PDA

View Full Version : Pixar's WALL-E

Giant Chicken
03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Wow! This film sounds like it will be amazing. The story, direction and animation sound unique.

1. The first 1/3 of the film will be SILENT (well... no talking)

2. The last 2/3 will have real live HUMANS in the film.

Also, the story is somewhat political...

Sounds like a great film to me.

Read More At: WALL-E (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/02/27/toon-tuesday-again.aspx)

tomandshell
03-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Happy Feet incorporated live action humans in the last quarter of the film and it really took me by surprise. I would have KILLED to have a few minutes of silence in that one.

I think I will like this one about 100 times more than Happy Feet.

Giant Chicken
03-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Happy Feet incorporated live action humans in the last quarter of the film and it really took me by surprise.

ohh... I was not aware.

I suppose I should not assume anything. :o

tomandshell
03-06-2007, 12:41 AM
For example--don't assume that Happy Feet deserved the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. I really didn't like it that much. The only time I was really paying attention was when the real people showed up near the end.

LOTRFan
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM
For example--don't assume that Happy Feet deserved the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. I really didn't like it that much. The only time I was really paying attention was when the real people showed up near the end.

I think it was due to the "Green Oscars" this year. :dunno

Batty
06-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. It's already getting great reviews.

And I just saw these very cool looking Eric Tan posters. I guess the first one was handed out as a postcard at SDCC last year.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4858/tanwalle11er0.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8733/wdwalle05xlom9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

djklambake
06-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Real live humans?

Crap...

darthviper107
06-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I really want to see this film, I think it's going to be great. Can't go wrong with Pixar.

Blackhole
06-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Real live humans?

Crap...

I saw the trailer, they look like all other PIXAR humans...

Not actual humans like Happy Feet...

In my opinion, Pixar has yet to do wrong...you want a kid's film, any Pixar film is the best choice...I even liked Cars...

The ill Jedi
06-23-2008, 06:48 AM
I really want to see this film, I think it's going to be great. Can't go wrong with Pixar.
My sentiments EXACTLY!

I've been looking forward to this (as I do with any Pixar film) one since it was announced. Pixar really knows what they are doing as these are not just 'Kids' movies as they appeal to adults as well. I have no doubt that this will be brilliant and I'll be seeing it this weekend.

RJMacReady16
06-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Took the kids to see it today---absolutely loved it.

After two weak efforts IMO with "Cars" & "Ratattouie", PIXAR has knocked this one out of the park.

Les Walker
06-27-2008, 07:51 PM
I just saw this one! :D

There is not a word large enough to describe this one.

GREAT is not big enough....

CLASSIC is better...

LANDMARK....is for sure more like it...

One of my all-time favorites, is for sure.
WAY BEST ANIMATED MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I like how it feels when I walk out of a movie knowing I have just seen a true family classic for the first time. Like The Wizard of Oz, or Willy Wonka (the original, not that insult of a remake!), or Pinocchio, or Beauty and the Beast, or Lion King or The Iron Giant...

Or most of Pixar's work....most...

Fantastic movie!

Take EVERYONE! :banana:banana:banana:banana

The ill Jedi
06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Took the kids to see it today---absolutely loved it.

After two weak efforts IMO with "Cars" & "Ratattouie", PIXAR has knocked this one out of the park.
Wow! Ratatouille, weak? :lol IMO, that movie is a masterpiece. Cars is not their best effort, but it was still better than most animated movies.

The ill Jedi
06-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I'll be seeing this tomorrow and I am STOKED!! :rock

I LOVE Pixar's films and have no doubt that this will automatically be at the top of my favorites. With my love of animation and robots this has been calling to me for a long time. I can't wait 'til tomorrow!!

wofford29
06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
I just got back as well Les. It's the best movie of 2008 by a long shot right now. It'll take a whole hell of a lot to knock this one out of my top three by years end. It's about as perfect as a movie can be. It's rare to find a movie that makes you think, laugh, and cry without hardly a word being spoken. This will easily win best animated film of 08, but I think it should get a nod in the best picture category as well. Incredible!

Wetanut
06-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Just saw it. Not enough words can explain my feelings for it. "Masterpiece" would pretty much define it for me. I will have to go see it again to try to catch all the subtle and infinitissimal animation work that I know I missed as I was caught up in each moment. This is ART. LOVED it. LOVED it. LOVED it!

JediFirefly
06-27-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree with everyone else. This movie was amazing. I also even think that the short film before the movie was hilarious and one of there best yet.

Malice
06-27-2008, 08:30 PM
damn i'm not going to be able to see this untill next wends. but i ,love pixar's work...............:banana:banana

plasmid303
06-27-2008, 08:55 PM
This was the most emotionally touching film I have seen thus far this year and more human than any film starring actual humans so far.

A future-romantic picaresque, I think it's Pixar's best film. If Wall-E doesn't win an Oscar for best animated film, there is no justice in this world.

SSC_Nerd
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Saw it, and absolutely loved it. They better not forget Peter Gabriel for "Down to Earth" when it comes to the Oscars. I'm a big fan of Gabriel, and I thought that song was great.

DarkArtist81
06-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Man... I really want to see this... I'll have to try and catch it this weekend. :rock

Sick Boy 82
06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Yea, can't wait to see this too!!!! Rolling Stone calls it the best Sci-Fi movie in YEARS, disguised as a cartoon!!

Rogue Trooper
06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Got to wait until the 19th for it to be released here, from the trailers it looks awesome.

Going to get the delux wall-e and repaint it, should all right scale amongst the collection.

