AMAZING time to be a 1/6 Star Wars collector!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been collecting since 77 (yes, that means I'm an old mongrel!) with a vast collection spanning, 1:1 prop replicas, studio scale models, 1/4 scale - to just about anything you can think of that has grabbed my eye.

There was a great time to collect, around 2002-2005, but since then there's only been dribs and drabs of certain collectibles.

Obviously, since TFA, that has changed dramatically - for the better.

And now, I have to say, I haven't had this much fun collecting since those early 2000's - and that's all due to 1/6. The combination of Hot Toys and Sideshow has given this hobby a HUGE injection of constant and exciting products.

And even when they've missed the mark, it's been amazing to see you talented people doing the crazy mods and upgrades!

Combine that with the phenomenal customs we've been seeing from people like JazzInc, SoloBones, Chaka, Davejames, Coco, Pixel, Spud, Galacti, Rory (and every other person that I can't think of off the top of my head) - and it surely is an amazing time to be collecting 1/6!!!!

Keep it up lads - the best forum on the net!!!

I've been collecting since 77 (yes, that means I'm an old mongrel!) with a vast collection spanning, 1:1 prop replicas, studio scale models, 1/4 scale - to just about anything you can think of that has grabbed my eye.

There was a great time to collect, around 2002-2005, but since then there's only been dribs and drabs of certain collectibles.

Obviously, since TFA, that has changed dramatically - for the better.

But now, I have to say, I haven't had this much fun collecting since those early 2000's - and that's all due to 1/6. The combination of Hot Toys and Sideshow has given this hobby a HUGE injection of constant and exciting products.

And even when they've missed the mark, it's been amazing to see you talented people doing the crazy mods and upgrades!

Combine that with the phenomenal customs we've been seeing from people like JazzInc, SoloBones, Chaka, Davejames, Coco, Pixel, Spud, Galacti, Rory (and every other person that I can't think of off the top of my head) - and it surely is an amazing time to be collecting 1/6!!!!

Keep it up lads - the best forum on the net!!!

I hear ya. I've been collecting since Icons days, and it really is a great time to be a collector. Still need a nice large SS Star Destroyer though. With lights.

Show your stuff man. I'm already drooling...
Why 2002-2005?
I agree Star Wars is being well cattered for (but failures are difficult to forgive given the state of the art), and that 1/6 is far more exciting than 1/18, statues, etc.
The custom arena is a result of 1/6's superiority: exchangeable parts. You can make forgotten characters, you can improve or modify existing ones, you can use accessories or diorama parts intended for other franchises... Great!!
Only con: size. But it is also one of its pros: more size means more detail.
m.

Yeah it's definitely a pretty cool time to be a SW collector. The only problem is there are now more figures coming out than I can possibly afford (especially when you factor in all the other movie and TV characters being released)! And I've had to pass on a lot of side characters that I'd normally love to have, like R5, Phasma, IG-88, the Probe Droid, etc, just so I can focus on the more must-have ones.

Well said. I was a kid in 77 and I still have my figures, complete with original blasters. I rediscovered collecting in 2012. Now, thanks to you guys and so many artists who invest their talent and love into Star Wars collecting it's just a joy to relive the excitement and stoke of childhood.

I truly love coming here to see all the great love, mods, scratch builds and showcasing of these figures. The group is just a great bunch of folks.

I'm sort of beside myself to be included in the group. I've been and remain an admirer and student of all here.

Why 2002-2005?
I agree Star Wars is being well cattered for (but failures are difficult to forgive given the state of the art), and that 1/6 is far more exciting than 1/18, statues, etc.
The custom arena is a result of 1/6's superiority: exchangeable parts. You can make forgotten characters, you can improve or modify existing ones, you can use accessories or diorama parts intended for other franchises... Great!!
m.

The second half/aftermath of the Prequels era was great - there was a ton of product (much of it OT not PT,) but also a ton of enormous discounts (I got a 3 3/4" gunship for like $15.)

Why 2002-2005?
m.

Here's a quick little collage - not everything but most of it:

Here's a quick little collage - not everything but most of it:

Beautiful collection!

I started laying out the floor plan for my new house. This is what I came up with.

image.jpeg

I've been collecting since '77 too! I've bought and sold a lot over the years, but have to agree, this is an amazing time to be collecting stuff. I have my original vintage alongside HT and a few remaining SS pieces and they look pretty damn awesome together. :rock

Back