JC Fett and his Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCFETT

Super Freak
Reaction score
A place for JC Fett to post silly photos from his collection. Also a place for him to talk about himself in third person.

Enjoy.

This is a shed he built so that he can enjoy his 1/6 collection, and also have a personal space to work. He likes to work on life size Star Wars props, especially Boba Fett and Bounty Hunter related things. Likely he will put his full size ESB Boba (501st BH-11220) on display here via mannequin. It is a modest 8x15 studio style room in a backyard somewhere in Brooklyn.

IMG_6143.jpg

This is a wall of Detolfs that will be home to many of his Star Wars figures. Other figures will have to go on shelves. TBD.

IMG_6053.jpg

This is a couch where he will sit for many hours staring and thinking. Perhaps feeling accomplished and satisfied with how life turned out. Perhaps the opposite. Only time will tell. The messy desk is where he hopes to create some cool things with stuff.

IMG_6144.jpg

More photos of the interior shed as it progresses. For now he will be enjoying unboxing his figures and taking photos for his collector friends to also enjoy.

Chewie, does this color make me look fat?

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

It doesn't end well for Han (again) :(
IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

The end.... or is it
IMG_6111.jpg

Great pictures as I've already said in other threads.

The shed turned out great, I remember your thread asking for advice a while ago, nice to see that you pulled it off!

Great shed! It's always good to have your own place for the collectibles!

Jimmy likes it too :D

The_jimmy.jpg

Thanks guys for all the comments! Going to post more photos soon, still trying to figure out shelving, where they should go and how many... Don't want it to look too crowded. My detolfs are all mostly set up though, I'll post a photo of how that looks soon

For the details on the shed

Originally I was gonna just run an extension cord, but like my brother says if you're gonna do it do it right lol.

So I had an electrician run a line from my box for a designated 20amps, that runs above ground along my fence to the shed, it powers two recessed LED lights and the detolf lights and two outlets for whatever, I also bought a climateright air 5000 unit that does heat and AC in one unit, I really liked that the unit mounts outside and you just install two hoses and it pulls and returns air, also dehumidifies while not taking up additional priceless space inside the shed. I also insulated the hell out of it, overhead, floor and obviously walls, I threw down the cheapest flooring I could find at Home Depot, some trim and paint and that was pretty much it. I had some guys from pleasant run structures over in PA come to Brooklyn and build out the frame, plywood it, do the roof and shingling and vinyl side the shed itself, these guys were quick, came in at 7am and were gone before 3pm. Three kids couldn't have been more that 22 years old. Most impressive! Overall it probably cost around 6 grand. Ouch! But it's pretty sweet, it's like having a studio in my back yard, the thing is.. Whether I should put a tv or not, my wife is afraid I'll never leave if I have a tv in here lol

Alright dudes... here is the general shelving layout... I took a quick shot of the whole wall, I'll need to do some finessing and futzing to each shelf, but for now everyone is where they will currently be :) yeah maybe a few don't make sense, but I am likely to remove all my sandtroopers out to display on a big shelf with the dewback, that should give me more space, ie the R5-d4 will go with the jawas when those come in instead of the sandpeople, I'll want to break up farm boy luke and pilot luke.. all though there is a nice "One day I'll be the greatest fighter pilot in the galaxy" theme to it haha.

IMG_6220.jpg

Still need to figure out what kind of shelf I can trust to hold the dewback, taun taun, QS Fett and Premium Fett. I don't know if I should do one big one or just a bunch of individual ones?

I had an amazing time opening boxes today, I did the thumb fix, which I'll post shortly and then I'll copy and paste to the C3PO thread, might be helpful to some.

Also discovered my Sandtrooper has a weird ring stain on his pouldron, does everyone have that?

And my Premium Fett is missing a shin tool and the infamous "cat scratch" is INCOMPLETE on his helmet. WHAT A BUMMER. gonna reach out to sideshow.

Ok so here is my C3PO "I'm not a surgeon" approach to thumb fix.

BEFORE AND AFTER
IMG_6213.jpg

Instead of opening the hand COMPLETELY, just open it slightly. Less heart attack, and overall just easier.

Get a fine flat head screwdriver.

You'll see a black spacer between the fingers that's attached to the bottom half of the hand, place the flathead above the spacer somewhere near the center fingers of the hand and apply pressure until it begins to separate from the top half, don't go hardcore, you just need to separate it a little bit to get the thumb out, you may hear a pop, you may also not, don't freak out, sometimes it does that as the pieces separate, DO be gentle at first and EASE the pressure to greater force until you get a big enough gap for the thumb t ball joint to come out.
IMG_6210.jpg

In some cases once you are able to begin separation at the center of the hand, you may want to place the flathead nearer to the thumb base joint and separate it here, the thumb should easily twist and come out.

Great job, you did it! Here it is. We need to round off the T on that bad girl so we can get more rotation out of it.
IMG_6211.jpg

Thankfully, the hard part is over. This is the easy part. Don't use an exacto or some sort of knife, your fingers are too precious to lose! Just take out some fine sand paper and round her off. Rounding the side of the T is easy, to round from underneath just place the sand paper at the edge of your desk and slide the bottom of the T joint over it to sand it from under. No big deal. Don't take too much off the joint because then the thumb will just bobble around loose. You want to keep a decent lip there so when you turn it sideways it will hold nicely in the hand halves. You'll end up with something like this
IMG_6212.jpg

You're a real pro at this. High 5. Whoa, let's get the thumb in there first or it's really just a high 4. Go ahead and slip the thumb back in and twist, you should feel it tight as you've left enough of the T to hold it in place, and that's pretty much it. DONE.

IMG_6214.jpg

Way to go champ!

IMG_6215.jpg

I am C3PO Human thumb relations

IMG_6216.jpg

On a separate note, does everyone else's threepio eyes show the white LEDs like this?

ONKbazc.jpg

MYSTERY SOLVED

According to Anthony Daniels photos in his threepio, the three lights are accurate
anthony-daniels-4.jpg

OK so after more unboxing...

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS RING ON MY SANDY'S PAULDRON? Did some little gnome leave his coffee on it while in between applying paint apps?

Can anyone confirm this?

IMG_6219.jpg

gnomeartist3181.jpg

MYSTERY SOLVED

Why are people removing the padding when its clearly there... weathering too...?

attachment.php

TY WORGAR. His posts are the kind of posts that just keep giving.

OK... so here's a big bummer on multiple levels. Opened up premium format ESB Fett #79 of 2,500...

Infamous "cat scratch" is INCOMPLETE on my helmet. it's as if... the machine printing the scratches out completely stopped on my helmet. out of ink? lolz.
IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

Shin tools... only included three... where's the 4th? The "jetpack adjustment tool" ? Also sonic beam weapon not painted?
IMG_6224.jpg

incorrect mythosaur on the shoulder??????
Image_Uploaded_By_Tapatalk1455860436_746660.jpg

So incredibly bummed right now. :(

Back