Luchador138
06-28-2008, 12:26 AM
This maybe Pixar's Citizen Kane, how can they ever top this movie!? I just got out of the theaters and I'm not ashamed to say I cried, it was that freaking good! And I usually don't ever cry. Comes with being tough I guess ;). It was a great anniversary present for me and my eve ;)

IronFingaz
06-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Wow! Ratatouille, weak? :lol IMO, that movie is a masterpiece. Cars is not their best effort, but it was still better than most animated movies.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

IronFingaz
06-28-2008, 07:19 AM
It won't reach denmark until August 29th :monkey2 :mad: But i am definitely seeing it opening day. I've been looking forward to it since i first heard about it.

Luchador138
06-28-2008, 09:00 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Louie138/89e32f00.jpg
I saw this Maquette at Disney's California last year, and I'd kill for one now :)

UTtoyfan
06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I just saw this, and I just LOVED IT! It was a great romance story(and one I didn't even know was coming!)
I am a softie, and I cried as well :monkey2

Pixar just continues to amaze me.

The Mike
06-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Never saw Ratatouille but I loved CARS.....

How did this play out?

Fred Willard as Shelby Forthright, CEO of Buy and Large. Only Jeff Garlin's part is an animated role. The character of Shelby Forthright will actually be live action, a first for a Pixar movie.

SSC_Nerd
06-28-2008, 02:29 PM
They don't interact with any of the CG characters. Fred Willard among a few other people with in short videos that played on screens at times. It worked, so it didn't feel out of place or anything.

Darklord Dave
06-28-2008, 02:57 PM
It's amazing that Pixar can keep topping itself. I liked Kung Fu Panda and thought it had advanced computer animation beyond where it had been before. But this movie takes it to another level completely. There are so many subtleties of character - particularly difficult to do with robots where a tilt of a wheel or a reflection in an eye lense can change the emotion completely.

I do have to say that this film wasn't as funny as Ratatouielle or Invincibles or either Toy Story, but it had more suspense and really played more like a more mature film than anything they've done before.

And the short before the film had me screaming with laughter.

wofford29
06-28-2008, 03:04 PM
And the short before the film had me screaming with laughter.

I loved the short as well. It took me back to the glory days of Bug's Bunny messing with a composer on stage, or a tenor, or sabatoging a daffy duck act. It was perfect.

jml969
06-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Just got back from watching this movie- Awesome stuff. The mini- film prior to the movie was great also. Awesome animation, rendering, story line ... definitely one of the better movies I've seen recently

RJMacReady16
06-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Yeah, for Pixar it was pretty weak in my opinion.

After Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Incredibles, etc etc it felt weak anyway.

FQRizzo
06-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Saw WALL-E yesterday. Easily one of the best movies this year. Right up there with the Incredibles for my favorite Pixar movie.

CAhobbit
06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Saw it earlier toady and very much enjoyed it. Good story, great animation and wonderful new characters. I have to say though, I do prefer 'Ratatouille' (still my favorite of the Pixar films) over 'Wall-E'. I just liked the characters and story a bit more than this latest offering from Pixar/Disney.

Buttmunch
06-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Just got back from this. Meh. Exactly what I was expecting though. Didn't do anything for me. I'd give it 1 1/2 out of 4 stars, one full star just being the great animation. Lame story and too much "WAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLEEEE"s and "EEVVVVVVAAAAAAAAA"s for my tastes. We got it after the first 20 :rolleyes:

I expect it to be nominated for best sound though, and obviously animated film. But at least I saw it for free.

IrishJedi
06-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Saw it tonight with the kids. LOVED it.

Not only a solid animated flick, it's also one of the best love stories I've seen in a while.

tomandshell
06-30-2008, 10:53 PM
One of my favorites from Pixar, for sure. My youngest son was getting quite restless and wasn't into it--but I loved it to death.

If Disney had made this, WALL-E would still have watched old movies all by himself (probably The Lion King) but since Pixar made it, he watched an old videotape of Hello, Dolly, played back through a tiny iPod screen and blown up by a big magnifying glass. They just have an extra level of imagination that touches everything they do.

I think that they did a good job balancing the usual cuteness of the characters with the somewhat subversive and darker tone of the film's plot and backstory. Much more social commentary (and even an underlying pessimism) compared to their other work, which made this a very interesting "kid's movie" in my opinion.

Luchador138
06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
One of my favorites from Pixar, for sure. My youngest son was getting quite restless and wasn't into it--but I loved it to death.

If Disney had made this, WALL-E would still have watched old movies all by himself (probably The Lion King) but since Pixar made it, he watched an old videotape of Hello, Dolly, played back through a tiny iPod screen and blown up by a big magnifying glass. They just have an extra level of imagination that touches everything they do.

I think that they did a good job balancing the usual cuteness of the characters with the somewhat subversive and darker tone of the film's plot and backstory. Much more social commentary (and even an underlying pessimism) compared to their other work, which made this a very interesting "kid's movie" in my opinion.

I agree, hell even the soundtrack can be dark at times. I feel this is a film and not a kids movie, as for the haters out there its better than anything Pixar has ever done, they are growing and evolving and showing that they can make art.

tomandshell
06-30-2008, 11:57 PM
I hope this makes enough money that they feel they can do something different now and then and still be profitable.

Darklord Dave
07-01-2008, 12:04 AM
I think Finding Nemo was one of their biggest hits and, IMO, one of their weakest outings. But that's what I really like about Lasseter, I don't think he's out to make the big bucks. That might not be approved of at Corporate Mouse headquarters, but he doesn't really have to answer to them.
But it looks like Wall-E will be fine in the $ department and should carry it into the kudos season where it's likely to pick up some statues to boost the BO even more.

