CUSTOM - 1:1 Vader's severed hand prop w/ lightsaber - DONE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmpsk8

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm proud to show this crazy thing off after a few days of work. I've always wanted a severed Darth Vader hand, but wasn't happy with any of the ones I'd seen. I initially planned to put a high end ROTJ saber in here, but ended up using a cheap (albeit less accurate) hilt that I could weather and damage.

The hand is hand made of wood and wire. All the fingers can be positioned individually. The hand is removable from the base, and the hilt is removable from the hand.

I'm considering doing a second one with more expensive parts. Either way, pretty happy with the results:

Very awesome! What, if anything, did you use for metallic paint? I've been getting into repainting toy sabers for a small "battled damaged" collection, and none of the chrome or aluminum paints I've so far used look quite right.

That's awesome, I want one :)
Here's mine, got it from a member on RPF - it's Luke's hand as found years later on Tatooine:

canvas3.jpg
canvas.jpg
canvas2.jpg

Thanks everybody, I appreciate the feedback!

That's awesome, I want one :)
Here's mine, got it from a member on RPF - it's Luke's hand as found years later on Tatooine:

I remember seeing that. Unique piece, and I love that it's a little dark for the Star Wars universe. Very cool.

The attention to detail is insane! That looks awesome!

Thanks. The wrist area had a ton on fine detail, which is why I went with such a simple base.

If this is your "cheap" version, can't wait to see what you do next. I think this looks phenomenal. :clap

Your pieces are always amazing. Great work! Your collection is full of unique pieces and this is just another great piece to add. Well done! :hi5:

Back