Official ROBOTECH Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
I don't know if there are many Robotech fans here, but I am a big fan.

EDIT (9/11/07): There is bound to be a ton of toys coming for the movie, so we'll post news and pics about those as well as vintage stuff here to. :D

I had a transforming Cyclone when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite toys. I have Toynami's Masterpiece Veritech Fighters, I love them and am really excited that they are doing these!

GIM_1767_2_140.jpg

GIM_1766_2_7752.jpg

BBTS has these up for Pre-order: Masterpiece Cyclones

Last edited:
Re: ROBOTECH Masterpiece Cyclones by Toynami

wow i didn't know that the new movie was out already!!! i love robotech, it was one of the first anime shows that i watched. i have the complete Remastered set on DVD and will have to search for this as well.

~~ the robotech masterpiece figures are awesome and i only own two of them: Roy Fokker, and Rick Hunter are the only two characters that i really cared enough about to run out and buy the fighters for.

I know this pic is small, but it gives you a good scale reference, about the same size as a Shadow Fighter.

NWS_304_4_6798.jpg

Big fan right here too! I've loved it since I was a kid.

I'm definitely picking at least one up!

Nice to know I'm not the only one excited about this. I've loved Robotech since I was a wee lad.

The ill Jedi said:
I know this pic is small, but it gives you a good scale reference, about the same size as a Shadow Fighter.

NWS_304_4_6798.jpg

Actually that's Scott Bernard's Alpha the VAF-1C.

EDIT: Ok I found the source and they say its a Shadow Fighter - but a Shadow Fighter has a different head and Missile Shoulders to that. Its definitely a VAF-1C but the colour scheme is a little off. Reading the press release it looks like its supposed to be from the new movie - so its possible shadow fighters look a bit different to that.

EDIT 2: Look what else I found while searching for more pics!!!

www.collectiondx.com/gallery/FeatureImages/NYtoyfair/2007/Toynami/P2134088.jpg

EDIT 3: Ok looking at the Gun its definitely the Shadow Fighter's gun and not the standard Alpha gunpod.

Last edited:

LordAzrael said:
Actually that's Scott Bernard's Alpha the VAF-1C.

EDIT: Ok I found the source and they say its a Shadow Fighter - but a Shadow Fighter has a different head and Missile Shoulders to that. Its definitely a VAF-1C but the colour scheme is a little off. Reading the press release it looks like its supposed to be from the new movie - so its possible shadow fighters look a bit different to that.

EDIT 2: Look what else I found while searching for more pics!!!

www.collectiondx.com/gallery/FeatureImages/NYtoyfair/2007/Toynami/P2134088.jpg

EDIT 3: Ok looking at the Gun its definitely the Shadow Fighter's gun and not the standard Alpha gunpod.

Thanks for the in depth info! :D

Nice to see another ROBOTECH fan here.

Wouldn't it be sick if SIDESHOW made a line of ROBOTECH collectibles!?! If that was to happen, consider me bankrupt!

I'm gonna post that in the License request forum.

The ill Jedi said:
I don't know if there are many Robotech fans here, but I am a big fan. I had a transforming Cyclone when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite toys. I have Toynami's Masterpiece Veritech Fighters, I love them and am really excited that they are doing these!

GIM_1767_2_140.jpg

GIM_1766_2_7752.jpg

BBTS has these up for Pre-order: Masterpiece Cyclones
Yeah I owned one when I was a kid, Loved that figure. I still have the basic body minus the bike accessories.
It would be cool to buy this new one, wish it was based on the original depiction. Is this 1:6 scale?

screamingmetal said:
Yeah I owned one when I was a kid, Loved that figure. I still have the basic body minus the bike accessories.
It would be cool to buy this new one, wish it was based on the original depiction. Is this 1:6 scale?

I believe so, but don't quote me on it. The Masterpiece Veritechs stand roughly 12" and I think that's how tall these will be.

toy_robo-masterpiece-sue_l.jpg

Here's the real Shadow Fighter. Note that the lack of a sensor array next to the head and the slightly different shoulders.

That other pick is a VAF-1C Alpha with the Shadow Fighter's gun pod.

:)

These are cool, I always loved Robotech but never liked anything past Macross....

Really nice! I used to have Roy Fokker's Veritech "Skull One" fighter as a kid.

Boba Fett said:
Really nice! I used to have Roy Fokker's Veritech "Skull One" fighter as a kid.

So did I! You had to love the weight of those Die-Cast toys back in the day. I had a Voltron too and you got a workout lugging that thing around! :D

I have the Masterpiece VF-1A (Rick Hunter), VF-1J (Roy Fokker) and Masterpiece Voltron from Toynami. I can't wait to get the Cyclones!

Re: SDF-1!

The ill Jedi said:
This is sweet!!

1/5000 Scale SDF-1 Transforming 12" Figure

SDF-1_03__scaled_600.jpg

SDF-1_16.jpg

Shame they got the carrier arms displayed incorrectly in battleship mode - they need to be rotated 90 degrees so that they are parallel to the ground.

But yeah - looks pretty sweet!

Yeah, that Wave 1:5000 scale SDF-1 is absolutely beautiful...but don't be fooled by that description of its size. She's actually a small beast, though she sports just enough diecast to make for a satisfying collectible. I still think I may have overpaid at $130 shipped, though.

It's so great to see other Macross/Robotech fans on the boards! I'm a diehard fan of both. Do any of you guys collect Macross? Most of my money is divided between Sideshow STAR WARS 1:6 scale figs and Yamato MACROSS Valkyries/PopBox 1:6 character figures. Honestly, I wasn't very pleased with the quality of the Toynami "Masterpiece" toys (compared to the amazing 1:60 and 1:48 scale Japanese Valks), though the Cyclones definitely have caught my eye.

This year seems to be the best (worst for my wallet) ever for Macross, since the 25th anniversary is bound to stir up some great collectibles (not to mention the confirmed NEW tv series starting production in Japan!).

Here are some quick pics I took to help illustrate the size of the Wave SDF-1:

Kit Fisto sneaks into the Macross case..

..And Bib doesn't seem to be too happy about the scale of the wares Hikaru is peddling.

Welcome to the Board Crasis, it is great to see other Robotech fans here! I was introduced to these with the Robotech Series back in the eighties and I only have a couple of the Masterpiece Veritechs from Toynami and I have all of the Cyclones on order. I used to have the original Die-Cast toys when I was a kid too!

That's a cool collection you got there, Is that the Masterpiece Fokker on the left? I'm also anxiously awaiting the new series, I'm sure it will be awesome! Robotech rules! :rock

I figured since there is interest in the movie, that I'd ressurect this thread too. :rock

Last edited:
Back