Possible Commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK. So the lines are being rested and there are figures that we all wanted so would anyone be up for getting a few private commissions.

They usually run at anywhere between $350.00-@$500.00 for a head.

So...if 20 of us went in it would be $25.00 for a head, some cash for a buck body, some clothes and props. It'd probably work out at around $50.00 for a figure.

Here's who I propose we look at :-

Wes
Gunn
Fred
Anya
Dawn
Tara
Joyce
Dark Willow

Would anyone be up for this?

I'm working on my own sculpts right now. I'm not saying I'm any where near SSC quality but I'm hopeful.

Well if anyones really serious, I have my friend who's a professional portrait sculptor in the UK. Here's some examples of his sculpture work for Tussuad's in London.

4cmdr8j.jpg

40nd5zs.jpg

Only trouble his are professional rates and so he doesn't come cheap.

He was the one who did a quick sculpt of the Spike head I have in my banner. That was 'banged out' very quickly (a day) as a freebie and a favor to me.

Hey, Abstractharmony -

Ping me when you get a chance. I'd like to work on these for you guys.

Tell me more.

Thanks.

Tin

Wow. That one of Beckham and the woman is amazingly real. And the Dracula sculpt kicks booty.

Thanks, He is a very experienced sculptor and works full time at Tussuad's.

The above images are life sized.

I'm also working on a couple of sculpts right now. I'm not a professional, either.

I just finished re-working a Vampire Willow (human) head I've been working off and on going on for two years now for a buddy. I know, I know. Two years! But only because my real job is at an office and carrying X-Acto knives in my briefcase and whipping them out during my lunchbreak is kind of frowned upon. I posted a few pictures a few months ago but since then I've redone the nose so I think it looks better now. I'll paint one up all nice like and post pictures maybe next week.

I'm half-way done with a Tara sculpt, then I'll get to work on an Anya and maybe a Dawn if no one else picks them up.

I hope there are some folks here who can do costuming, cause I sure can't.

Also, call me a dumb optimist, but I'll give Sideshow a year without a new figure before I say they're done with Buffy/Angel for good. Either that, or a more official announcement that the line is ended.

binky

abstractharmony said:
OK. So the lines are being rested and there are figures that we all wanted so would anyone be up for getting a few private commissions.
They usually run at anywhere between $350.00-@$500.00 for a head.
So...if 20 of us went in it would be $25.00 for a head, some cash for a buck body, some clothes and props. It'd probably work out at around $50.00 for a figure.
Would anyone be up for this?

Yes!
I'd definitely be up for it if only for a Tara, Anya and Dawn to complete my Scooby Gang - probably at least two of each so I could experiment with applying wigs. It would be good too if there was an option for the cheapskates/customisers among us for just a head rather than a whole costumed figure too?

Nick

Probably up for all of them except Joyce. Definite on the Wes & Gunn, moderately interested on the rest.

If we're doing this would you consider a Faith & regular willow - we'd only need headsculpts to replace the travesties we've already got.

Wes, Gunn, Fred, Dark Willow definate yes. Also a new Faith sculpt would be fantastic beacuse Sideshow's "faith" just isnt.

This sounds like a greay idea. My only concern is that the headsculpts will look better than the current BTVS and Angel headsculpts. If so, I'm gonna want new versions of the Scooby gang.

Eric

I would certainly be interested! I didn't see Illyria on the list, but I would be thrilled to get her too (and Human Dru, and Human Darla, and Judge and, sure the "core characters were done:lol )

Great idea ,
I would definatly be up for these .
would there be any chance of a preview so we could see what were getting into before we plonk down the cash ..
but even though count me in !

Seeing previous examples of their work would be a logical start.

OK.

So, in theory we're all up for it. Sue is Mike your friend? The work he did for Alex was amazing. Can you have a word and get some rates for us?

Anyhoo...

On this board alone we've got :-

Hunky Artist
Tinister
Figuremaster Les
Sunohc
Anzik and a couple of others

The best place to look at their work is in the custom section but I'm happy to start approaching folks.

I know that Les is backed up to the eyeballs with work at the moment so I'm thinking Tinister, Sunohc (check out his new Bruce Lee and his Jim Kelly sculpts) and Hunky are the way to go.

Tinister's already expressed an interest so I'll approach the other two and get prices.

I think we should look at the following order for sculpts :-

Gunn
Anya
Wes
Tara
Fred

and then see where we go after that.

I'd be really grateful if everyone would PM their 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of sculptor.

Let's get this show on the road.

No my mate isn't Alex. He's one of leading portrait sculptors in the UK, that's why his rates are not cheap. He does fantastic work though and he's used to working on small scale stuff.

I maybe could get him to drop them somewhat if I did the finishing off and he just blocked them out, but maybe someone who does it as a hobby may be more viable as they'll probably be a lot cheaper.

I can handle sculpting and casting, but my paint apps aren't the best. If I'm satisfied with my sculpt and cast I was going to go for like $10 for each head to cover the costs of resin and silicone.

Anzik Hayes said:
I can handle sculpting and casting, but my paint apps aren't the best. If I'm satisfied with my sculpt and cast I was going to go for like $10 for each head to cover the costs of resin and silicone.

I'd suggest that we get darkartist, Les or Mikey to let us have a quote for multiple paintjobs.

Anzik have yo got any examples of your previous portrait sculpts as I'd love to see them.

Back