Buffy and Angel 12" lines on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Ask Sideshow:

Ask Sideshow said:
Question: Are there plans for more 12-inch figures of from the Buffy and Angel lines?

SSC: The Buffy and Angel lines are currently on hold. While there is a huge universe of characters to draw from, we do feel satisfied that all of the core characters (at least from the original Buffy cast) have been represented at this point. We'll be focusing on other properties for a while, but do hope to return to the Whedonverse in 12-inch at some point in the future.
:monkey2

Well, that sucks! I'm glad we're getting Giles for the Buffy line but the Angel line has barely started. If I had known it was going to be "on hold" this soon after the Angel line started I wouldn't have bothered starting to collect those. And we never got a Cordy for the Buffy line and she was definitely a core member in the earlier seasons. And what about Anya and Tara? And a decent Faith and Willow should have been made for all of us who bought the crappy looking offerings they gave us.

Just wondering how many Buffy fans will still be loyal to Sideshow when they decide to pick up the line again - don't know if I'll be willing to support Sideshow when they've clearly abandoned us. Oh well, saves me a lot of money.

I'm bummed but I like what they've done so far so I'll wait and see.

Hopefully its not on hold for years.

well that sucks. The Angel cast is still in need of Gunn, Wesley and Fred and looks like they wont happen any time soon.

Serpentor said:
well that sucks. The Angel cast is still in need of Gunn, Wesley and Fred and looks like they wont happen any time soon.

How sideshow can say that the core characters have been covered amazes me. Serpentor is spot on about the three figures above who have been missed and are absolutely key to the line. (although even DST haven't done Gunn - rights issue?)
I cancelled my PF Spike yesterday and my list of pending products is getting v. small. i only want a couple more star wars figures and LOTR isn't much faster than Buffy. Looks like me and Sideshow are approaching the end of the road.

I can understand the reluctance to do Fred or Illyria thier females have been kind of hit or miss. But what abotu Wesley? He was imporant to the overall series of both Angel and Buffy! He deserved a figure for sure. Also I take being on hold as pretty much never going to happen baring a miracle.

Thus why my only two Buffy figures are going and Im only keeping Giles out of my love for Anthony Head.

I cant believe they say they have satisfied and produced the core characters from Angel. Buffy had had a long run, but Angel, no way. Thats wrong and they know it. I understand why they're holding the line but to say theyre happy with the Angel line is beyond me.

Ummm there are so many figures that could be produced that haven't. How about Joyce? Ms. Calendar? Kendra? Principle Snyder? Mr. Wood? The Other Slayers? Jonathan? The Major? Adam? Glory? Dark Witch Willow? Amy the Witch? Moloch? The Judge? That's just the Buffy characters. How about the Angel characters? Wesley? Fred? Illyria (sp?)? Gunn? Doyle? Lindsay? Lilah?

I think we're missing some of the core characters and some big bads! Wake up and smell the coffee SideShow!

I think most agree Sideshow's covering of the Buffy/Angle universe is lacking alot of good characters. Lindsy would be a big one from Angel. He's up there with Wesley in terms of core for that series. Its a shame it seems as though we will not see any of them. I guess thier priority is Star Wars now.

Buffy/Angel is the line I'm most interested in from SSC, but we have to face facts - they just aren't selling. I think we need a campaign for an Illyria PF - I think that's something that they could get behind!

Darklord Dave said:
Buffy/Angel is the line I'm most interested in from SSC, but we have to face facts - they just aren't selling. I think we need a campaign for an Illyria PF - I think that's something that they could get behind!

Sadly its true Cordeilla was in high demand and took her forever to sell out.

An Illyria PF would be awsome indeed I'd get one and I'm not heavily into PF's only have Buffy.

I think the line is dead. They say on hold but really I dont see any more being made. Sideshow does seem more into making PF's and dioramas and things these days. Star Wars and Lotr are probably the only 12" lines they will keep going. Maybe I'm wrong hopefully I am and one day soon we'll see a new Buffy or Angel 12" figure announced.

I agree, it does sound like the 'shows over' for this range. I mean, lets face it, Buffy's a dead show, and I with all the will in the world I can't believe it's sold as well as other 'fresher' lines, so this seems a logical step on Sideshows behalf.

It also makes more sense as to why they've decided to just release a 're-hash of the original PF Buffy, rather then something new. So no hope of a PF Angel then by the looks of it. or does this still mean they intend to carry on making characters in the PF range?

It's also sad that this news has come in month of Buffy's tenth anniversary. A black day all round really.

Serpentor said:
I can understand the reluctance to do Fred or Illyria thier females have been kind of hit or miss.

The quality of their female figures have been hit or miss, hence the lacking sales on some of them, IMO.

But this news doesn't come as a surprise to me. They say 'on hold', but I think it's pretty much a dead issue at this point and that there's a chance we won't see anymore, period. Overall, I am satisfied with the ones I have (the original core Scooby gang and the earlier Buffy characters). But to say all the core characters have been made definitely isn't accurate. I'm not a fan of Dawn or Anya, but they (along with Tara) are core characters in the later seasons, and Angel will be missing Wesley, Fred, and Gunn. But I would've only bought Wesley out of all of those, and a Doyle if they'd made him.

I'm more put out by the fact that it seems as if the only 12 inch figures SSC is going to truly focus on is $tar War$. The lack of 12 inch figures coming is what bothers me most.

Trouble is if they concentrate solely on the Star Wars line, what happens when they've reached saturation point with the buying public?

Not everyones a Star Wars fan, and even the ones that are can only buy so much.

I still think it wouldn't have killed them financially to have brought out at least two Buffyverse figures a year, just to keep the line 'bubbling along' till the 'novelty' of the Star Wars 'rush' had tapered off.

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed. I could see that the "Buffy" line could have gone on hiatus for a while but surely "Angel" had a few more - as others said Wesley was important in BOTH series so not to have a Wesley is pretty sad.

At least I now have the complete set.......

Personally I'm a bit disappointed overall with where SSC is going. Really they were the only company in my price point for 12" figures - I get the occassional HT figure but they tend to be at least double and sometimes triple what I pay for a SSC figure.

Oh well. Still a few other lines to catch up previously released figures from.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They seemed to have canceled (oops) 'put on hiatus' a few other lines as well, and I have the distinct feeling that they're gong to turning their collective backs on the 12" range and favor the high end collectors market instead, which means that half the time I certainly wont be able to purchase any.

I don't suppose it would help if a load of us emailed Sideshow and said we were disappointed at this new news?

Back