Odowankenobi
07-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I went in to this movie with very high expectations. Pixar has yet to make a bad movie, so I was ready for another knockout. It didn't disappoint. In fact, it blew me away. I had a huge grin on my face through the whole thing. Not a note didn't ring true. There wasn't a shot that didn't feel just right. It's a masterpiece. It's not only a great family movie, it's a great science fiction movie, and great social commentary. There is so much charm, humor, and drama packed into this film. I loved it. I'm in love with it. It's the best movie I've seen so far this year. I'll go see it again for sure, and I'll own it on DVD the day it comes out. It's just magic.

woodsy
07-01-2008, 07:55 AM
We went and saw this last night and it is a terrific movie. I wouldn't quite put it on the level of The Incredibles [my favorite Pixar film] but it's close. The animation was absolutely first rate and the interaction between WALL E and EVE was amazing...esp. considering they're robots. The only fault I could see, and it's a minor one...is that I don't think it's really suitable for younger kids. My youngest is 7 and he was OK, but the first half of the movie is quite slow and I noticed alot of the younger kids in the audience becoming quite restless.

bagelsncheesey
07-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Fantastic movie. Saw it over the weekend with my wife. A great story, and the animation was really well done. Definitely a must buy on Blu.

UTtoyfan
07-01-2008, 08:04 AM
We went and saw this last night and it is a terrific movie. I wouldn't quite put it on the level of The Incredibles [my favorite Pixar film] but it's close. The animation was absolutely first rate and the interaction between WALL E and EVE was amazing...esp. considering they're robots. The only fault I could see, and it's a minor one...is that I don't think it's really suitable for younger kids. My youngest is 7 and he was OK, but the first half of the movie is quite slow and I noticed alot of the younger kids in the audience becoming quite restless.

I was seeing that too. I was like, these kids have no idea what they are watching!:lol

I definitely can not wait for the Blu-ray release, and hope Disney eventually gets moving on the previous Pixar movies that aren't out yet (Toys, Monsters, Bug's, Incredibles, etc).

Shropt
07-01-2008, 08:20 AM
I think this movie was a great example of where Pixar wants to go. They wanted to leave Disney so they could make more adult movies.

My wife and I loved this film. I couldn't help but compare Wall-E to R2-D2 and I would almost say I like Wall-E better. The music felt very Williams-esque in the dark scenes too.

I would almost go so far as to say this movie was one of the top 5 greatest movies I've ever seen. If they hadn't used live action in some scenes I probably would have given it top billing.

This will be a must-buy for Blu.

Andy Bergholtz
07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Saw this over the weekend, BRILLIANT film. The scenes aboard the AXIOM were not as captivating as they could've been... But the entire first half of the film (and everything between Wall-e and Eve) was absolute brilliance in every possible way. I mean, almost best picture quality, in my opinion.

Kuzeh
07-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I loved it!! But it feels kind of like 2 separate movies, I think the first half is deeper, and the second one just plain fun...Amazing job by Pixar...

Les Walker
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Saw it again Sunday night. Late feature. NO ONE THERE, not in little Waycross....anyway, my buddy Brian and I enjoyed the hell out of it. For me, again, it was great. I noticed more, like the music and the way it all worked. Saw so many more things that connected this part to that. SO MUCH THOUGHT went into this movie! Amazing. Love the end credits also, with that awesome Peter Gabriel song.
What's funny is, the humor was even better second go round.

The Rube Goldberg robotics and all, like the huge robot, clicking keys oh so slowly, and that HUGE eye looking around. You felt sorry for that one. My friend asked "why are the robots clicking keys?" and then we realized because the people were supposed to be doing that stuff, and just got too lazy to.
Nothing was as funny in the whole movie though, to me, as that one part where the Paint Bot had left that stripe into that closet, and the Steward Bot comes along and see the paint stripe on the floor and says, simply "WRONG!" I laughed at all that stuff. So much humor with one or no words.

Amazing work. For me, this one is WAY better than anything else Pixar has done. To me. Love them all though. Best studio out there in my opinion.

I've now bought almost all the small figure characters. No sign of an AUTO though. Some must not be out yet.

IrishJedi
07-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I think I want to get the big expensive WALL-E robot.

The ill Jedi
07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I finally saw Wall-E yesterday...

...Words can not describe how much I LOVED and ADORED this movie, from beginning to end I was in awe. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Pixar are Masters of their craft and they truly created something that both captivated and inspired me. In Wall-E they melded so many elements that I love in a movie; Robots, Sci-Fi, Animation, but most importantly they gave it HEART and a great message. I dare say that Wall-E has now dethroned my other all time favorite Pixar movie Ratatouille and now sits atop the others. A very hard thing to accomplish considering that Toy Story, Monster's Inc. and The Incredibles all held that spot before. It's hard to imagine that Pixar can continue to outdo themselves, but they did and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'll be taking my Nephew and Niece to see it this weekend and I can't wait to own on Blu-Ray!

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Movie%20Pics/WALLPAPER_04_1024x768.jpg

Jessica
07-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I didn't think I would love it as much as I did. I cried too I must admit. It was hauntingly melancholy and pure genius.

piccolodaimaoh
07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I think I want to get the big expensive WALL-E robot.

That is exactly what I said when I walked out of the theater on Sunday.

This film was incredible. Not only should it beat Kung-Fu Panda for best Animated Film and the Oscars but should also be nominated for best film in any category.

This film reminded me of what it was like to see E.T. for the first time. The environmental message was right on target without ramming it down your throat.
Fred Willard was great as the President of Buy N Large.

