Thoughts on focus of my SW collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiklasK

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I´m just going crazy trying to figure out what to focus my SW collecting on.

In the "early days" mid-2000 I got most of the Master Replicas lightsabers and helmets. As time moved on I got married and had two daughters. As space was somewhat limited I ended up selling my entire Master Replicas collection. Boy do I regret that now.

About 10 years ago I started collecting autographs and got posters signed on conventions. These posters (all 6 Struzan SW posters) are now framed and up on my walls in the home theater/collecting room.

After moving to a house I started getting the 1/6 Hot Toys and sure they are great figures with amazing detail. However I havent really gotten as fond of them as opposed to the Gentle Giant statues from the mid 2000.

Should I start thinking of 1/4 scale statues/figures? I just cant bring myself trying to get the MR items again, its not sane with the prices nowadays.

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, or maybe very off-topic but I just wanted to see if anybody else have thought about this. Maybe there are too many items and licenses nowadays compared to when MR got started?

to me.. 1/4 is the ultimate. I had 1/6 before and once I got my first 1/4... I sold them all.. I have next to 1/4 also some lightsabers and some Space ship replicas and helmets... .. but my main focus is SW 1/4.. the more you have a theme going.. the better your collection looks cluttered IMO

but yeah.. 1/4 is differently something that is an awesome scale

the price points are making collecting anything a tough call these days...also not a good time to go after old star wars pieces...the prices have skyrocketed since the new movie came out.

1/4 scale has probably the best "wow factor" outside of props. but space will become an issue quite quickly. I think the best value out there right now is the old attakus line (1/5) and the GG statues. In the end, think about what your monthly/yearly budget will be and how much space you have...that should point you in the right direction.

As others have said 1:4 scale has a nice wow factor due to their size, SS is making some nice ones at the moment, you also have XM releasing 1:4 Star Wars statues soon. Iron Studios is doing 1/10 scale Star Wars statues right now which are awesome if you have limited space and budget and they're suppose to do some 1:4 scale also, although I've yet to hear any prototypes yet.

I guess in the end it's all about budget and display space, 1:4 scale is going to take up lots of space and at $500 a pop for SS and around $900 a pop for XM, it can get pricey fast.

the price points are making collecting anything a tough call these days...also not a good time to go after old star wars pieces...the prices have skyrocketed since the new movie came out.

1/4 scale has probably the best "wow factor" outside of props. but space will become an issue quite quickly. I think the best value out there right now is the old attakus line (1/5) and the GG statues. In the end, think about what your monthly/yearly budget will be and how much space you have...that should point you in the right direction.

I've been a collector of everything for a LONG time. I have a huge collection of props, statues, figures, autographs, original art etc. However I've gotten to your point Niklas. I'm married now and having kids, I have a man cave under construction which is great.

But I'm at a point where I can't collect everything anymore. I can buy random select pieces of interest me which is ok. As ambasah said, the skyrocketing prices have made it tough and for the most part, have priced me out. I've decided to refocus my collection after the cave is finished.

I recently started getting some Star Wars PFs and very happy about it. The new Boba Fett, Snowtrooper, and a Stormtrooper so far. My son is getting into Star Wars which makes buying these more satisfying for me. He can name them all

I have a pretty decent collection of MR stuff which I am very fond of, only problem is my family is quickly outgrowing our home, so to help afford a new house I am seriously thinking of selling most of my pieces. Problem is, I don't ever seem to be able to find auctions on EBay for many of my items. So I'm not sure what I can reasonably expect to get For them.

I know I need to do it, but the idea breaks my heart.

Anyway, off the top of my head, my collection consists of...

A New Hope :
Han Solo blaster
Stormtrooper blaster
Obi Wan's lightsaber (weathered)
Darth Vader's Lightsaber
Medal of Yavin

Empire:
Luke's Lightsaber

Jedi:
Thermal Detonator (weathered)
Luke's Lightsaber (1st release)

Phantom:
Darth Maul's lightsaber
Obi Wan's lightsaber (Elite Edition)

Clones:
Mace Windu's Lightsaber
Darth Tyranus/Dooku Lightsaber

Sith:
Darth Sidious Lightsaber

Helmets:

Stormtrooper (1st release)
Shocktrooper
Commander Gree

Not sure if I've forgotten anything.

I don't think I could ever part with Han's Blaster or the Stormtrooper Blaster. Luke's Jedi lightsaber is a keeper as well. The Stormtrooper helmet is most likely safe from selling as well.

If I do this it will take a lot of resolve.

Edit - I also have the FX sabers for Anakin, Vader and Mace Windu, not to mention a FX Sting from LOTR tht I picked up for $20, guess they didn't sell too well.

:mad: why? You think I'm lying?

I don't have everything displayed, and at the moment, don't think I care to take pics, at least not til I'm ready to sell.

how-to-spot-a-liar.jpg

man im just kidding dude.. easy... just would love to see those great items you are listing... ..just chill :lol

how-to-spot-a-liar.jpg

man im just kidding dude.. easy... just would love to see those great items you are listing... ..just chill :lol

Well, that would Be a friendlier way to put it. Anything in particular you want to see? Maybe I can accommodate.

Just dont have time to photograph whole collection.

These guys are just messing with you, all they want to do is feast their eyes on your collectibles.

If you have an MR Fett helmet please send that my way :)

Back