Okay I've had it, they ARE NOT DOLLS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IS THIS THREAD SERIOUS ??? CAUSE YOU KNOW THEY ARE DOLLS... RIGHT?

NO WAY! Dolls are stuffed/plush things. Barbie is really just a hot action figure:chew

They ARE DOLLS!!!
doll (dŏl)
pron.gif

n.
  1. A child's usually small toy having the likeness of a human.
  2. A pretty child.
  3. Slang.
    1. An attractive person.
    2. A woman.
    3. A sweetheart or darling.
    4. A helpful or obliging person.

A HA! Gotcha! A CHILDS small toy. 1- 12" aint that small, and 2 rec.age for these baddies is in the teenage range, and 2-, as far as Medicom goes, states they're "not ment for children."

ACTION FIGURES!

I just like the sound of TOY best though. It's all inclusive, proper in all senses, and is gender free. No debate. TOY.

PosterBoyKelly said:

A HA! Gotcha! A CHILDS small toy. 1- 12" aint that small, and 2 rec.age for these baddies is in the teenage range, and 2-, as far as Medicom goes, states they're "not ment for children."

ACTION FIGURES!

I just like the sound of TOY best though. It's all inclusive, proper in all senses, and is gender free. No debate. TOY.

Well one person knows the deal. They are not dolls, anyone bother to read the article? probably not.

I'd only agree they are dolls if you consider all action figures dolls. And even then I'd still say your wrong but at least your arugement would make sense.

denger4000 said:
Well one person knows the deal. They are not dolls, anyone bother to read the article? probably not.

I'd only agree they are dolls if you consider all action figures dolls. And even then I'd still say your wrong but at least your arugement would make sense.
They are all dolls. The term "action figure" was cooked up for GI Joe so boys wouldn't feel ashamed for playing with dolls.

TheObsoleteMan said:
They are all dolls. The term "action figure" was cooked up for GI Joe so boys wouldn't feel ashamed for playing with dolls.

TRUE...........

I prefer figurines :D I think my range of Guyvers and Tortured Souls would look pretty uncomfortable at Sunday Dinner at Barbie's. My parents call them dolls....my response is that no-one would play with them in the "doll" sense. If some kid went to move my Guyver Gigantic.....he might well have to lose an eye.

A rose is a rose by any other name.

These are 1/6th scale articulated figures. They are mine and I'll call them what I like. I call them dolls. Besides calling them dolls confronts the senses of collectors and non collectors alike, so I'll keep calling them dolls. I'm glad it still disturbs some people.

TheObsoleteMan said:

Wow. okay. So what your saying is Action figures don't exist? For you people who collect I don't understand your desire to call them dolls, your supposed to be on the side of defending the word action figure, not against it. jeez. Again read the article, MWC puts it better then I could and if the toy master says they ain't dolls, then they ain't dolls.

DOLLS = Action Figures

Action Figures = DOLLS

1/6th scaled figures = DOLLS

DOLLS = 1/6th scaled figures

12" figures = DOLLS

DOLLS = 12" figures

BARBIES = DOLLS

DOLLS = BARBIES

Cabage Patch = DOLLS

DOLLS = Cabage Patch

GI JOEs = DOLLS

DOLLS = GI JOEs

Some of you just need to face the facts. These are ultimately TOYS and DOLLS. Doll is a general term for something resembling a human, which these "1/6 scaled articulated highly detailed artist sculpted limited edition original licensed collectible figures" are. Spin it anyway you want, but the term DOLL is still relevant.

This is the same thing as those people who are so ashamed of their collection and collectibles that they don't want friends or family to know that they have things and are embarassed to receive packages at work, etc.

TheObsoleteMan said:

I wonder if that means Hasbro owns the term Action Figure. That'd be a pretty sweet hold!

Anyway, I don't consider 12 inchers dolls unless they have rooted hair. But it's my personal stand point, nothing I'm going to push on to anyone.. to each his own, dolls or not.

dengar give it up....you collect dolls...why does it matter so much to you that they are called dolls...you dont like being a man who collect dolls ?dengar face the fact...your a doll collector...

denger4000 said:
Wow. okay. So what your saying is Action figures don't exist? For you people who collect I don't understand your desire to call them dolls, your supposed to be on the side of defending the word action figure, not against it. jeez. Again read the article, MWC puts it better then I could and if the toy master says they ain't dolls, then they ain't dolls.
Are you really this insecure? I'm a soon to be 32 year old man, and I'm more than willing to admit to anyone that I love my doll collection. If it makes you feel more secure to call them action figures, go right ahead. In the end, does it really matter?

Back