What really stuck with me was how funny/scary it was to see a possible future of humans becoming over weight under worked sacks of fluid experiencing bone loss from having robots do everything for us. It made me want to go out and find that track. I didn't know we have a pool.

Also, the almost silent robots were some of the best actors I have ever seen. Wall E carried the first part of the film without saying a word. Well, maybe just Wall E. I will have to see this again.

Les Walker
07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't have a ToysRUs around, so I can't get to the toys, but I got these three online and repainted the WALL-E as best I could. I just can't get enough of these little guys!

EVE, WALL-E and good old MO!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/angremien/WALLEset001.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/angremien/WALLEset002.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/angremien/WALLEset003.jpg

These are the little ones. It didn't take me long to do some quick washes and rust stains on the little guy. If I get the larger interactive one, You can bet I will distress him also. LOVE these guys! I want the paint bot and that awesome massage bot! :D I'd even get a Steward and AUTO if I could find it.

Great stuff. SO BOUGHT when it comes out! :rock

The ill Jedi
07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't have a ToysRUs around, so I can't get to the toys, but I got these three online and repainted the WALL-E as best I could. I just can't get enough of these little guys!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/angremien/WALLEset002.jpg
Wow Les, your Wall-E looks fantastic!!! I have the same one sitting on my car dash and was thinking about getting another one to have repainted. I might have to enlist your services. :D I love all those little guys too and will be getting EVA ;) and M-O too! :rock

IrishJedi
07-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, great paint job as usual Les! :rock

Darklord Dave
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Hadn't thought about the toys - are they 1/6 scale? Looks like they could be.

Les Walker
07-02-2008, 05:19 AM
Hadn't thought about the toys - are they 1/6 scale? Looks like they could be.

No, they are a tad smaller. More like 1/8 maybe? Nice though. GET SOME! :D
I have the Reject Bots coming, and I love those too. Must have the massage Bot guy, and that Paint Bot. "Wrong!" great stuff!

DarkArtist81
07-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Wow Les.... that is amazing man! I still need to see this movie... Maybe this weekend.

Les Walker
07-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks guys and thanks DA.
Do go see this one Josh. It is a classic. Not many of those around these days. Kinda surprises you to see one. Most modern movies don't qualify.

Darren Carnall
07-02-2008, 08:22 AM
i think we get this on the 18th. Can't come fast enough.

IronFingaz
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
August 29th :monkey2

Agent23
07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna try to bring the kids to see it tomorrow. First day of Vacation!

:rock

The ill Jedi
07-03-2008, 10:23 AM
August 29th :monkey2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Misc/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

IronFingaz
07-03-2008, 04:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Misc/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Ouch man. Very ouch :monkey2

Darth Caedus
07-04-2008, 03:56 PM

Don't worry, it's worth the wait. Just got back from seeing it and it's an amazing movie.

uscmhicks
07-04-2008, 04:00 PM
really looking forward to this.
The dark knight , wall-e and tropic thunder are my most anticipated this year !

Its great because there all different genres !.

The ill Jedi
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll have seen it 3 times by then. :rock :lol

IronFingaz
07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I'll have seen it 3 times by then. :rock :lol

Just rub it in, why don't cha!!! :monkey4

Odowankenobi
07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I would see it multiple times, but there's Hellboy and Dark Knight coming out soon.

IrishJedi
07-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Question: Which is the most advanced and expensive WALL-E robot out/coming out? I've seen one for $69-$89 (the U-Control WALL-E), but I thought there was one between $100-$200. Anyone know?

Darth Caedus
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Question: Which is the most advanced and expensive WALL-E robot out/coming out? I've seen one for $69-$89 (the U-Control WALL-E), but I thought there was one between $100-$200. Anyone know?

Here's the $189 one

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33467

IrishJedi
07-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Here's the $189 one

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33467

Thanks, dude!

That looks/sounds just like the U-Control WALL-E, though.... which has been retailing for as low as $69 at some places. :confused:

Darth Caedus
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks, dude!

That looks/sounds just like the U-Control WALL-E, though.... which has been retailing for as low as $69 at some places. :confused:

Yea, and it looks like the Wall-E after he got cleaned by the cleaning robot :rotfl:rotfl

IrishJedi
07-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Aha! I figured it out. The images in that Gearlog article were of the $69 U-Control one that's out now.

The big 'un is called "Wall-E Ultimate Control" and TRU has it at $249.99 with a release date of 9/13/2008.

Here's a pic and the specs:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-4120657dt.jpg

Features

All movie-like robotic movement and integrated character animation is controlled by a next- generation, advanced micro processor to generate variable speeds integrated with smart-check position action & movement.

Sleep and auto shut-off modes.

Easy-to-use IR Remote Control.

Stands over 16" tall.

Includes 7.2V rechargeable power source. Remote requires 3 - AA batteries (not included).

Product Description

Wall"E really comes to life in this full-function robot with movie-like movement and original character voice & SFX. Turn-on WALL"E and he instantly comes alive with light-up eyes and realistic character expressions. His exceptionally cute personality soon emerges with his interactive original character voice, pre-programmed SFX and a range of highly advanced creative technology interfaces. Interactive play and pre-programmed IR controlled animation includes: Independent, motorized rubber treads for forward, reverse, left, right, tilt-forward chassis and 360* spins. Independent up/down arms with left/right wrists with rotating and gripping hand articulation. Fully articulated left/ right & tilt-up/down head unit. Independent eye components with tilt-up/down movement and realistic blinking light-up eyes. Wall-E's engaging, autonomous interactive-play with you and the environment is achieved through the addition of voice activation command and object avoidance sensors and pre-programmed character SFX. Audio sensors in his body allow him to respond (turns his head to the source) and react (then turns his body to the source and talk) for a very life-like, interactive experience.

