Sideshow Star Wars Jawa two pack review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've gone with six straight sixth scale reviews, during the sixth month. Three 6's...maybe I should worry. Nah, and I have a few more coming up as well, but after tonight I'll be taking a break for a week, hitting up the smaller scales for three reviews.

Tonight's review won't be a popular one, because more negative reviews are always less popular than more positive ones. I'll let you make of that what you will, but as I like to say, it is what it is. I'm checking out Sideshow's new Jawa two pack, and they have some very good aspects...and some very bad ones. You can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-070116a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend! Happy 4th to everyone in the U.S.!

Michael

Michael thanks for another excellent review. :)

I've been interested in this set since it was announced. Unfortunately the issue with the bodies is a real turnoff and sounds pretty inexcusable for a company that has been producing 1/6 figures for quite some time.

Joints aren't firm, but they look damn good.

13398752_1133328753398521_1867924378_n.jpg

Yeah, for a $200+ set, Sideshow probably shouldn't have relied on an 7-8 year old body that had issues to begin with.

Had they released this set when they should have (7 years ago) - using the same body - this would have been a $120 release (which Michael would have classed as an "** average value" - it's very funny to read his reviews from 5-7 years ago re: price/value... he had no idea how high prices were heading.)

While I was not overly tempted, I am shocked about the floppy bodies still.....just disgraceful. Hope Sideshow loses the license for SW. They have failed.

Threepio- five fingers, no thumbs. R2, nice but flimsy and poorly painted. R5- pretty awesome overall. Speeder bike- bent handle bars and misaligned parts. I like sideshow and have lots of their stuff, but when are they going to just give us what we pay for. Jawa bodies that don't hold poses should never have been sent out. We did'nt like it in 2009 and we still don't like it now!

Threepio- five fingers, no thumbs. R2, nice but flimsy and poorly painted. R5- pretty awesome overall. Speeder bike- bent handle bars and misaligned parts. I like sideshow and have lots of their stuff, but when are they going to just give us what we pay for. Jawa bodies that don't hold poses should never have been sent out. We did'nt like it in 2009 and we still don't like it now!

But folk keep buying them, therefore the incentive to improve is zero.

I've decided to sell one. That's my stand against sideshow. You only get $110 of my money. :lol

I'll try the super glue trick for the joints. I'm not totally sold on the material as the ribbing is pretty visible.

I've decided to sell one. That's my stand against sideshow. You only get $110 of my money. :lol

I'll try the super glue trick for the joints. I'm not totally sold on the material as the ribbing is pretty visible.

I bought purple loctite to try that. Barring that, I wonder if a layer of rubber cement would work - thicker, somewhat pliable.

Back