premium Formats. Appreciate any advice and help. thanks

IMO, yes - absolutely. By themselves they are great pieces, together they are even better. Some people bash the Vader, but remember it was a very early SW PF for SS. Also, with the new movies coming out, it could be a long time, if ever, they do another Obi-wan Kenobi PF. I had both and would have kept them if my focus hadn't changed, they are classic pieces.

As slynger sais.. those are very old statues.. and to me.. I did not purchased them. They seam off to me... but might still look nice as a pair. Price is ok..but its really a personal choice if you like what you see.. I do not.. there are so many other great SW pieces out there that would take priority over those two imo

IMO, yes - absolutely. By themselves they are great pieces, together they are even better. Some people bash the Vader, but remember it was a very early SW PF for SS. Also, with the new movies coming out, it could be a long time, if ever, they do another Obi-wan Kenobi PF. I had both and would have kept them if my focus hadn't changed, they are classic pieces.

Awesome. Thank you. How's the price for both shipped? Appreciate your feedback.

As slynger sais.. those are very old statues.. and to me.. I did not purchased them. They seam off to me... but might still look nice as a pair. Price is ok..but its really a personal choice if you like what you see.. I do not.. there are so many other great SW pieces out there that would take priority over those two imo

Thanks myc. Appreciate it. Thanks in advance for opinions.

If anyone has either one, would appreciate pictures. Thanks guys and gals!

20160814_023519_resized_2.jpg

Here is mine.

I picked up both last year and feel they are a great set to have. Individually they are fine but much better together. I think I paid about $650 for both if I recall correctly. Worth getting IMO.

I almost always agree with MYC, but in this case I will have to offer my perspective. I have them both and I think if you get them together and position them in that classic stand-off pose, they blend in very well with any of the new statues. I think Obi-Wan is one of their better human likenesses and the tailoring on the outfit is pretty good. I'm not a Vader expert, so if there's flaws with the ANH costume, I don't see them. My only beef is the odd choice of bases, which never made much sense to me. I'm away from my collection at the moment, so will defer to others for pictures...

I almost always agree with MYC, but in this case I will have to offer my perspective. I have them both and I think if you get them together and position them in that classic stand-off pose, they blend in very well with any of the new statues. I think Obi-Wan is one of their better human likenesses and the tailoring on the outfit is pretty good. I'm not a Vader expert, so if there's flaws with the ANH costume, I don't see them. My only beef is the odd choice of bases, which never made much sense to me. I'm away from my collection at the moment, so will defer to others for pictures...

Thank you for the reply. Can you take a picture or two? Really appreciate your reply.

I picked up both last year and feel they are a great set to have. Individually they are fine but much better together. I think I paid about $650 for both if I recall correctly. Worth getting IMO.

Thank you for your reply. If you could post a picture or two would appreciate it.

I really like the ANH Vader Premium Format. It lacks in accuracy but I like the simple pose and base, clean and elegant.

JudgeDredd Stormtrooper statue 1.3 display.jpg

While I don't think the price is terrible for the pair (provided both are free of defects), I do think there are slightly better deals out there. Good luck.

While I don't think the price is terrible for the pair (provided both are free of defects), I do think there are slightly better deals out there. Good luck.

If you come across a better deal please lmk. I keep looking everyday. I agree, 800.00 is top on my want to pay. 700.00 shipped would be better.

I had both but was never happy with vader. Sold them both but obi is the better of the 2

Back