Manufacturer's Age: 8 years and up

Our Recommended Age: 8 - 12 years (details)

Batteries: 3 AA batteries are required (not included)

Item #: 515510

SKU: C92C5853

UPC/EAN/ISBN: 064442602604

Manufacturer #: 60260

Darth Caedus
07-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I like the one Les posted MUCH more than that one.

Les Walker
07-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I like the one Les posted MUCH more than that one.

Thanks! But that one is only two and a half inches tall! :D
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/angremien/WALLEset001.jpg

I may get the interactive Wall-E sometime. Not sure about this newer one. Looks cool though.
Still love this movie....

FQRizzo
07-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Aha! I figured it out. The images in that Gearlog article were of the $69 U-Control one that's out now.

The big 'un is called "Wall-E Ultimate Control" and TRU has it at $249.99 with a release date of 9/13/2008.

Here's a pic and the specs:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-4120657dt.jpg

Is that the one with the eyes that light up? If so, I don't know why they would do that because they don't look that way in the movie. :huh

Shropt
07-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I was in the local Disney Store today and found an awesome FRAMED retro Wall-E poster today for $29. Its very cool looking but the frame is metal and super cheap.

Here's the link:
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10007&storeId=10601&productId=1230116&langId=-1&categoryId=53403

Now compare that price to the other official Wall-E retro posters offered by ACME:
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/index.php?catid=451

I know the quality and limited number of the ACME are better but for the price it's GREAT!

Giant Chicken
07-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Saw the movie this morning... Liked it because it was so different but I feel that Pixar has done better in the past.

I have truely enjoyed every single Pixar film but I do have my favorites.

1) Toy Story
2) The Incredibles
3) Toy Story 2
4) Finding Nemo
5) Monsters Inc.
6) Cars
7) WALL-E
8) A Bug's Life
9) Ratatouille

Darth Caedus
07-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Saw the movie this morning... Liked it because it was so different but I feel that Pixar has done better in the past.

I have truely enjoyed every single Pixar film but I do have my favorites.

1) Toy Story
2) The Incredibles
3) Toy Story 2
4) Finding Nemo
5) Monsters Inc.
6) Cars
7) WALL-E
8) A Bug's Life
9) Ratatouille

WOW, you liked Cars more than Wall-E, that suprises me. TS/TS2/Incre. were indeed great movies.

With Ratatouille and Wall-E, I like the pattern of Pixar to make "less" kiddy movies and more mainstream. Sure kids will like the films (because they're animated), but the subject matter of the two films are very adult and I thank Pixar for doing that.

The ONE thing I didn't like about Wall-E was the Global Warming/Pollution preaching in it. But who knows, we might not be too far off from it.

Giant Chicken
07-07-2008, 02:51 PM
WOW, you liked Cars more than Wall-E, that suprises me.

Yes - I found WALL-E to be a tad on the boring side. I loved the animation and I loved the two main characters, WALL-E and EVE. I also liked that Pixar was bold enough to go in a new direction with their story and style. As far as being entertained, I found myself enjoying Cars a bit more.

The ONE thing I didn't like about Wall-E was the Global Warming/Pollution preaching in it. But who knows, we might not be too far off from it

This is exactly what my wife and I discussed after the movie was over. But to be fair to Pixar I am sure stories/settings are becoming harder and harder to create with originality.

And when looking back over Disney's history... the big bad Hunter/Poachers have a liberal track record of being the villian. Example: Rescuers Down Under, Bambi, Fox and the Hound, and Brother Bear. But they are all still excelent movies.

DannieDarKo
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm considering this one.

http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/prodimages/WDWALLE03XL.jpg

Dusty
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Saw it this weekend and LOVED it! One of my favorite Pixar films. Here's my ranking:

1) Toy Story
2) Toy Story 2
3) Wall-E
5) Finding Nemo
4) The Incredibles
6) Monsters Inc.
7) Cars
8) A Bug's Life
9) Ratatouille

The part where the captain's trying to take over the autopilot and it causes the ship to tilt and all the giant people to slide had me in tears. The ending also had me in tears, but for a different reason. It was amazing how much emotion they put into the robots! Wall-E was adorable, and so was his pet cockroach - how many people in your audience went, 'Awwwwww!' when Wall-E ran over his bug buddy the first time? Amazing that we can feel that way about a cockroach! The way he taught all the robots to wave and stuff - such a good lesson for interpersonal communication and interaction with the world around you.

And maybe it's just me, but I didn't take away any real 'global warming' issue from it? I got a more 'humans are becoming too overstimulated by marketing and gadgets, thus are not paying attention to what's going on around them' vibe. Which is becoming sadly more and more accurate as the years go buy. My task as an almost-mom is to find a way to avoid all the overstimulation for my child, and make him play outside more and understand the world around him - at least for the first few years that I have control over the situation, which will then, hopefully, get him off to a good start so he can make informed decisions on his own later. I fully expect a few rough years of 'but all I wanna do is play video games' (10-20 years of age), but hopefully those informative first years will help get him through the rest of life with reading comprehension and self-think rather than group-think practices.

Films like Wall-E will hopefully help!

On that, almost-off-topic-but-not-really subject - I HIGHLY recommend reading a book called 'A Nation of Wimps'. Really great and eye-opening - http://www.nationofwimps.com/

"I didn't know we had a pool!!" :lol

Sick Boy 82
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
My list of Pixar's movies:

1) Wall-E
2) Toy Story
3) Monsters Inc.
4) Toy Story 2
5) The Incredibles
6) Finding Nemo
7) Ratatouille
8) Cars
9) A Bug's Life

Darklord Dave
07-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't think you can avoid the "message" in Wall-E, but it's not just global warming but rampant consumerism, the dangers of automation, and why you should recycle.

