Lights Out (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that trailer the other night and the first 20 seconds scared the **** out of me. :lol

At first I was sort of rolling my eyes thinking "wow, another blond in a horror movie" and "ooh, another americanized j-horror", but the mom talking to the kid, that **** creeped me out.

Just in case we decide not to watch the movie they told us the whole synopsis in the trailer.

I think they had a difficult task of trying to establish this isn't like the other terrible J horror and K horror attempts from Hollywood. If I thought it was then the movie would hold no interest for me.

That trailer the OP posted is actually the second official trailer. The first official trailer had quite a laughable intro. Check it out here, starting at 00:10 to 00:25...

How many times did she need to turn the lights on and off? :lol

That trailer the OP posted is actually the second official trailer. The first official trailer had quite a laughable intro. Check it out here, starting at 00:10 to 00:25...

How many times did she need to turn the lights on and off? :lol

:lol:rotfl

Just found out it's based on a short film. It's got 12M views on YouTube so I guess they wanted to acknowledge the fans because that woman does the same thing in the short. Watch it, if you dare!

I just watched this today and I doubt I'll ever watch it again. Stick with the short film and don't waste time with this one.

can nobody tell from the trailer that it's a steaming pile of garbage? Horror movies usually freak me out, but this looks like a film-school grad's first attempt at the genre.

so the creep only shows up in the dark....
common sense will tell you to stay in a place that doesnt turn off their lights.

like the airport, or denny's. :lol

did you guys watch this on daytime?

:lol

no, at night with the lights out. Lol. If it was the daytime it might have helped keep me from almost falling asleep.

can nobody tell from the trailer that it's a steaming pile of garbage? Horror movies usually freak me out, but this looks like a film-school grad's first attempt at the genre.

oh I had low expectations. My wife always wants to watch scary movies and is a sucker for anything that comes out. Therefore I was stuck watching this with her. The only scary/horror movies I have enjoyed recently are both Conjurings, It Follows, and Don't Breathe

Back