DC Direct 13" Superman (Classic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Super Freak
Reaction score
DCD13SupermanV2.jpg

Anybody pick this up today? As usual, mine is on order from Marc @ Alter Ego....should arrive on Monday!

I'm considering picking this up and the Classic Batman for my classroom display...

I knew you would ask Jase!

I saw them at my LCS today. On 3 of the four the jaw line by the neck was flared out instead of tapering in, so they looked weird. I don't know if it is just a softer plastic that has warped a little along the jaw. I did pick up the one that the head wasn't warped on and it looked more like the head sculpt on the box. I haven't had time to open it until I get home from work but here are my initial impressions.

Suit looks bettter, darker blue. Boots look like a leather/pleather material but it looks like the zippers on the boots is back, kind of hard to tell in the box. The S emblem is done like the Flash chest symbol.

Pics later tonight!

Natrix said:
I knew you would ask Jase!

Pics later tonight!

:lol

Yep...it's no secret that I love this line! Thanks for your initial thoughts on the figure Natrix! I eagerly await your usual awesome pics!

Jase said:
:lol

Yep...it's no secret that I love this line! Thanks for your initial thoughts on the figure Natrix! I eagerly await your usual awesome pics!

I don't know how awesome my pictures are, I think they are pretty crappy...:lol

The pictures won't be up until later tonight or tomorrow. Something came up after work but I will try to get some comparision pictures up tonight.

Natrix said:
I don't know how awesome my pictures are, I think they are pretty crappy...:lol

The pictures won't be up until later tonight or tomorrow. Something came up after work but I will try to get some comparision pictures up tonight.

Well they are certainly better than the pics that I take! All I have is a cell phone camera. :rolleyes:

I have to say that this is by far one of the better DCD 13'' figures. I may be biased as I love anything Superman but DCD learned from their last version and this one shows it. Better cape, belt, suit and head scuplt. The colors are better as well. More vibrant and Superman IMO. The symbol is my only compliant as it has a slight gloss to it but not to bad. I would have perfered something like the 1/4 statue has but I can't be too picky. Anyways if you are a Superman fan I suggest pick it - you may just like it. :chew

It's nice, I saw it in person today, but pales in comparison to Captain Marvel. I guess I might be a little biased, but still, it's on a scale from 1-10 a 7 for me, as where Cap is like a 9 (as far as this line goes.) I might get one if I can get a deal on it one day, but it's still missing something. I think because the Captain Marvel has such a Ross feel I like it more, and wish Superman had the same Ross feel. They should just base all their head sculpts on Alex Ross' work. For a 1/6 collection, his style is best suited.

Batman5 said:
I have to say that this is by far one of the better DCD 13'' figures. I may be biased as I love anything Superman but DCD learned from their last version and this one shows it. Better cape, belt, suit and head scuplt. The colors are better as well. More vibrant and Superman IMO. The symbol is my only compliant as it has a slight gloss to it but not to bad. I would have perfered something like the 1/4 statue has but I can't be too picky. Anyways if you are a Superman fan I suggest pick it - you may just like it. :chew
unfortunately they still haven't fixed those ugly upper biceps twist joints. That's the second biggest issue I have with their figures aside from scale. if they fixed those two issues I'd be buying most of their releases.

Yeah no doubt, Andy is the man! The Supes DOES look better in person for those on the line about this. If you can, try to get to a comic shop that has it just to look at it.

Picked him up too. The belt loops that were a problem on the first one are better here. I think they can still lose the big zippers, but he's pretty good all around.

One thing that may be a problem - the way the head and neck joint is designed the cheeks can flare out as Natrix mentioned. That part of the head is very thin due to the neck articulation, but I think a bit of heat will allow it be reshaped.

Here are some quick pictures as it is getting really late. I wanted to get a couple up tonight at least. I was running off of a faulty memory when I gave my initial impressions. The blue isn't really darker but a more muted solid, less shiny color of blue and I like it a lot better. The belt buckle is now yellow instead of gold, think I would have liked the gold buckle on the new one as well. There are zippers on the boots but this version seems to have stronger ankle joints or more flexible boots than the first version of Superman. The trunks are less Speedo like as well. The head sculpt is an improvement (except for the paint job on the bushy eyebrows) and after comparing the two side by side, I am very happy with him as an upgrade over the first release.

Thank you Natrix! I'm liking the looks of the new release over the first one. I think that I'll finally open up that Clark Kent side of the first release Supes and change him into his secret identity. It's either that or put him back in the box cause I will be displaying the new Superman with the rest of my 13" DCD. I think maybe they should've had the "s" shield a little higher on this new Supes though.

Thanks again!

Back