But while we're ranking Pixar films:

Ratatouille/Invincibles
Wall-E
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
Cars
Bug's Life (AntZ was better)

galactiboy
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't think you can avoid the "message" in Wall-E, but it's not just global warming but rampant consumerism, the dangers of automation, and why you should recycle.

I agree with you and Dusty on that... it was interesting though how this movie was a bit more political than past releases. It didn't bother me, kind of like a better version of "Idocracy" and gave the movie more dimension.

And as a whole, I loved it... definitely one of my favorite Pixar films to date :rock

Wetanut
07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
No, the messages were unavoidable. But I never thought that it was overplayed or preachy, per se. I let them roll over me as just another bits of sub-plot and backdrop to WALL-E and EVE. We never lost sight of WALL-E and his quest to keep EVE safe (and vice versa later she even went against the Directive to try to save WALL-E in the giant dumpster...she tossed the plant . But if you review PIXAR's works, they've all got messages coming out the wazoo.

My rankings:
WALL-E
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
Ratatouille
Monsters, Inc.
Invincibles
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Cars

Les Walker
07-08-2008, 05:20 AM
We're ranking them now are we? :D

OK,

WALL-E
Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Cars
Incredibles (Never liked this one the way everyone else does...OK I guess...)

Shropt
07-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Since we are ranking:

WALL-E
Toy Story
Ratatouille
Finding Nemo
Incredibles
Cars
A Bug's Life
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2 (this was supposed to be a straight to DVD that was changed at the final minute)

uscmhicks
07-08-2008, 08:05 AM
WALL-E
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Monsters inc
Toy Story 2
Cars
A bugs life
Incredibles

Ratatouille ( still not seen it )

IronFingaz
07-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Ratatouille
Toy Story 1 & 2
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Monster's Inc.
Cars

Wall-E (Havnt seen it, will on Aug.29th)
A Bug's Life (Still havnt seen it :o)

galactiboy
07-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Guess we all have to toss in a ranking :lol

Incredibles
Toy Story
WALL-E
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Cars

-Not much seperates the top 5, all great and could easily switch places.

-I enjoy the bottom 4, but I don't really feel the need to rewatch them, or own any of them. I even think Cars was fun... which was the only one I really didn't want to see.

Shropt
07-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Not trying to offend but I think some of you guys are giving WAY too much credit to Toy Story 2. I advise you to take some time this week and watch it again.

FQRizzo
07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I thought that Toy Story 2 was a lot more fun than the original. Which one is a better "movie" is up to your inner movie snob.

Dusty
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Not trying to offend but I think some of you guys are giving WAY too much credit to Toy Story 2. I advise you to take some time this week and watch it again.

I think I may have all of you beat with number of times I've watched Toy Story 2. The little girl I have been babysitting for for 5 years watches it about twice a week, and I've probably seen it at least 50 times since she turned 2. It's her favorite movie by far - it's like comfort food. I almost like it even better than the first - but maybe my perception is colored by the amount I've seen it and it just doesn't seem to get old.

Darklord Dave
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I've seen Toy Story 2 many times and I cry every time. I debated about ranking it above TS 1. It may have been intended for straight to video, but it far surpassed it's goals and is very deserving of the praise I think.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of love for Ratatouille though - from an artistic standpoint it really broke away from the pack and was funny and poignant as well.

I own the Cars DVD and I fall asleep whenever I try to watch it.

Bannister
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM

Cars is the only Pixar flick I have yet to watch. I have it on Blu Ray, I just haven't felt like watching it yet.

galactiboy
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm a little surprised at the lack of love for Ratatouille though - from an artistic standpoint it really broke away from the pack and was funny and poignant as well.

I really liked Ratatouille... Its still in my top grouping.

And for Cars, the only reason I watched it was at the time the place I was staying the cable was out and that was the only movie available I hadn't seen. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, and was actually pretty fun.

Darklord Dave
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I really liked Ratatouille... Its still in my top grouping.

And for Cars, the only reason I watched it was at the time the place I was staying the cable was out and that was the only movie available I hadn't seen. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, and was actually pretty fun.

Cars is not a bad movie by any means - still at the top of most animated films. But when compared to other Pixar films it's not their best work, (IMHO).

tomandshell
07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
This is hard:

Incredibles
Toy Story 2
WALL-E
Monsters Inc.
Ratatouille
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Cars
A Bug's Life

I loved Toy Story 2 much more than the first. If the "When She Loved Me" song/sequence doesn't give you a lump in your throat, then you have a heart of stone. They took the established "living toy" context and pulled in a whole range of adult emotions and experiences for the older audience members to connect with in a way that surpasses the first film.

Cars commits the cardinal sin of being predictable. I knew exactly what was going to happen the whole time, with no plot surprises whatsoever. It was obvious--something unusual for Pixar.

The ill Jedi
07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Here's how my love for Pixar flicks stacks up :

WALL-E (Hands down my all time favorite)
Ratatouille (I got mad love for it Dave!)
Toy Story 2
Monster's Inc.
The Incredibles
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Cars
A Bug's Life

The ill Jedi
07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I loved Toy Story 2 much more than the first. If the "When She Loved Me" song/sequence doesn't give you a lump in your throat, then you have a heart of stone. They took the established "living toy" context and pulled in a whole range of adult emotions and experiences for the older audience members to connect with in a way that surpasses the first film...
I totally agree that '2' was superior to Toy Story, that sequence alone vaults it past the first, very touching.

