12" Talking Codename V coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremaster_les

AF-FIRMATIVE!
Reaction score
Saw this today, and have one already ordered through BBTS!

Was wondering if anyone knew or was even interested...When I didn't see any threads about it, I felt I just had to....

Looks great to me!

V12inchfigure.jpg

At Entertainment Earth, they show him for a few more bucks, and say he has some really cool sounding articulation too. And with LOTS of dialogue, maybe we get that cool oratory when he met Evey????
Here's their info on the figure to read...
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC44324

If I hadn't been so disappointed with the statue, I would order one. But as it is, I can wait until it's actually out. Sorry to be such a downer.

I also have a feeling that's not a photo of the actual figure.

Maybe not, but I am taking my meager $28 chances on it!
Plus, I know I can fix what bugs me about it when I get it.

But, still, here's hoping!
What if that is it?????

Figuremaster Les said:
Maybe not, but I am taking my meager $28 chances on it!
Plus, I know I can fix what bugs me about it when I get it.

But, still, here's hoping!
What if that is it?????
That's the thing... you could fix it. Me, on the other hand, would just cry about it. :lol

I do hope it turns out good. And that's a decent price too.

I am still pissed at NECA increasing the ES to 1500 from 500 on the statue without telling anyone. It is pretty bad when you ask a dealer why they raised an edition size and the dealer is like, they did.

I hate to break the news to you Les, but the articulation is probably going to be useless. That's the NECA 12" which is a resize of their 7 inch scale figure. The articulation really only works well in the pose that the proto photos show - arms down, daggers out. Now, I like the 7" figure. Its made very well and fits in with my MM, Cult Classics, and other 7" scale figures. But I have a feeling you will be very disappointed if you are expecting great articulation.

MC review of the 7" figure:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112906a.htm

I was just looking through the latest issue of PREVIEWS from Diamond and there is a full-page add with this talking 12" V figure as well as Lara Croft and King Leonidas from 300.

Next to the picture of the V figure it touts "Full 60 Second Sound Chip!". This can mean only one thing: it will have The Speech!!!!

:chew

Actually I was serious. If it were a 12" with cloth costume I'd definitely be all over it. But the oversized plastic figures are really of no interest. It doesn't help that it looks just like the overpriced fully polystone statue.

Darklord Dave said:
Actually I was serious. If it were a 12" with cloth costume I'd definitely be all over it. But the oversized plastic figures are really of no interest. It doesn't help that it looks just like the overpriced fully polystone statue.

Agree.

Easy pass!

Well, clearly someone else (SSC, HT, Medicom etc) will have to get a license if we're ever going to see a fully articulated, mixed-media 12" V figure. :(

I like some of NECA's stuff, but you're right... there is almost no articulation and everything is made out of the same plastic material.

Still, I will get this and the 300 King Leonidas. They won't be displayed near my 12" collection, but instead along with Shaun of The Dead and Frank The Bunny from DONNIE DARKO. Sort of a mini NECA talking 12" collection if you will.

i will definitely be getting this. i'm moving more and more in the 12" and taller market, and although it's not a statue, i think it will still look great. the 7" version looks outstanding.

Darklord Dave said:

I'm contemplating getting this just for the mask, hat, soundchip and weapons and making them the starting point of a custom clothed and articulated 12".

If only Medicom/Sideshow/Hot Toys would pick up this license. I'd beall over a Medicom V, runt-ness or not.

Back