Nightmare on Elm Street vs Candyman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightmare on Elm street or Candyman?

• A Nightmare on Elm Street

Votes: 54 93.1%
  • Candyman

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Second match up!!!!!!!

Nightmare on Elm Street
Number of Films-7(8 if you include fvJ)
Debut-1984
Horror icon-Freddy Krueger
Notable Director-Wes Craven

Candyman
Number of Films-3
Debut-1992
Horror Icon-The Candyman/Daniel Robitaille
Notable Director-Bernard Rose

yeah I see the poll.
Seems like they dont show up instantly when created. takes a minute or 2

this is actually a tough one for me.
Ive always liked Candyman.

Why are we taking polls for films that are out of league with one another? Pumpkinhead is a direct to video series of films that very few people have seen. The first one is a classic, the rest are basically on the same level as Frankenfish. Why run it against Friday the 13th? Friday the 13th should run against Nightmare on Elm Street and run Candyman against Pumpkinhead. Unless you already want to know the results before the poll. These match ups are kind of like running a poll on whether or not Zombies on Broadway is better than Bride of Frankenstein. Match these up a little better. Because you don't have to be the amazing Kreskin to figure out that Freddy and Jason will beat Pumpkinhead and Tony Todd everytime. They have more exposure and more films.

Although I will say that the first Pumpkinhead is every bit as good as the first Freddy film...in my opinion.

Nightmare on Elm Street will always hold a special place in my heart. Me and my dad would watch horror movies all the time when I was little and Freddy was always my favorite character. Whenever a new movie came out, we'd always go see it opening night. So I obviously voted for Candyman :lol

Anton Phibes said:
Why are we taking polls for films that are out of league with one another? Pumpkinhead is a direct to video series of films that very few people have seen. The first one is a classic, the rest are basically on the same level as Frankenfish. Why run it against Friday the 13th? Friday the 13th should run against Nightmare on Elm Street and run Candyman against Pumpkinhead. Unless you already want to know the results before the poll. These match ups are kind of like running a poll on whether or not Zombies on Broadway is better than Bride of Frankenstein. Match these up a little better. Because you don't have to be the amazing Kreskin to figure out that Freddy and Jason will beat Pumpkinhead and Tony Todd everytime. They have more exposure and more films.

Although I will say that the first Pumpkinhead is every bit as good as the first Freddy film...in my opinion.

I plan to do a losers and winners bracket. So lets say Friday the 13th beats Nightmare on Elm Street and Candyman beats Pumpkinhead then Pumpkinhead would be matched up against nightmare on elm street in the losers bracket and Candyman would be in the winners bracket instead of Nightmare on elm street. Also Each vote counts so the closer a battle is even if the Candyman loses it still count into the next round, trust me The way I'm doing it makes sense...

When I first saw Nightmare it scared me to death. I had always had bad dream as a kid and the idea of someone invading those dream terrified me.
So I voted for Freddy.

Freddy all the way.

It should come down to F13 vs Elm Street.

Bah! Halloween/Michael Myers rules both.

As for this particular poll, while I normally would say that Clive Barker > Wes Craven I gotta give NOES the nod here.

freddy-kruger.jpg

"Come to Freddy."

If I may say so, this poll sucks.
This isn't a contest ...

Everybody knows the results in advance ...
Bring on some real battles !!

Vince said:
If I may say so, this poll sucks.
This isn't a contest ...

Everybody knows the results in advance ...
Bring on some real battles !!
I explained the logic further up.
(although the next couple are going to be close, it's not my fault everyone loves Freddy and Jason)

These first two did seem a little unevenly matched, but I am eager to see what the next matchups will be! Cool idea!

Well Basically what is going to happen is the 8 winners and the 8 losers will have two polls, I'll keep the points from this round and the next and add them to decide the order.

Back