Malice
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
The Incredibles :banana
Finding Nemo :chew
WALL-E :joy
Cars :bunnydanc
Toy Story 2
Monster's Inc. :blissy
Toy Story :clap
Ratatouille :clap
A Bug's Life :clap

this is the way i see it..............:monkey3

galactiboy
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Cars commits the cardinal sin of being predictable. I knew exactly what was going to happen the whole time, with no plot surprises whatsoever. It was obvious--something unusual for Pixar.

Thats what I think hurts it the most... also, the characters felt much more commercial than the previous films. It was almost if it was more influenced by attracting the most fans rather than the creative process.

Darth Caedus
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Thats what I think hurts it the most... also, the characters felt much more commercial than the previous films. It was almost if it was more influenced by attracting the most fans rather than the creative process.

That's almost George Lucasish in its logic....

Shropt
07-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I loved Toy Story 2 much more than the first. If the "When She Loved Me" song/sequence doesn't give you a lump in your throat, then you have a heart of stone. They took the established "living toy" context and pulled in a whole range of adult emotions and experiences for the older audience members to connect with in a way that surpasses the first film.

I don't mean to derail this thread again with TS2 but it's funny how people remember different parts of movies. This scene is touching and Jessie and the prospector are great characters.

My problem is I only remember the atrocious Zurg character, the cliche toy collector, and the "I am your father" scenes. These things were just too Straight-to-video IMO and it really just cheapened the first movie for me.

The first movie was great and everyone lived happily ever after. Leave it at that.

But everyone has their opinion and I don't want to force anyone to see my way. :banana:chew

Wetanut
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Not necessarily a lack of love, it's just that when one does a rank order, turns out there are some films that grab at a certain place in one's insides and any thought about technical quality gives way to the emotional impact. Although I must admit that the critic's speech at the end made me puddle up (but then, I cry at commercials so I'm no real gauge on this stuff).

But, let's face it. Any other animated film is just a pale shadow when compared to even the lowest-ranked Pixar piece.

piccolodaimaoh
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I see picking the best Pixar movie like picking the best Bond film. There are too many great films. I can't wait for John Carter of Mars. It's like Pixar doing Star Wars.
My favorite is the Incredibles but movies like Bugs Life, Toy Story 2, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo and Wall-E cannot be put in second place with a clear conscience. I don't think there can be a clear cut winner.

Dusty
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't mean to derail this thread again with TS2 but it's funny how people remember different parts of movies. This scene is touching and Jessie and the prospector are great characters.

My problem is I only remember the atrocious Zurg character, the cliche toy collector, and the "I am your father" scenes. These things were just too Straight-to-video IMO and it really just cheapened the first movie for me.

The first movie was great and everyone lived happily ever after. Leave it at that.

But everyone has their opinion and I don't want to force anyone to see my way. :banana:chew

See I also loved all those parts - especially the Zurg stuff. Makes me giggle every time. The cliché toy collector is perfect for the role - if you don't think that people like that exist, try answering the phones in Sideshow's customer service department for a day ;)

But yep, it's weird how different people like different things - and always will!

As for Ratatouille - I don't know, just don't like it very much. Will never own it or probably watch it again. Didn't connect with me for some reason - I found the main rat incredibly annoying, and it was almost too... busy?... artistically. It's definitely way better than most everyday animated fare, but not my cup of tea.

The Monster
07-08-2008, 05:34 PM
WALL-E looks like a rip-off of Number 5.:D

The ill Jedi
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
As for Ratatouille - I don't know, just don't like it very much. Will never own it or probably watch it again. Didn't connect with me for some reason - I found the main rat incredibly annoying, and it was almost too... busy?... artistically. It's definitely way better than most everyday animated fare, but not my cup of tea.
You are...crazy. Ratatouille is a Masterpiece, 'Nuff Said.

galactiboy
07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
WALL-E looks like a rip-off of Number 5.:D

He is very similar indeed... you can tell they had him in mind. But his execution is very different so I never felt like it was a rip-off, but did make him easy to identify with as a child of the 80s.

Bannister
07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
See I also loved all those parts - especially the Zurg stuff. Makes me giggle every time. The cliché toy collector is perfect for the role - if you don't think that people like that exist, try answering the phones in Sideshow's customer service department for a day ;)

You know you should have a booth set up at the con for people to answer customer service calls. Call it, "Step into our shoes" or something like that. I will gladly talk to and make fun of whiny fanboys who got a less than perfect product box.(Or deal with them in a respectful manner and make fun of them later while getting drunk at a bar, as I assume the custom is at Sideshow.)

pordey2
07-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Someone take me to the theaters to see Wall-E when I visit the states in a couple of weeks. It doesn't premiere until late August over here.

And I want Incredibles 2 one day...

uscmhicks
07-09-2008, 07:13 AM
You are...crazy. Ratatouille is a Masterpiece, 'Nuff Said.

I still need to see it. :monkey3
Will have to try and get it this week.

galactiboy
07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
I still need to see it. :monkey3
Will have to try and get it this week.

Its a great flick, very enjoyable.

Malice
07-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Someone take me to the theaters to see Wall-E when I visit the states in a couple of weeks. It doesn't premiere until late August over here.

it's in the works already awsome flix:D

Darth Caedus
07-09-2008, 08:42 AM
You know you should have a booth set up at the con for people to answer customer service calls. Call it, "Step into our shoes" or something like that. I will gladly talk to and make fun of whiny fanboys who got a less than perfect product box.(Or deal with them in a respectful manner and make fun of them later while getting drunk at a bar, as I assume the custom is at Sideshow.)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I wouldn't be suprised if that was true. If that was me, I would surely do that at a bar; probably on the phone with them too.

