Hello from Ontario Canada!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverYoung

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been buying more statues over the last year and less action figures. This led me to the Sideshow site which I've been checking on regularly, then their Facebook, and now here.

Setting up my man cave. I'll post pics when it's largely done though the statue collection doesn't measure up with many on here (yet, hehe). I collected Transformers, was a completist, then refined to the motorcycles and ones I just liked. At the same time I collected DC figures and many comic series, as well as Ghostbuster memorabilia. I stopped for a while due to priorities of life, then jumped back in several years ago.

Other than that, middle age with a career that has a mix of blue and white collar elements, family to care for (2 young boys), fish and enjoy riding my motorcycle in my leisure time besides a little gaming.

Welcome, I dabbled in hot toys action figures but have gone exclusively with statues myself. Prime 1 has some amazing G1 transformers statues coming out with the price to match.

I understand the kids thing myself, I have three with my oldest heading to college this year. The good part about kids besides them being amazing is they make you more selective on what you can buy.

Thanks all! I'm looking forward to learning more! Yes, kids do force us to be more picky and I've decided that's a good thing. (Mine are only 8 and 10.)

I'm finding I never really move the action figures or Transformers and play with them, and get sooo much more joy looking at a well done statue that I feel like I've found a better "home" for now in the collecting hobby.

The Prime1 statues are nice. I was surprised at how my mother-in-law commented that she didn't like the HardHero collection when she came in to see how progress was going setting up the room.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Thanks all! I'm looking forward to learning more! Yes, kids do force us to be more picky and I've decided that's a good thing. (Mine are only 8 and 10.)

I'm finding I never really move the action figures or Transformers and play with them, and get sooo much more joy looking at a well done statue that I feel like I've found a better "home" for now in the collecting hobby.

The Prime1 statues are nice. I was surprised at how my mother-in-law commented that she didn't like the HardHero collection when she came in to see how progress was going setting up the room.

Same with me I never moved my action figures so why not just get statues. 8 and 10 are very fun ages.

LOL my wife comments on my statues all the time, I go with what I like!! :)

Back