Blair Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YESSSS!!! Been following this "The WOODS" movie because of Wingard, and that bangin teaser and poster and WAABAMMM its Blair Witch.... and coming in a couple months, WHATA twist.

No offense, but does anybody actually still care about Blair Witch? Please tell me they have at least abandoned the "found footage" style.

Hell yeah people still care about blair witch. That movie is a damn fine example of how some movies can become experiences... intensely horrifying experiences. I don't like found footage either, but when done right it's done right.

Adam Wingard's "The Guest" is undoubtedly one of the best films of the last few years. That film is pure ****ing gold that will make you laugh at its unabashed sinister nature until it hurts and leave you on the edge of your seat as the action goes from insane to absolute "you gotta be ****ing kidding me." Its such a glorious homage to "The Terminator" that honestly it feels like it could actually fit in that universe. Hell, it feels like the proper sequel to T2 that we all deserved cause it puts to shame all three films that came after T2. "The Woods" has been on my radar for a while now but this news makes it a must watch come September. Holy ****! No one saw this coming. "The Blair Witch Project" remains one of the best horror films ever made. Its still potent in its execution and sheer audacity. And it still makes my skin crawl. I actually cannot believe that this is really true to be honest. Wingard along with Eduardo Sanchez and Dan Myrick revisiting this film is too good to be true.

And absolutely its still relevant. Whenever I've seen it mentioned over the last few years, people praise it and call it a classic. I watched it last year for the first time in about five or six years and it still gave me the willies. That's just the sign of a good horror film. The film is still one of the purest, most potent horror films ever conceived. And the way it was executed is still remarkable after all of these years, even after all of the hundreds upon hundreds of imitators.

They definitely created a new sub genre with found footage, and were geniuses when it came to utilizing the Internet in a way it had never been harnessed to market the movie. The movie (for me) was fine for one viewing, but I tried to watch it again a year or so ago, and found it very tedious.

I would have thought the first sequel to the film would have killed the interest.

I'm all for good horror movies, because they are few and far between, I just hope it's not found footage.

They definitely created a new sub genre with found footage, and were geniuses when it came to utilizing the Internet in a way it had never been harnessed to market the movie. The movie (for me) was fine for one viewing, but I tried to watch it again a year or so ago, and found it very tedious.

I would have thought the first sequel to the film would have killed the interest.

I'm all for good horror movies, because they are few and far between, I just hope it's not found footage.

I think according to the trailer it looks like its found footage

I actually believed the movie was a real doccumentary at first, i was extremely scared for a couple of days

No offense, but does anybody actually still care about Blair Witch? Please tell me they have at least abandoned the "found footage" style.

Yes.

I like BW and it's sequel is underrated IMHO.

And I am a sucker for found footage flicks.

Loved You're Next and looking forward to this. :)

the sequel was pretty good I think, it might not have been what fans wanted but I liked their take on the fandom. i like it as a look into the fandom that the first movie created

There's still a large cult following to it. I think the first film is excellent and the only found footage film done right.

Yes.

I like BW and it's sequel is underrated IMHO.

And I am a sucker for found footage flicks.

Loved You're Next and looking forward to this. :)

the sequel was pretty good I think, it might not have been what fans wanted but I liked their take on the fandom. i like it as a look into the fandom that the first movie created

I never cared for the 2nd one, but yeah it was at least a good attempt on the huge following it got immediately after the film and people visiting the town.

I'm excited for this. BW was such a great theater experience. I need to revisit the sequel....I didn't care for it the first time.

I remember The Blair Witch Project for two things:

Pioneering viral marketing
Pionerring found footage movies

I went to see it back in1999 and thought it was pretty creepy. This new development has piqued my interest.

I saw the trailer for this.
It looks pretty bad.

Part of the beauty of the original was that the actors were not supermodels and the movie looked cheap like a documentary, the cameras were crappy and cheap.
Even the frame was smaller than the theater screen. I remember the movie not fiting the whole theater screen. thats why i thought it was real at first, because the trailers made it look so homemade and the actors didnt look like models

This looks super stylized and everyone looks like they came out of agents of shield or vampire dairies or something.
The recording looks too neat and even the lighting feels like a hollywood production.

This reminds me of diary of the dead or something like that

I dont know, trailer made me disappointed

Even the stick figures look all stylized, like Hollywood made

Last edited:
I remember The Blair Witch Project for two things:

Pioneering viral marketing
Pionerring found footage movies

I went to see it back in1999 and thought it was pretty creepy. This new development has piqued my interest.

I saw the first Blair Witch in theaters and it was really cool but not so much on the second viewing.

I am curious for this sequel though.

Back