The ill Jedi
07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Did no one else notice that Sigourney Weaver was the voice of the Axiom's Computer? I thought it was her the first time, but after seeing it a second time I am positive it is her. Too cool!! :rock

Dusty
07-09-2008, 11:17 AM

Pordey! You're coming to visit - first time in the states? Definitely try to see the movies before they come to your neck of the woods - then you can brag to your buddies that you've seen them ;)

Just don't read too many spoilers before you come!

tomandshell
08-15-2008, 02:02 PM
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/images/post/6/6630/original.png

wofford29
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
That rocks my socks.

The ill Jedi
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM

:woo YES!!!!!!! :woo

I really hope that 'Disney File' is their version of 'Digital Copy' that would be freakin' sweet!! :banana:joy:chew

DannieDarKo
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Pordey! You're coming to visit - first time in the states? Definitely try to see the movies before they come to your neck of the woods - then you can brag to your buddies that you've seen them ;)

Just don't read too many spoilers before you come!

Actually Pordey here was at Comic Con and the Freaks Party.

Nolocke
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM

That movie is going to look sick in HD :rock

Sick Boy 82
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Woot!! Can't wait for Wall-E on BR!!

Darth Waller
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Awesome. I'm ready for Wall-E in HD.

tomandshell
08-15-2008, 03:49 PM
:woo YES!!!!!!! :woo

I really hope that 'Disney File' is their version of 'Digital Copy' that would be freakin' sweet!! :banana:joy:chew

I believe it is--this is also supposed to be included with Sleeping Beauty in October. I think they know that parents/families need an option to watch the movie in multiple (non-BR) players.

Agent23
08-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Another Blu-ray disc I'll be buying.

The Mike
08-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Despite being a 2 hour ad for Recycling I really loved this film, I only say that because I'm married to a real planeteer and love to go the other way to annoy her and she is reading over my shoulder right now....and I just got slapped in the head....annnnyway I will be buying this the first day it comes out, I really wasn't a fan of Ratatouille and its nice to have the old Pixar back. Now where is my Incredibles 2. :lol

The ill Jedi
08-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I believe it is--this is also supposed to be included with Sleeping Beauty in October. I think they know that parents/families need an option to watch the movie in multiple (non-BR) players.
Sweet, I can't wait to watch this on BD and on my iPod. I'll be picking up Sleeping Beauty and pretty much all Disney BD's from here on out.

wofford29
08-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Despite being a 2 hour ad for Recycling I really loved this film, I only say that because I'm married to a real planeteer and love to go the other way to annoy her and she is reading over my shoulder right now....and I just got slapped in the head....annnnyway I will be buying this the first day it comes out, I really wasn't a fan of Ratatouille and its nice to have the old Pixar back. Now where is my Incredibles 2. :lol

I thought the more important message was the direction of the human race. It felt like a cartoon version of "Idiocracy." Which I'd agree with 100%.

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.*

UTtoyfan
08-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I watched the Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray tonight and it had a preview for the Walll-E Blu-ray. Oh my god it looks so good in Blu-ray! (Both Nightmare and Wall-e!)
I can't wait for Wall-E to come out. This movie, Iron Man, and Dark Knight are the best movies of 2008 so far in my opinion.:banana

UTtoyfan
08-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Sweet, I can't wait to watch this on BD and on my iPod. I'll be picking up Sleeping Beauty and pretty much all Disney BD's from here on out.

Same here man! They announced Pinocchio, Snow White, Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, and Beauty and the Beast all coming to Blu-ray by the end of 2010!!
And of course Finding Nemo should be coming out soon too I think.

scubasteve
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Who got this today? I've yet to see it. Blind buy for me on blu-ray.

Chapter 2099
11-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Who got this today? I've yet to see it. Blind buy for me on blu-ray.

I'm going to pick it up either tomorrow or by the weekend. I still need to buy HBII as well. :banghead

I never saw the movie in theaters, but it's pretty hard to go wrong when your dealing with a Pixar movie. EVERY movie has been amazing!!!! My personal favorite is still Toy Story, but who knows after I see WALL-E.

UTtoyfan
11-19-2008, 07:33 AM
I got my copy yesterday. It's stunning in Blu-ray, and is without a doubt one of the best movies of 2008 thus far.

Shropt
11-19-2008, 08:57 AM
I saw the movie in theaters and bought the 3-disc blu-ray version yesterday. Dying to watch it.

The ill Jedi
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I got my copy yesterday. It's stunning in Blu-ray, and is without a doubt one of the best movies of 2008 thus far.
Stunning indeed, has to be the absolute best looking Blu-Ray to date! WAtched it again last night and I loved it more than ever, ROBOTS RULE!! :rock

bagelsncheesey
11-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Stunning indeed, has to be the absolute best looking Blu-Ray to date! WAtched it again last night and I loved it more than ever, ROBOTS RULE!! :rock

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I echo every thing that this gent said.

iron.jedi83
11-19-2008, 09:34 AM
i watch it for the first time yesterday since i didnt have anybody to go with when it was in theaters and i must say it shows why pixar is great at making movies

bagelsncheesey
11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
i watch it for the first time yesterday since i didnt have anybody to go with when it was in theaters and i must say it shows why pixar is great at making movies

Alfred, my homeslice :rock

Badvermin
11-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I can't wait to get my copy. I loved it in the theater, but I tend to enjoy movies more at home, less annoying people. :)