Pixar's WALL-E

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giant Chicken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow! This film sounds like it will be amazing. The story, direction and animation sound unique.

1. The first 1/3 of the film will be SILENT (well... no talking)

2. The last 2/3 will have real live HUMANS in the film.

Also, the story is somewhat political...

Sounds like a great film to me.

Read More At: WALL-E

Last edited:
Re: Pixar's WALL-E (spoilers)

Happy Feet incorporated live action humans in the last quarter of the film and it really took me by surprise. I would have KILLED to have a few minutes of silence in that one.

I think I will like this one about 100 times more than Happy Feet.

tomandshell said:
Happy Feet incorporated live action humans in the last quarter of the film and it really took me by surprise.

ohh... I was not aware.

I suppose I should not assume anything. :eek:

For example--don't assume that Happy Feet deserved the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. I really didn't like it that much. The only time I was really paying attention was when the real people showed up near the end.

tomandshell said:
For example--don't assume that Happy Feet deserved the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. I really didn't like it that much. The only time I was really paying attention was when the real people showed up near the end.

I think it was due to the "Green Oscars" this year. :dunno

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. It's already getting great reviews.

And I just saw these very cool looking Eric Tan posters. I guess the first one was handed out as a postcard at SDCC last year.

Real live humans?

Crap...

I saw the trailer, they look like all other PIXAR humans...

Not actual humans like Happy Feet...

In my opinion, Pixar has yet to do wrong...you want a kid's film, any Pixar film is the best choice...I even liked Cars...

I really want to see this film, I think it's going to be great. Can't go wrong with Pixar.
My sentiments EXACTLY!

I've been looking forward to this (as I do with any Pixar film) one since it was announced. Pixar really knows what they are doing as these are not just 'Kids' movies as they appeal to adults as well. I have no doubt that this will be brilliant and I'll be seeing it this weekend.

Took the kids to see it today---absolutely loved it.

After two weak efforts IMO with "Cars" & "Ratattouie", PIXAR has knocked this one out of the park.

WALL-E thread

I just saw this one! :D

There is not a word large enough to describe this one.

GREAT is not big enough....

CLASSIC is better...

LANDMARK....is for sure more like it...

One of my all-time favorites, is for sure.
WAY BEST ANIMATED MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!

I like how it feels when I walk out of a movie knowing I have just seen a true family classic for the first time. Like The Wizard of Oz, or Willy Wonka (the original, not that insult of a remake!), or Pinocchio, or Beauty and the Beast, or Lion King or The Iron Giant...

Or most of Pixar's work....most...

Fantastic movie!

Take EVERYONE! :banana:banana:banana:banana

Took the kids to see it today---absolutely loved it.

After two weak efforts IMO with "Cars" & "Ratattouie", PIXAR has knocked this one out of the park.
Wow! Ratatouille, weak? :lol IMO, that movie is a masterpiece. Cars is not their best effort, but it was still better than most animated movies.

Re: WALL-E thread

I'll be seeing this tomorrow and I am STOKED!! :rock

I LOVE Pixar's films and have no doubt that this will automatically be at the top of my favorites. With my love of animation and robots this has been calling to me for a long time. I can't wait 'til tomorrow!!

I just got back as well Les. It's the best movie of 2008 by a long shot right now. It'll take a whole hell of a lot to knock this one out of my top three by years end. It's about as perfect as a movie can be. It's rare to find a movie that makes you think, laugh, and cry without hardly a word being spoken. This will easily win best animated film of 08, but I think it should get a nod in the best picture category as well. Incredible!

Just saw it. Not enough words can explain my feelings for it. "Masterpiece" would pretty much define it for me. I will have to go see it again to try to catch all the subtle and infinitissimal animation work that I know I missed as I was caught up in each moment. This is ART. LOVED it. LOVED it. LOVED it!

I agree with everyone else. This movie was amazing. I also even think that the short film before the movie was hilarious and one of there best yet.

This was the most emotionally touching film I have seen thus far this year and more human than any film starring actual humans so far.

A future-romantic picaresque, I think it's Pixar's best film. If Wall-E doesn't win an Oscar for best animated film, there is no justice in this world.

Saw it, and absolutely loved it. They better not forget Peter Gabriel for "Down to Earth" when it comes to the Oscars. I'm a big fan of Gabriel, and I thought that song was great.

Back