Circle (2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Fascinating film! If you've got Netflix you'll probably see it pop up from time to time and I say it's one worth checking out. It's about 50 people from all walks of life who wake up standing on little red circles in a room with everyone facing a little black dome in the center that kills someone with an electric shock every two minutes. The people in the room have to decide with a hand gesture vote who dies each round but no one can see who anyone else votes for. The movie is filmed completely in real time.

This film had surprisingly good unknown actors and it does a great job of presenting how a wide range of people would respond to such a situation. The bargaining, lying, subtle manipulation, acts of nobility, logic, deductive reasoning, common sense, it's all there and I'd say that there's a very good chance of whatever type of person you are being represented by one or more of the characters in the room. I constantly found myself imagining what I'd be saying to the group each and every round and couldn't help but hope that I'd be one of the good guys who took one for the team.

All you have to do is watch it for five or ten minutes and you'll know if this is a film you'll want to stick with to the bitter end. I did and found it to be a heck of an experience.

Sounds interesting, will probably watch.

Although I'm not sure why you would sacrifice yourself :lol Guess it depends on the situation.

man this was such a bad movie!! a friend told me to watch it cause he thought it was "my type of movie", I think I posted a review in the review thread a while back. The whole thing seemed very amateur and forced idk how to describe it. The stereotyping thing was so eyerollingly predictable. I do generally get a kick out of "everyone trapped in a room" movies, but this was stripped down to the most basic aspects of it. Although I do love Rita from dexter!

Saw this awhile back and thought it was a good movie.

Yeah, I mean clearly it isn't a movie where you watch it go "Awesome! 8/10! Please HT pick up the license!" :lol But I loved that it was different and that the "premise" was a pervasive and ongoing dilemma for almost every single minute of its run time.

Back